Ruger American Rifle Ranch

Nice and light. Almost looks like the savage hog hunter.
Just noticed that it has a 16" barrel,gotta be loud.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DANNY-LNice and light. Almost looks like the savage hog hunter.
Just noticed that it has a 16" barrel,gotta be loud. threaded barrel, put a linear comp on it. they work pretty well, and it would still be under 20in.

Love the 1-8 twist.

16" is a bit too short for my tastes, but still a cool little rifle nonetheless. For a truck gun, I could see it......

Originally Posted By: CARTER LAKE-SHARKOriginally Posted By: DANNY-LNice and light. Almost looks like the savage hog hunter.
Just noticed that it has a 16" barrel,gotta be loud. threaded barrel, put a linear comp on it. they work pretty well, and it would still be under 20in.

Exactly,don't know when but will have one.

May have one coming available to me next week. Has anyone found any actual results yet with this rifle. If I get mine I'll post mine.

Danny, it is ultimately the same rifle as the Predator only with a 16" instead of the 22" barrel, and the Predator is getting good reviews from those who own them. I've never shot the 300, but I own 3 rifles with 16" barrels in .223 and they aren't that loud. Putting a linear compensator on it would result in a bit of sound reduction.

I need to check out their offerings more often, this looks like a great handy rifle. It'd be nice if they chambered it in 6.5 Grendel.

I might have to consider one of these in 223.. hows the trigger on these?

My guess is the 16" barrel and detachable mag. These 2 combined makes a nice truck gun,for the ranch of course.

I guess I'd expect to have open sights on a "Ranch Rifle" also. And I suppose I'd rather have it called "Ranch" than "Tactical Lite" or "Zombie Edition".

My question is why couldn't they put that tan stock on the Predator line?

They would be handy little truck guns. Stay out of the way but close by and manuverable when you happen to see that coyote on your way out to check cows. That is what I would consider a ranch rifle.

I think they went with a shorter barrel for the guys wanting to run suppressors. The predator at 22" is long when you stick a can on it. If I had not done a rem 700 300blk. I would be picking one up in 300 blk. I love my predator in 308 with the 18" barrel.

Back