KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Trapped eight nice hogs this morning and took them to the University Meat Laboratory to have them processed professionally into sausage and examined for brucellosis. Huge hydraulic stainless steel table, electric winch on steel I-beam, giant walk in freezers, and professors training their agricultural students on meat quality! Sausage will be delivered next week.

Hog%20Trailer%20University.jpg

Got home beat and took a nap, then put some fresh batteries in the FLIR T-75 Long Range thermal weapon scope and headed out in the backyard in the teaming rain, five minutes later took down a nice 300 pound sow after spotting her with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal cockpit cam. She took a handloaded 7.62mm Barnes 130 grain TSX to the head @ 125 yards, DRT.

Hot%20Sow.JPG

T75%20Sow.jpg

Hondini%20Sow.jpg

Couple of FLIR T-75 StandAlone Mode through the tube photos showing their internal digital 7.62mm NATO BDC reticule in my backyard in the rain of some vultures feeding on hog carrion, the unit also has an internal digital 5.56mm NATO BDC you can easily switch to also.

It functions as a StandAlone very good, but works even better up to 8X with a day optic....

T75%201X%20Standalone.jpg

T75%202X%20Standalone.jpg

T75%204X%20Standalone.jpg

T-70 Eyeball shot @ 175 yards on nice boar hog tonight after spying him with the cockpit M-324.

T-70 is a nice kit!

M324%20Hog.jpg

T70%20Headshot.jpg

Flirone%20Eyeball%20Shot.jpg

Going to feed allot of folks this weekend!

SkyPup,

I LOVED that post... The coyote with the fawn in his mouth made me spittin' mad and then the donkey with the coyote in his mouth made me relax and smile... LOL

Good one...
wink.gif

$bob$

Was hanging out on a long powerline grade out behind the house tonight when I hear some god awful boar fight going on, it went on strong for about five minutes screaming bloody murder.

About three minutes later two large boars and a sow come charging out of the wood full speed in front of me, the two big boars made it into the brush before I could get my rifle targeted but nailed this sow in the ear at 75 yards on full run right before she disappeared in the thick brush, one shot DRT.

FLIR puts the hurt on them once again.

Sow%20Ear%20Hole.jpg

FlirOne%20Sow%20UTV.jpg

Another ear shot on a 350 pound boar at 75+ yards at night with the suppressed SIG 556 and FLIR T-70 in my backyard right behind the house.

Once I get the video organized, it will become evident why the FLIR 60 and T-70 0.5X magnification is so wonderful for night hogging.

I saw this boar from 200 yards away while walking with my FLIR LS-64 and could not tell if it was a hog or a deer as I also saw four bedded down deer within a hundred yards of this boar hog. I did not have my rifle with me and had to go back to the house to get it and come back out and relocate the boar hog, who had moved quite a bit from where I had first spied him with the LS-64.

Due to the large live oak trees and the underbrush, I was happy for the Red InstaAlert on the LS-64 and was able to relocate a red hot thermal signature in deep brush behind a large live oak. Began stalking him but he was on the move scarfing up the fresh crop of acorn mast that had fallen down in the last two weeks.

Turned on the T-70 and was able to pick him up with the 0.5X magnification, however when I laid down on the ground to target him I could not see him anymore and just got a couple of short traces of this back sticking up out of the brush. Had to move and relocate three times, all the time shifting back and forth from the LS-64 to the T-70 as I attempted to get into range so that I could see him.

Finally, decided I would have to take a standing off hand shot because after three tries laying down, that was the only way I could target him.

Put a suppressed Barnes 70 grain hand-loaded TSX into his ear and down he goes.

I never would have located and found this hog again using higher magnification as I needed WFOV to find him and target him in the very difficult to see conditions.

Just another good reason why I highly recommend 0.5X for hunting on foot when you are on the ground with these destructive beasts!

Will work on the vid this week which should illuminate the excellent enhancement the 0.5X provides in very difficult situations.....

