KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: LDhunterOriginally Posted By: SkyPupIn fact, for those of you wanting the cheapest thermal, the new upgraded PS-24 240 core now looks better than the old PS-32 320 core did!
thumbup1.gif

Just to be sure which unit you're talking about is it this one?
http://tnvc.com/shop/flir-scout-ps24/

That is the older Scout 1 PS-24,the newer Scout II PS-24 just released at Shot Show should be available real soon:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/01/22/flir-releases-new-scout-ii-thermal-monocular/

Skypup
Real soon cmon don't tease me I was told via Flir don't know where the gentleman stands on the pole but he said May,June.
Real soon like few weeks.....Waiting
Thanks for the updates and info

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPupI just ordered my new LS-64-II from TNVC....

I just spent some time looking on their website and looked through the catalog for the LS-64-II and didn't find it listed. Do you have any idea what the price will be for us mere mortals? I've been a hair's breath from picking up a used LS-64 several times and would like a price comparison and some more info.

Thanks,
$bob$

The new upgraded LS-64 is called the LS-XR, the prices of the instruments will be posted sometime later on this week as folks are just now returning from Shot Show with allot of new work to plow through.

Originally Posted By: LDhunterOriginally Posted By: SkyPupI just ordered my new LS-64-II from TNVC....

I just spent some time looking on their website and looked through the catalog for the LS-64-II and didn't find it listed. Do you have any idea what the price will be for us mere mortals? I've been a hair's breath from picking up a used LS-64 several times and would like a price comparison and some more info.

Thanks,
$bob$

Try giving TNVC a call, they are an authorized FLIR Channel Partner and carry and service all the FLIR gear available to civilians.

I don't market or sell anything, for all that you need to talk to a FLIR dealer.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupJust awful....
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/01/coyotes_attack_kill_horse_from.html
Kill all of 'em!
mad.gif

"Osmon did have a few words of advice for any resident that may come in close contact with a coyote."Stay clear and leave the area," he said."

I doubt I'd stay clear... LOL.... I carry coyote "medicine" 24/7

It's very sad that this horse was killed and coyotes are damaging pets and livestock nationwide now and it's our civic duty to reduce their numbers... Can I get an AMEN on that one brothers and sisters?
wink.gif

Skypup
Could you recommend a device that will be able to allow me to record with the new scout ps32.
Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: twhiteySkypup
Could you recommend a device that will be able to allow me to record with the new scout ps32.
Thanks

Basically, any mini DVR that records in 720X480 @ 30fps will get the job done.

I use two different ones, an SPI DVR, it is the only waterproof one I am aware of:

T70%20DVR.jpg

And an MDVR:

T70%20MDVR3.jpg

The MDVR is the cheapest and best bet probably for you, although TNVC is releasing a new DVR model that I am interested in getting.

I also use Adobe Premier for video editing.

Skypup,

I know I ask you a lot of questions but you seem to usually know the answers and always help when you can. Is the internal laser for this new LS64-XR visible to coyotes and hogs or is it invisible like the new laser you recently bought?

Another thing... I'd be VERY interested to see the new LS65-XR beside the older LS64-35 you have for a size comparison if you would please.

My finger's on the trigger and twitching (FINALLY) and just a couple more things to clear up and I think I'll trip the trigger on a thermal scanner...
wink.gif

Thanks for all your past, present, and future help. You're a very valuable resource to us here.

Hey... I just noticed that they don't actually call the new unit the LS64-XR but rather just the LS-XR... What's up with that? Typo?

$bob$

No, the laser on the LS-XR 640 core with 35mm lens is the same visible red 550nm laser than is on my old well used LS-42.

Generally, it is frowned upon to integrate an Infrared Laser onto a thermal device due to this being applicable to military use, thermals that do have IR are generally restricted to Mil/LE use and not available for civilian use.

The new LS-XR is the exact same size and dimension as my old LS-64, nothing has changed externally besides the new 2.72 TAU II microbolometer core software upgrade and the new updraded ocular dispaly (which is a little bit larger in diameter than my old LS).

FLIR's new names for the upgraded 640 core unit is the LS-XR, the new name for 336 core unit is LS-X, and of course the PS-32 and PS-24 also have the same new upgraded software and display too...

LOL, all these professional internet thermal post whores and not a single one has picked up on the Zombie Hog yet?
thumbdown.gif

Amazing the detailed analytical thinking going on out there in elsewhere.
tongue_smilie.gif

Gotta say there are some true slackers here for sure!
tongue.gif

Here is the intro to the THREMAL ZOMBIE HOG story to be completed tomorrow:
unsure.gif

One of the gang we were guiding was walking in the dark to a tree stand in a dense live oak understory and spotted this boar hog off to the side with the helmet mounted FLIR M-24 and shot it at 150 yards when it crossed the trail using the FLIR RS64-60mm ThermoScope and left it there and climbed up into the 15 foot tree stand.

Fifteen minutes later, up in the stand, he hears some barking and thinks someone's hunting dogs are nearby, but then all [beeep] breaks loose 150 yards from him with yelping, barking, and howling. Looks over through the thermal and a pack of coyotes are attacking his recently deceased hog and trying to drag the carcass off deeper into the woods.

Got down out of tree stand and went to go rescue the hog as the dogs were going wild in the dark. Saw the dogs in the thermal but too dense to shoot. It was all over in about three minutes when he got there and they took off, however this is the damage the coyote pack did to the hog in less than 3 minutes......

Zombie%20Hog.JPG

Back