Massachusetts predator hunters

Hello, I'm from Fairhaven and new to the forum. Shot this yearling female coming back from the bait pile yesterday am. I use my deer carcasses. I've had pretty good luck this way.

IMG_20141206_070647_227_zpscc47beef.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, I've taken them from my deer stand on the edge of a swamp, during both, archery and shotgun.
It's in Zone 11, down by the Cape. On the other side of New Bedford harbor, if that helps?

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTEGreat job,AC!!Where the heck is Fairhaven?
unsure.gif

Lol he is in a nice place down there.I was down there doing a little scouting have a friend of a friend saying he hears them all the time.Nice country but hard to get permission I hear

Yah now I remember,I raced a few times in the Miles Standish forest (Hare Scrambles,dirt bikes)but the libs got that shut down..
Way to wackem AC!

Originally Posted By: twhiteyLol he is in a nice place down there.I was down there doing a little scouting have a friend of a friend saying he hears them all the time.Nice country but hard to get permission I hear

I hear 'em (and see them) in my backyard, problem is that I can't hunt them here.
I have a friend who has a parcel of private/posted property about 5 minutes from the house that I hunt exclusively with him. Check out this litter of 7 I got this spring on one of my trail cams. I have a pic of a coyote dragging a newborn fawn also, just can't seem to find it right now.
frown.gif

498_zps64da46c2.jpg

499_zpsf1354728.jpg

500_zpsbf1d144d.jpg

501_zps72d93139.jpg

503_zpsa195fe5f.jpg

506_zps044a09d4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see your future up and comers....There has to be a good pile of fox down there with the habitat you guys have...Gd luck keep the pics coming.We will be heading down that way in a couple of weeks.We have two spots ready to go just waiting for shotgun to close.

Not seeing the Grey's like I used to in years past. I'll get one on the cameras occasionally. What I do get a lot of pics of, is Fishers.

I highly doubt it. A convicted felon possessing a firearm. Isn't that supposed to be a "mandatory" jail sentence in MA?

He supposedly had another gun in his vehicle.

He had an antique double barrel muzzleloader.
From MA HUNT/FISH:
1. During the "primitive firearms" (muzzleloader) part of the open deer season, muzzle-loading primitive firearms must be of a type similar to those in common use during the mid-1800s, and which meet the following criteria:
(h) contains only one usable barrel; in the case of primitive firearms with double barrels, one barrel shall be made inoperative by removal of the nipple and hammer) hence the two separate shots, one in the hand and one in the back/base of neck.

He shot at 5 pm, 15 minutes after legal hunting hours.

The "hunting" knife he was carrying, was a switchblade.

Last edited:

Originally Posted By: ac289fiaI highly doubt it. A convicted felon possessing a firearm. Isn't that supposed to be a "mandatory" jail sentence in MA?

From MA HUNT/FISH:
1. During the "primitive firearms" (muzzleloader) part of the open deer season, muzzle-loading primitive firearms must be of a type similar to those in common use during the mid-1800s, and which meet the following criteria:
(h) contains only one usable barrel; in the case of primitive firearms with double barrels, one barrel shall be made inoperative by removal of the nipple and hammer)

The knife he was carrying was a switchblade.

He won't see a Ma or any other hunting liscence..
He should see some jail time..
Just a clown all around.

Originally Posted By: twhiteyHe won't see a Ma or any other hunting liscence..
He should see some jail time..
Just a clown all around.

Don't forget, his is still "liberal" Massachusetts, who knows what the [beeep] will happen. Elizabeth Warren might claim this is the only way he can feed his family.
thumbdown.gif

Last edited:
This criminal has given the anti-hunters a golden propaganda victory,you can bet that this will be used against us good hunters.
You bet that Jon Way will play this up bigtime also(he is lucky he was not killed)!

Any of you remember his article about coyote hunters? Well it had about as much truth in it as an Obama speech has...

Here is his take on the extended season in 2007,by the way I dont hate coyotes,I think they are a worthy game animal,but they are an Invasive species to this area....something that is loat on people like this author..

http://www.easterncoyoteresearch.com/coyote-management-and-hate/

Last edited:
Baystate:
I'm a little confused by this part of the article:
Houle faces several charges, including unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful possession of a firearm and careless or negligent use of a weapon causing injury.

Maybe this guy is a felon and not allowed to own a real firearm? At the beginning of the article it mentions a muzzleloader, but also 2 shots.

Originally Posted By: duckstopperBaystate:
I'm a little confused by this part of the article:
Houle faces several charges, including unlawful possession of ammunition, unlawful possession of a firearm and careless or negligent use of a weapon causing injury.

Maybe this guy is a felon and not allowed to own a real firearm? At the beginning of the article it mentions a muzzleloader, but also 2 shots.

Originally Posted By: ac289fiaI highly doubt it. A convicted felon possessing a firearm. Isn't that supposed to be a "mandatory" jail sentence in MA?

From MA HUNT/FISH:
(h) contains only one usable barrel; in the case of primitive firearms with double barrels, one barrel shall be made inoperative by removal of the nipple and hammer) hence the two separate shots, one in the hand and one in the back/base of neck.

The "hunting" knife he was carrying, was a switchblade.

Last edited:
Remember, we're in Massachusetts. LOL
I think the Bartley-Fox Law gives you a mandatory year in jail for having a gun without having an FID or LTC. Now, have you ever heard of anyone going to jail for this crime? Every week when I read the Springfield Republican paper I see where someone from Springfield or Holyoke is picked up with a handgun, but no LTC. I can't recall reading about any of these people actually going to jail for that specific crime.

Carrying a switchblade could cause you a problem.

Back