Hog%20Earshot.jpg

Hog%20In%20Grapple2.jpg

FlirOne%20Hog.jpg

FlirOne%20Head.jpg

The LS64 has a 18°×14° Field of View and the RS32x35 has a 9° Field of view... Do you think the RS32x35 will work close to as well?

I really want a thermal viewer that can work for scanning and a rifle site as well to optimize my spending.

I'm still looking for a good deal on a new or used RS32x35mm and hoping someone will come up with a used one or a good price on a new one.

The RS32-35 has the same range and distance for detect as the LS64 does with less ID capability and 1/2 the FOV.

At night, max FOV is your friend and pays handsomely.

I got to use a super nice FLIR M24 RECON 640x512 core helmet mounted thermal scanner this weekend for the first time and really like it allot.

http://tnvc.com/shop/flir-recon-m24-640x480/

It functions similar to my UTV mounted FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt mobile thermal scanning video camera except that when mounted on my head it detects everywhere where I look, thereby increasing the coverage area more specifically.

Left%20Front%20Honda.jpg

A Wilcox M24 head mount adapter was used to attach it to the Team Wendy helmet and that setup is super sweet for mobile night hunting.

http://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-flir-m24-recon-helmet-mount-adapter/

I think this sweet instrument setup maybe on my next Christmas shopping list!
icon_smile_big.gif

It helped to take down this 450 pound boar I've been after for the last two months, and there are another half dozen like this I am tracking.....

FLIR%20M24%20T70.jpg

Originally Posted By: BAYSTATE YOTE[beeep]!! SkyPup,you have all the cool toys!!Do you need a son to adopt?

LOL, we do have some fun!
tt1.gif

Here is another good reason why I personally like the FLIR T-70, I was attacked and knocked down by this hog because I had the magnification on 1X instead of 0.5X.

I was out on the powerline grade out back tonight and watching many buck deer chasing does 400-600 yards out on the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt in the UTV, but saw some more thermal signatures behind them about 800 yards down the line. Got out and started hiking towards them.

The deer all took off when I got within 200 yards of them but I could still see what appeared to be hog thermal signatures another quarter mile down the way.

Got up to them at 250 yards out and took a bead on the biggest one with the T-70 leaning up against a telephone pole for support.

First 225 pound sow drops dead in her tracks with an earshot and about a dozen other hogs all scatter and try to get away.

One hog breaks out of the sounder and starts running my way, had the T-70 on 1X and started shooting at the running hog coming right at me, shot 6 times and missed every shot except the last one hits the hog at 50 feet from me, it rolls, gets up and continues coming right at me. Next thing I know I am on the ground as the hog ran into my left leg as I was trying to get out of the way.

Flipped the T-70 to 0.5X laying on the ground and shot the hog through the chest @ 50 feet behind me.

Pretty exciting to say the least, but since I had the thermal on 1X for the first shot @ 250 yards, I was unable to nail the charging hog in the 1X FOV, as soon as I switched to 0.5X the hog died. In a situation like this, I wish that I could have switched to 0.5X in time to prevent getting knocked down as I was alone at night in the woods a couple of miles out back of the house....

The first 250 yard ear shot dropped the sow in her tracks:
Hog%20Attack%20Sow.jpg

This is the dude that knocked me over:

Hog%20Attack%20Shoat.jpg

Between the two of them, another good sausage haul....

Hog%20Attack.jpg

Wow Skypup, talk about an adrenaline rush. I assume / hope you were not hurt, other than a little pride maybe.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Wow Skypup, talk about an adrenaline rush. I assume / hope you were not , other than a little pride maybe.

That was quite the rush to say the least, especially when I found myself on the ground with the hog in the dark!
scared.gif

He hit my left leg and knocked me down but kept on going even though he was wounded and then I shot him close up while on the ground. No damage was done to me but it was a close call for sure. I don't think he was targeting me, I think it was an accident that he ran my way and managed to run into me in the dark.

When I got home, all the dogs were all over my blue jeans sniffing out the hog smells.....
crazy.gif

Back