Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm a 29 year old mother of 4. We hunt, we fish, and just about anything redneck. I grew up in southeastern Arizona but currently live in El Paso, TX (military moved me here). I haven't hunted anything in years until recently. Hunting in TX has been a whole new experience for me, as in Arizona there's more BLM land and I know people in Elfrida and Willcox areas where I can hunt on private property. Not the case here being new and all.
My boyfriend is a soldier from Upstate NY. He's used to deer hunting up there so this is new for him too.
Back home, we used to coyote hunt down near Elfrida. I'm actually headed to Tucson area sometime soon to try to get a bobcat that's eating a friend of mines chickens out of her yard, but weather hasn't permitted the travel this weekend.

My bf and I really want to do a hog hunt and get some deer this year. We aren't trophy hunters at all, just looking to fill the freezer.

Well...Welcome! Your very blessed to have boyfriend/kids interested in hunting and the shooting sports. I can't even get Hula girl to go camping with me. If the ocean ain't involved, she is not interested. Be careful if you get out and about in the El Paso area,(border issues) Grizz.

Thanks! Where I go fishing is right on the border, like I can rest my pole on the fence. Never have any issues, but then again, I am prepared in the event that there is a problem. I carry a 1911 with me religiously.

Ash, welcome to Predator Masters! FYI, there's plenty of BLM land up here in NM, and non-resident small game licenses are pretty affordable.

Hey all. I am new to the forums and somewhat new to predator hunting. I am currently stationed at Fort Carson Colorado but I call Oklahoma home. Married. Just had my first child. A girl born May 2014. Love all types of hunting. Job in the Army is a 1SG for an artillery battery.

Interested in browsing these forums and meeting new people to hunt with and finding areas where I can go myself in both Colorado and Oklahoma. I have not been hunting since 2010 due to deployments and a move to Germany. I cannot wait to get back at it now that I am back home.

First order of business is finding a good varmint rifle / caliber. I'll take any recommendations seriously. I have a few models in mind.

Howdy,
I have been looking at the forum for a bit and spend a lot of time on the SigForum ( and a few others) under the same screen name & avatar.
I've decided to devote more time towards coyote hunting and decided to join the group.
I work for the State of Ohio and am a Jarhead thru & thru.
Woodworker, own a few Harley's and spend a bunch of time out in our Motorhome in Ohios Amish Country and surrounding States every year.
Hope to squeeze as much knowledge out of y'all in the future.
Seems like a mature group, which is why I joined.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054

Howdy...new guy here. I'm a 38yr old East Kentucky Christian Coal Miner. I'm married & have 11yr old identical twin boys. I love the outdoors, Hunting & fishing . I'm a big into Bush Craft & have been since I was a kid...growing up learning BushCraft was a normal way of life here. I'm also into Survival & have been in that since I was a teenager. My boys are both big into the outdoors also...we have alot of fun !

Hey everyone! Im new to the site and thought I would introduce myself. I'm 33 married and have 1 9 year old boy. I hunt, fish and work as a corrections officer for the sheriffs office.
My cousin and a buddy and myself hunt together and call ourselves the predatorgods. You can see our work on Facebook. Facebook.com/pghunting
Hopefully I can share some success photos and videos here.

Hello, New to this site. I am Garth from eastern Idaho. I've been lurking here for some time and finally signed up. Since this is my first post I thought it best to start in this thread. I'm a retired CNC machinist at 64, been married to the same good ol' gal for 42 years. Been extremely fortunate to have lived in Idaho my entire life and have had many, many awesome outdoor experiences.
Of course I love to hunt varmints or I wouldn't be here...I hunt whatever is legal and available. Somewhat handicapped in that I am 90% deaf- unable to hear or understand conversation beyond 30 inches or so. Never mind, I hunt anyway. My favorite firearm and cartridge is a pre-64 model 70 Winchester featherweight in 243. I also shoot Black Powder Cartridge Rifle silhouette with a Shiloh Sharps in 45-90, casting my own bullets and loading all my own black powder ammo for this sport. I really appreciate all the great information that is readily shared on this site, and if I come up with anything that seems worthwhile, I'll share it with everyone here.

Welcome Garth! By brother-in-law lives in Driggs. I've been threatening to come out there wolf hunting but the stars haven't lined up correctly yet.

