KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Glad you are okay Skypup....that was a close call.

I haven't been charged but I've had several wounded growl and try to get up as I approached them to finish them off.

I did have one get out of my T70 FOV as I busted up a large sounder of about 15 hogs one night. After 13 rounds out of a 15 round mag I stopped and heard a hog growling 10 yards behind me in the dark. I turned around and got him in the thermal and he was really close. The 0.5x resolution of the T70 was the only reason I was able to pick him up . I hit him with the first shot and he took off and I missed the second shot but I was just glad he was gone as I now had an empty magazine.

After that I decided I needed some way to light things up quickly since you are basically blind outside of your scope FOV. I put together a backup weapon with a laser and light so I would have that option if one gets up close and personal again.

This is an M&P .45 set up,with a 22 lb. Wolf spring for Buffalo Bore hard cast +P ammo.

It has a laser grip and Streamlight TLR-1 HL 600 lumen light.

e94J12X.png

Pup,you have a spare room? I am coming down to hunt with you!!LOL!!
You sound like your having to much fun!!Great job on them oynkers!

Gman nice set up!!

Last edited:
200 yard song dog in the rain again, does not get much better than that with a thermal.[:D]

T70%20Dog.jpg

Hot%20Dog.JPG

Except then a sow shows up and the T-70 wastes her with an earshot in the rain too![:p]

T70%20Hog.jpg

Can you tell me where you got the insulation wrap for your can? I know I read this somewhere but don't remember what post I saw it in. Last time I went out with the thermal my scope started to white out after 10 shots or so due to the heat. Shot 4 but only found 3. Couldn't shoot after that. Once it cooled it was fine but the little piggies had gone. Again, no suppressor yet,but planning on fixing this problem when my can comes.

Originally Posted By: Bone breaker 73Can you tell me where you got the insulation wrap for your can? I know I read this somewhere but don't remember what post I saw it in. Last time I went out with the thermal my scope started to white out after 10 shots or so due to the heat. Shot 4 but only found 3. Couldn't shoot after that. Once it cooled it was fine but the little piggies had gone. Again, no suppressor yet,but planning on fixing this problem when my can comes.

These are without a doubt the best that I know of and I have four of them:

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/suppressor-covers/ftw-suppressor-cover.html

FLIR M-18 640 core, Wilcox dovetail adapter, Nortoros INVG mount, Team Wendy X-Fil helmet mounted high res thermal monocular scanner.

M24%20Helmet%20Front.jpg

Ridiculously stoopid shamful selfie while freezing my arse off last night out hogging again, will post some fraternal hog killer pics of the hunt with mucho NV/Thermal gear getting used to the max....

M24%20Selfie.jpg

Three manics with guns, FLIR RS64-60mm 6.8SPC, FLIR RS64-35mm 6.8SPC, and FLIR T-50 7.62/51mm:

2%20Hogs.jpg

12%2013%202014%20018.JPG

12%2013%202014%20019.JPG

ZOMBIE HOGS MUST DIE!

That was 18 hogs total eradicated including the feti...and we were just getting started! Thermal rules the night again..

Then, to top it all off, one of the gang was walking in the dark to a tree stand in a dense live oak understory and spotted this boar hog off to the side with the helmet mounted FLIR M-24 and shot it at 150 yards when it crossed the trail using the FLIR RS64-60mm ThermoScope and left it there and climbed up into the 15 foot tree stand.

Fifteen minutes later he hears some barking and thinks some hunting dogs are nearby, but then all [beeep] breaks loose 150 yards from him with yelping, barking, and howling. Looks over through the thermal and a pack of coyotes are attacking his recently deceased hog and trying to drag the carcass off deeper into the woods. Got down out of tree stand and went to go rescue the hog as the dogs were going wild in the dark. Saw the dogs in the thermal but too dense to shoot. It was all over in about three minutes when he got there and they took off, however this is the damage the coyote pack did to the hog in less than 3 minutes......

Zombie%20Hog.JPG

Another two minutes and they would have ripped the boar hogs head off!

Missed a dog tonight at 250 yards, he took of like a scalded cat though so might have punctured his lungs, they were howling and barking up a storm right behind the barn, will put the hurt on them this weekend....

Here is the REAL BEAUTY of thermal.

Drenching hot for Christmas, 100% Humid, 75*F, raining 2.5 inches all day long and still raining, thick pea soup fog cannot even see using the Red LED Blaster more than 75 feet.

Hunted for two hours out by myself and saw loads of deer and called it a night.

On the way back home going 10 mph creeping through the intense fog and rain, the FLIR M-324 thermal picks up a sounder deep in the brush as I am rounding a corner. Turn off the engine and Red LED and snake out the HK556 with FLIR T-70 over the half windshield and put a 77 grain SMK in this boar hogs ear @ 100 yards, DRT as usual....

No way would any kind of NV been useful in these conditions, thermal worked like a charm!

HK%20Hog.jpg

Hot%20HK%20HogB.jpg

Hot%20HK%20Hog.JPG

Seek Thermal Specs:

Detect Human -> 1,000 feet

Recognize Human-> 250 feet

ID Human-> 150 feet

206 x 156 Array
32,136 Thermal Pixels
12 µ Pixel Pitch
Vanadium Oxide Micro Bolometer
Chalcogenide Lens
36º Field of View
Magnesium Housing
Long Wave Infrared 7.2 – 13 Microns
-40C to 330C Detection

Got the Seek Thermal camera today and just trying it out, so far I am impressed with it.

It rained 4.5 inches here last night and still drizzling and kinda foggy but I can still see the trees across my gator pond 250 yards away in white and black hot. It works real good in both of those modes, but has about 8 more color pallets, some of which I had not seen before and are very cool looking. Plus you can configure each to display specific temperatures, gradients, etc. very nice software package for this instrument.

It is 100% pure thermal and does not have the visible light integrate camera with the FLIR MMX technology of the FLIRONE, but for a pure thermal camera that cost me $179, it is outstanding and a super good buy.

It comes with a nice heavy duty protective carrying storage case. I did get the extension cable too and that works like a charm.

The really good news for me is that it also works with my I-Pad too with the cable and all, very very nice. Glad that I can use it with either the I-Phone or the I-Pad.

Too bad this did not come out earlier for the I-Phone as it would make a nice gift for the grandkids...[:)]

Package.jpg

Phone%20Extension.jpg

Here are some stoopid selfies until the weather changes and I can try this out in the woods. So far, preliminary testing appears to be to detect a hog out at least 250 yards.

Black.JPG

Iron.JPG

Rainbow.JPG

Another 130 pounds of some of the finest sausage this side of the Mississippi procured with HK MR556/FLIR T-70 with one shot @ 175 yards with some thermal pics from the FLIRONE and the Seek Thermal cameras.[:)]

HK%20Hog%202.jpg

FlirOne%20HK%20Hog2%20Rainbow.jpg

Seek Thermal Black Hot:

Seek%20Hog%20HK%20Hog2%20Black%20Hot.jpg

Seek Thermal White Hot:

Seek%20Hog%20HK%20Hog2%20White%20Hot.jpg

Seek Thermal dead hog on ground, 75*F, rainy mist, pea soup fog, 75 yards, White Hot:

Seek%20Hog%20White%20Hot%2075%20Yards.jpg

Seek Thermal dead hog on ground, 75*F, rainy mist, pea soup fog, 75 yards, Black Hot:

Seek%20Hog%20Black%20Hot%2075%20Yards.jpg

As usual, real thermal images are better than compressed web views.

Back