Massachusetts predator hunters

Anybody else having in luck in Zone 11? Haven't seen them come into the baits in over a week, probably too many wounded/dead deer on the ground after the last big push from the Orange Army last week?

Only thing on the cameras are Fisher's and the occasional Grey.

Last edited:
Fishers are definitely a pain. In Zones 1-4 it seems they find your bait in a couple days. Tried calling a couple spots out this way yesterday. Still muzzleloaders on the move and any place with snow is all tracked up by Saturday's deer hunter's grand finale.

Had some luck in 12 mid November don't usually head that far since I live in Springfield. Hoping for a cat this weekend back to where we called one in second week of the season. Also just wondering is someone on here hunting the chicopee river? I see a rig parked a lot early morning with a star on the front doors always wondered who it was and what they're going for cause I kno there's yotes here in chicopee.

You have coyotes in Springfield two,four legged and two...In 2007 the state bioligist told me that the coyote densities are greater in the urban areas due to dumpsters,rats,cats and small dogs,they are opertoonists... my cousin is an Ironworker and he said they would watch the coyotes eating from the dumpster in downtown Cambridge while he was framing off a building..

Last edited:
Yea they're everywhere, there's more coyote in mine and larueminatii's back yard then I've ever seen but it's not easy to legally hunt within the surrounding areas due to bi law and other restrictions as you probably kno already. Nothings ever easy in the east

Originally Posted By: mr. locksmithNothings ever easy in the east...

...or in Massachusetts.
scared.gif

Don't know if it is true or not, but someone told me that it's mating season for the Yotes right now and that's why they're not coming to the baits or calls.
Do you guys think that's why were not seeing them lately?
wub.gif

Last edited:
I voted a couple days ago when the anti vote was 5% higher. Don't know if it will help or not, but the more of us that vote for hunting the better.

Do you guys think that's why were not seeing them lately?

IMO it's the disruptions from deer hunters. From what I've seen this week there's still a good number of muzzleloaders out there. As they drop out things should get back to normal. I think late January to early March is the breeding season.

Mating season is January-February.I was out last night and 3/5 spots I had them howling back at me up wind from our set up.There was no way they had got down wind with where we were set up.I threw the kitchen sink and toilet with no takers.I used both volcals and distress sounds.

I personally see the hunting pressure keeping them shy from committing and there is plenty of gut piles,Wounded deer still available.

Once the deer season closes and we get some colder temps it should pick up.

I started calling at nights since opening night and this has been far my best season we were getting at least 1 a night and if no shots atleast seeing them respond to both vocals and distress.
Last Saturday night we did have a taker but he came into a field upwind then circled half the field and went into wood line so I can only assume he went to school on us.

Keep after them don't over hunt your spots it will happen.

Last edited:
What vocals have been working for you. I haven't had a response to a call yet. My buddy had a buck walk by his camera early evening last night and found it dead this morning. Nothing but hair and bones so they are def on the move and hammering deer already

Originally Posted By: donlynchlook up "CAPE COD TIMES" TO VOTE TO CONTINUE COYOTE HUNTING ON THE CAPE. RIGHT NOW IT'S 49%TO48% THIS IS QUITE IMPORTANT

I've been searching their website for the past half hour with no luck. Tried Googleing it also.
mad.gif

Can you post a link?

I have had good luck with Female sub howl,Lone howl,Coyote pair duet,Female yodel.

Female Sub howl was working early on in the season had a pair come into that set in 2 mins.I know they are close by on that set but didn't expect them to come that fast and came up wind the whole way in.

I know a lot of guys say they always come in Downwind I find in my areas that we hunt and have scouted hard and sit where we try and put obstacles and use the lay of the land fences etc that they will and often will run right across a field from up wind.I know we do get busted and prolly don't even see the few that get educated.Do you guys see a lot of Coyotes do the same.

Who has great luck on your local golf courses man We love them they hold so much game it's fun I brinng my Benelli instead of clubs...

Yeah, same here, that's why I asked for a link. Every page of the Cape Cod Times I search, only has this poll:

TAKE OUR POLL:
President Obama ordered the restoration of full diplomatic relations with Cuba - and the opening of an embassy in Havana for the first time in more than a half-century. Do you support these moves?
O Yes I do
O No I do not

Submit Vote VIEW RESULTS

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ac289fiaYeah, same here, that's why I asked for a link. Every page of the Cape Cod Times I search, only has this poll:

TAKE OUR POLL:
President Obama ordered the restoration of full diplomatic relations with Cuba - and the opening of an embassy in Havana for the first time in more than a half-century. Do you support these moves?
O Yes I do
O No I do not

Submit Vote VIEW RESULTS

It was a daily poll, I didn't see anything about the final results though. It was 49-48 them last I saw.

Back