Mall Doubles Down on Gun Ban, In Spite of Terror Threat

hm1996

Staff member

Fox Five discuss Gun Free Zones.

Quote:

Starnes: Mall Doubles Down on Gun Ban, In Spite of Terror Threat

The following is a transcript of "Todd's American Dispatch, featuring Fox News' Todd Starnes, Tuesday, February 24, 2015:

Hello, I'm Todd Starnes.

There may or may not be a terrorist attack at the Mall of America. But the Obama Administration says don't let that stop you from heading on down to the Pottery Barn.

The warning comes after the terror group Al Shabaab released an online video calling for attacks on western shopping centers. These are the same Islamic Radicals responsible for a deadly attack on a Kenyan mall in 2013.

So what better time for the Mall of America to remind shoppers about their gun ban? Because the last thing you want when the bad guys start blowing stuff up is a pistol-packing clerk at the Shoe Carnival.

Here’s what Minnesota State Representative Tony Cornish had to say about the gun policy:

"The situation with the mall of America is completely ridiculous. It is just the opposite of what they should be doing. If we’re threatened with an attack of any kind, the last thing you ever want to do is disarm citizens."

So, for now it appears our last line of defense against the Islamic radicals is a mall cop on a segway. Then again - there’s always the outside chance they could be overcome by fumes from the Abercrombie Store.

That is my "American Dispatch." I'd like to hear what you think on Facebook and Twitter. You can also catch up on all my dispatches with a free subscription to my newsletter. It's one stop shopping at Fox News dotcom. I'm Todd Starnes'

Watch Todd Starnes' American Dispatch above and below sound off!

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/24/starnes-mall-doubles-down-gun-ban-spite-terror-threat

Regards,
hm

I rarely go to any mall. On the rare occasion when I do I don't give the slightest thought to whether they allow guns or not.

Here it doesn't matter. A business can ban open carry but not concealed, so a mall can put up any signs it likes & they have no legal impact on concealed carriers, but I've been ignoring such signs in every state I go through.

Back