I live about 40 miles from Driggs. Been looking for wolves a long time, see their tracks and the elk skeletons they leave, but never had a chance for a shot...yet! Hopefully someday. If I ever get a good handle on finding them I'll drop you a note!

Hello, Long time lurker, new poster. Found Predator Masters via google when researching load info on my 25DTI that Mike built for me a couple years ago. Haven't done much predator hunting but am a gun nut through and through and recently began competing in long range practical rifle matches. Love big game, and varmint hunting, and looking forward to learning the predator hunting craft and getting out a bit more.

Hi. First post here. Seems like a great forum. Not new to hunting but new to predator hunting. I have been deer hunting for about 15 years. Although I am from SoCal, most of my hunting is done in Eastern, OK.

Hunting is a passion of mine and my 11 year old son. We also love to camp, surf, shooting, fishing and most outdoor activities. Been married to the same woman, twice, for a total of 15 years. I like the second wife much better. I work in the construction equipment rental and sales industry and have been doing so for the past 12 years.

I have a lot of questions and even more to learn about predator hunting so I look forward to this site and getting my first yote and vermin.

Welcome HWP, there's a ton of info available here. If you don't find the answers you need, ask away!
grin.gif

I just joined this forum. I am also new to predator hunting. I have just bounced around the threads so far to get a feel for how things work. I am impressed.
I am 68 (old f@rt) yrs and have hunted all my life. Mostly here in MN. No favorite species, I just love being out there. I also reload all of my own ammo. Right now I am feeding about 25 different rifles of various calibers so I am usually found in the man cave. I am located in central MN just north of Foley(for those fm MN).
Really looking forward to learning more and hopefully, meeting some of you.
Nic

Last edited:
Hello all...Another new guy checking in from AZ.

Been target shooting and hunting small game all my life...(About single-handedly eradicated the local groundsquirrel population with my 17HMR)
scared.gif

Started predator hunting over five years ago now, hundreds of stands, and many long and enjoyable hours out in mother nature...continually getting "educated" by the local wildlife.
blink.gif
Believe it or not, I have not yet managed to effectively drop one single yote in all that time (educated a few of my own unfortunately). My previous hunting buddy was always the quicker and better shot, (at it for way more years than me). Used to have an absolutely uncanny knack for being right where those critters would show up too! Many times I'd stop'em and he'd drop'em. He moved out of the area a while ago, and I've been running solo since.

Figured I'd stop in here and see what I can add to my educational toolkit...maybe even locate someone in my area who might enjoy teaming up once in a while.

Anyway, look forward to reading and contributing what little I can.
Loved the Voodoo article by the way, great piece of wisdom there.

Last edited:

Howdy Y'all I'm mike brown from vail AZ (just a little east of tucson). I've been a hunter & fisherman for as long as i can remember. Am 55 now. Am a sheet metal worker by day and an outdoorsman the rest of the time. After moving here from michigan in1991 i was a little dismayed because of the distances i had to go for fishing . However i soon realized that AZ has sooo much public land to explore that i will never run out of places to explore. I tried predator hunting about 12 years ago but it just didn't trip my trigger. I decided to do praire dogs this year and built a custom 204 on a savage model 10 action. So to keep me sharp with a rifle i decided to give predator hunting a go again and have been lovin it.
The wife doesn't do anything with me but doesn't hold me back either.
The kids are grown up and moved away.

Hi every one nice to meet ya.
My name is Aca Nash pronounced ASA I'm 54 and a native Idahoen I grew up in Kooskia ID. and now my wife of 33 years and I live in Lapwai near Lewiston Id. I haven't called predators sense the late 90's early 2000's to much steelhead fishing lol. A friend Is just getting in to calling and has a new foxpro so he wanted me to go along for some calling. So I'm trying to catch up on all the new stuff watching you tub and reading forums for what every one is doing reloading wise and these newfangled E callers. it's been great fun so far cant wait to get out there. I'm sure I'm going to have lots of newb sounding questions but that's the learning curve I guess.
Thanks for reading and hope to make some new friends here.

Patriot45, couesman, and Aca, welcome to Predator Masters. Pull up a comfy chair and start reading, there's a ton of good info here. If you have any specific issues or questions that cannot be resolved with a bit of research, just post it up and we'll help you sort it out.

Back