KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Here is a good statistic provided by the Florida Law Enforcement Agency and the Florida Game and Fish Comission:

"According to the state of Florida you are twice as likely to be attacked by an alligator than you are to be attacked by a person with a concealed carry permit."

This one lost his hearing:

Dom%20Head2.jpg

Dom%20Head.jpg

Had an exciting hunt by myself tonight and nailed another large 400 pound boar hog.

Walked out behind the house with my FLIR M-24 helmet mount and hiked on my forest trail out about a half mile when I saw a hot thermal spot in some really thick brush. Looked at it for a few minutes and moved around trying to get a better look but could not tell what it was as it looked like it may be a dead tree trunk in the brush.

Turned on the FLIR LS-XR and InstaAlert instantly lite him up bright red and knew it was a hog, but still very difficult to see in the thick cover, walked around trying to get a better angle and finally he heard me and raised his head up and I put a 77 grain SMK in his ear at about 80 yards with the HK 556 and FLIR T-70 thermal.

I have been after this large boar for about four months now and have seen him on the game cams numerous times, in fact I had previously shot him in the side from a long range about six weeks ago and he had a deep wound about five inches long in his side from the previous shot.

HK9%20Hog.jpg

HK%209%20Head.jpg

HK%209%20Head2.jpg

HK9%20Hole.jpg

HK9%20Hot.jpg

Skypup, I have been looking for a picture to see how far back you mount your RS64 on your rifle. I can't find a good picture from the side. I mounted mine about flush with the upper but am thinking I want to move it back some more closer to the butt plate. What are your thoughts? Do you have a good pic from the side?

Mine is far back flush with the end of the rail on my SIG 556 for proper cheek weld and good eye relief. The super nice LaRue mount makes it easy as pie and strong as steel, excellent mount!

On an AR you can also go all the way back as long as you have a charging handle extension for your fingers to put a round in the chamber.

SIG 556 with RS:

SIG%20556%20RS64%20Wood%20Grip%20Close.jpg

Noveske with RS:

Noveske%20RS%20Hog.jpg

RS%20BUIS.jpg

You can see the extended charging handle catch on the Noveske AR, it will clear BUIS, but I remove the irons on my rifes...

thanks for the response. I moved it way back and now it is much more comfortable and the rifle feels more balanced now. I will have to sight it in again but it will be well worth it. I had a problem with FTF when I sighted it in the first time and didn't get to complete it to my satisfaction but now I will hopefully be good as long as I get the FTF issue corrected. thanks

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEA molecular what????
scared.gif

Even a geneticist can enjoy some quality pork DNA from time to time!
laugh.gif

SkyPup any new photos on the night hunting ride...Are you still using the rhino grip to hold the gun? Do you like it compared to the 2 gun holders.

I like the two gun holder, but I want them to lean to the rear (bench seat) and not use straps 90 percent of the time but not sure if that works.

Mr. B, everything has been working very nicely with the ride, have been making allot of kills with it!

I like the Rhino mount very much, main reason is I have seven different thermal rifles all setup and the height I mounted the Rhino at allows me to use any of them with zero interference with any of the optics.

I mounted the Rhino grip high enough to clear all the optics on all the different rifles, even with the clip-ons, and since the weight of the rifle rests on the butt on the floorboard there is little to no stress on the Rhino and it holds tight even under severe riding conditions over very rough territory in 4WD!

My friends mother knitted us some camo rifle slip-on covers so I can try to keep the dust, mud, rain, etc. from getting all over the rifles when riding around, they work very nice too.

Cab%20Interior.jpg

Interior%202.jpg

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliThanks. Rig looks great, but get the beer/sweet tea holder up higher.

Right...Priorities and I agree with Mr. Benelli!
thumbup1.gif

Back