KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

That is an older model LDI DBAL-I2, with the visible green laser I can shoot in broad daylight in the tree cover out 125+ yards, or at sundown or with cloud cover out 200 yards.

I have both the visible green laser and the IR laser both zeroed at 200 yards on all my rifles, that is about the max range that I normally use them day or night.

Visible green laser has over four times the range of same power visible red laser during daylight, IR laser could theoretically go for 4-500 yards but good luck trying to hold it still that far, most IR laser shots I take at night are less than 100 yards and it works beautifully.

My beautiful AN/PEQ-15 (ATPIAL) is set for delivery today.

Will be very nice to see how well the IR laser based illuminator works on this since it is way more monochromatic IR light than any LED IR, should be no visible red signature from it whatsoever!

ATPIAL_C_ad2_zpsad5a5b5f.jpg

Will NOT make any difference if coyotes can see red or not with this baby!

A leaf fell in the woods.

The eagle saw it.
The bear smelled it.
The deer heard it.

But only the coyote did all three........

It'll be interesting to hear how that new laser works out for you.

By the way... Your video isn't what I expected. You might want to check out the link or maybe I misunderstood. *** EDIT **** Just saw the second one and it makes a lot more sense now... ***

Last edited:
TNVC to launch Night Goggles!

Providers of all things NV, TNVC is looking to broaden its audience with the introduction of www.nightgoggles.com. With a focus on civilian hunters, the site initially will feature two innovative products: PVS-14 and Sentinel bodies assembled with high-quality white phosphor Gen-2 tubes. The three primary benefits of these designs are: 1. Lower cost (these systems will retail for $1,000 to $3,000 less than their Gen-3 cousins); 2. Accessory compatibility (using the industry-standard PVS-14 and Sentinel bodies allows the full use of any mounts or aftermarket accessories designed for those systems); and 3. Durability (Gen-2 tubes are much less recoil-sensitive than Gen-3 tubes). The PVS-14 is available now and retails for just under $2,000.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/01/22/tnvc-to-launch-nightgoggles-com/

The PEQ-15 for civvies is very nice!

It is lighter than my DBAL-D2s and sits very low on the rail.

I will try out the IR laser/IR laser illuminator later on this weekend as it is bad weather out now.

Co-witnessing the IR and Vis Red laser was a piece of cake with the ACOG @ 200 yards at sundown.

Flir's new Improved Scout II line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xdzj4YGmQ8&feature=youtu.be

I got one of the first Scout PS-32s (320 core and 19mm lens with 2X digital) when they first came out and it is still going strong and always with us at night, it has plenty of range and a nice wide FOV so excellent for detection and recovery both.

I also got one of the LS-64s when they first came out (640 core and 35mm lens and 8X digital) and it is excellent for detection, recovery, and ID and also has an excellent FOV. It's main use if for ID, so we don't end up stalking deer all the time.

FLIR prototyped a PS32R with a 35mm lens with the 320 core and it has about the same range as the LS-64 does but the FOV was not so good, so they did not market that on account of more difficult for recovery use. It did have Video Recording out and this has been carried over to the new Scout II PS-32, so now you can record with it similar to their RS thermal scopes. At night, for both detection and recovery, a WFOV is your friend!

Camo PS-32R with 35mm lens.

PS32RCamo.jpg

PS32RCamoLens.jpg

PS32%20Cable%20DVR.jpg

Our Scouts/LSs have thousands of hours of use in the field over the years and are definitely our GoTo hand held scanners although we have a variety of different thermal hand scanners, some much more powerful, these are the most ergonomic and easy to use for detection and I like the internal lithium rechargeable battery.

Having a high quality hand scanning thermal like the PS-32 or LS-64 and a thermal weapon scope is about as good as it gets in my book for detection and kills.

LS64%20PS32.jpg

NV%20Coyote%202.jpg

T70%20Coyote.jpg

The LS-64 is also upgraded and now has Video Recording out too.

In addition, all the Scout II/LS have the new TAU 2.72 software for improved image contrast....

In fact, for those of you wanting the cheapest thermal, the new upgraded PS-24 240 core now looks better than the old PS-32 320 core did!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: LDhunterOriginally Posted By: SkyPupIn fact, for those of you wanting the cheapest thermal, the new upgraded PS-24 240 core now looks better than the old PS-32 320 core did!
thumbup1.gif

Just to be sure which unit you're talking about is it this one?
http://tnvc.com/shop/flir-scout-ps24/

That is the older Scout 1 PS-24,the newer Scout II PS-24 just released at Shot Show should be available real soon:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/01/22/flir-releases-new-scout-ii-thermal-monocular/

Originally Posted By: REID2168great info........thx!!!!!
thumbup1.gif

Yup, these are the most handy night hunting accessories that you can carry into the dark with you....if you are a serious night hunter.

Back