6x45 Load data

Status
Not open for further replies.
6x45122514_zpsdc515502.jpeg

Adam

Originally Posted By: eneranchGood group, just under 0.6moa ; just curious about the 138 yds ??

Well, I had a range set up for testing. Then we built a house, right at the end of the range. On that house is a deck and being that I hate sunshine, rain, snow other various Ohio weather scenarios I put the bench on the deck, which was 38yds further back
smile.gif
I went with it.

This was also my first load choice for the 6x45. It took me longer to make the target and put the reloading equipment away than to find a load that shot.

Adam

Went through this whole post lots of good info. I can't seem to get the pdf, it take me to a buckammo page. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help. I am looking for a good 100 gr load for hunting.

Originally Posted By: topweldor1Went through this whole post lots of good info. I can't seem to get the pdf, it take me to a buckammo page. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help. I am looking for a good 100 gr load for hunting.

PM me your email & I'll send it to you.

Last edited:
A quick piece of ^X45 load data to share.

6X45 20" BHW barreled AR-15
Winchester brass trimmed to 1.755"
WSR primer
27.2 grains of H335 powder
58 grain 6MM Hornady V-Max
Overall Cartridge Length 2.230"
Average chrono speed 3095 fps
Average 100 yard 5 shot groups .850"

This is my go to coyote load zeroed @ 200 yards, 1" high @ 100 yards.

Has anyone explored IMR4227 as a powder for the 6x45? I used to load .222 with it and was wondering if it would be suitable for 55 gr bullets.

Hey guys! I know this is an old post, however I found it while doing some research of my own on the 6x45 I'm starting to build.
I also am working on a 17x223! That's the reason for the post.
Does anyone out there have the low down on forming the brass for the 17x223? I have found nothing on line and have no idea where to look next.
I figure that it is similar to forming the 6x45, but I'd like to hear it from some guys who have one.

Thanks for any and all help!!!
RobUSMC

Morning Gents. I've been lurking for awhile. I've got a couple of questions on the 6x45 and figured this was the place to ask.

Has anyone worked up some loads with AR-Comp? It's one of the few powders available locally and seems like it would be usable in 6x45.

Any working links or way to obtain the latest version of the 6x45 load date pdf?

Thanks!
Cliff

Cliff,
I don't have anything in the way of AR Comp, however I'll be testing some IMR tomorrow if that would help? Ill post it here when I get the results back! Wont help with the AR Comp but might give you some other options.

Rob

Cliff
Sorry, but my day at the range did not turn out as planned. We did go, but shortly after the 50yd (see if your on paper test) life went bad. After moving to the 100yd line, I found that the rifle would not group at all. We are talking 6" to 8" groups! Not 100% on what the problem is, however I feel that it is a glass issue. I through another scope on it and will do a take 2 next weekend. I hope to have that data posted after that! Everything else about the rifle was great, except I just cant hit crap! Haha story of my life.
Rob

Sorry man, brain fart on my part! All info was great and I thank all for it! still working out the bugs on how to work this site. Old people!

Rob

I'm trying to decide what brass I should use. I picked up some new Winchester 223 brass, but I'm wondering if that will limit the pressures and speed I can get out of this round. Would I be better off getting some 5.56x45mm brass to use instead?

Originally Posted By: RobUSMCSorry man, brain fart on my part! All info was great and I thank all for it! still working out the bugs on how to work this site. Old people!

Rob

Rob, any data is gratefully accepted. Did you ever get your IMR loads sorted out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back