KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Okay, the lowdown on the Zombie Hog episode that none of the most astute thermal expert wannabes here was able to detect that the ZOMBIE HOG IS A PROP!

Amazing that absolutely no other thermal expert wannbe even detected this thermal scam?
thumbdown.gif

We had been busy for the previous two weeks before this hunt trying to trap hogs in a half dozen different traps so that we would have a few penned live specimens, after all the hard work all we end up with was everything but hogs....so did not have any live hog targets to use for measuring and comparing thermal performance at specified known distances with the various thermal devices.

I had shot three hogs and could not recover them in the deep brush and it was freezing cold and windy, so after the coyotes attacked one of the boars we did recover, we decided we would prop his recently deceased body up on a convenient log stump and use that to record images from the myriad of different devices we had on hand.

Actually it worked out pretty good and was better than using live wild hog specimens since all the exact distances were known and recorded with each different thermal device.

So, next time you see a suspicious hog in someones thermal videos, it just might be another ZOMBIE HOG!!!

Innovative Zombie Hog revealed at last:

Zombie%20Hog.JPG

Zombie Hog is taking the lead role and starring in the world's first unprecedented scientific/technical analysis of a dozen different thermal weapon scopes all recorded at the same time, same Hz, same FPS, same magnification, same focus, same recording settings, at the same place, with the same hog, at the same temperature, at the same distance, at the same humidity, at the same lunar equinox.

Wait until you see the results of the highly trained scientific staff testing the null hypothesis that not all thermal weapon scopes are created equally with a 99% Confidence Interval and a p value of 0.001....

A new scientific research standard in thermal weapon scopes and scanners has been set and raised the bar to new heights!
thumbup1.gif

It looks like he was the veteran of many a fight... Hope he enjoys his nap...
wink.gif

Must have been a just below the ear shot. They don't bleed much do they?

$bob$

We thought this dude was Smokin' Joe Frazier the way his shield was scarred with fresh battle wounds, his eternal sleep began with a hole below the ear...
thumbup1.gif

Couple of representative NV pics of the Larson 24 watt 850nm IR blaster on the UTV:

Powerline1.jpg

Powerline2.jpg

Powerline3.jpg

It is easy to drive in the dark with NVOs.....

Took out three at the feeder in the dark tonight about 75 yards, got the sow straight on through the eyeball socket and out the back of the skull ->DRT!

HK5%20FLIR%20M324.jpg

HK5%20Hogs%203.jpg

HK5%203%20Hogs.jpg

HK5%20Hot.jpg

Wilcox makes a super nice dovetail adapter to mount the FLIR GS M-24 onto my Nortoros INVG to have a helmet mounted thermal scanner.

The M-24 is a super nice lightweight kit that only weighs 14oz with batteries or about the same as a PVS-14 NVO.

The M-24 has a video out for recording to a DVR and also has an external USB port strictly for external battery power beyond the two CR-123s that it normally operates on.

The awesome thing about the 640 core kits is the FOV is a whopping 32X24 degrees due to the 19mm lens, this is simply outstanding for a thermal scanner!

It also has 1x, 2X, and 4X with white and black hot polarity and adjustable contrast. The core has an automatic NUC so is ready to go all the time but you can cover the lens yourself and do a manual NUC if you want to.

I'll get some video through it sometime soon, it has an amazing view!

M24.jpg

M24B.jpg

M24%20Front.jpg

M24%20INVG.jpg

M24%20Team%20Wendy.jpg

M24%20Team%20Wendy%20Top.jpg

Pup is now on the Prez's bleep list for affending Muslims..
thumbup.gif

Where can I get one of those patchs ,Pup?? Actually all three!!

Pup love those pics!!

Last edited:
Haha, it is a slick piece of kit for sure, amazing what you can see all around you now. It is the exact same size as the PVS-14, so easy to swap out back and forth with no adjustment whatsoever.

Those are restricted patches I got from TNVC, I like the laser going through the goat's rear end and coming out his mouth!

M24%20Selfie.jpg

The FLIR M-24 is the same size as my Night Enforcer ITT Pinnacle PVS-14 is and swapping it out requires no adjustment whatsoever, takes five seconds to change over.

M24%20PVS14.jpg

Back