Wolf Down with my LONGBOW!

I used to hunt with a traditional bow. I cant imagine taking that animal with a trad bow, i would bave been a nervous wreck.
Its definately a rush with simple equipment.
What did she weigh? She has a beautiful coat!

Originally Posted By: jcs271

It's simply amazing how much larger a wolf is compared to a coyote. What an amazing story and even more amazing trophy!

"Nominated for Hunter of the Month"? Ha!

JCS271 is the the winner! (Well, at least he gets my vote!)

Great job. A wolf and a predator kill with a bow are both on my bucket list!

WOW!!!! You sir are definitely a Predator Master!!! What an accomplishment of tremendous difficulty! I can't even imagine. Congratulations to you on perhaps one of the most well deserved wolves for any hunter of all time in the lower 48! And thank you for sharing your story with all of us. My vote for hunt of the year for sure!

My bald head is a shinning cause my hat is off to you sir. That has to be the ultimate right there. Truly AWESOME accomplishment!

Kudos! You got my vote. With two wolves in my lap I probably would have soiled myself, but you kept your composure and got the job done! Now go get that bear!

Jay, as a Libby, MT native I salute this incredible accomplishment. The first wolf I saw growing up was at my family's Double-N Lake. I was grouse hunting and saw this black form cruising through the woods. It stopped on the same skid trail I was on and looked right at me. Coal black.
Incredible. It's a different story today with so many more wolves in that area.

To take a wolf with a traditional bow, using only a mouth call, is beyond incredible. I've been a passionate bowhunter since 1976 and after reading your account I feel like I just started last week. You've set the bar incredibly high with tact, professionalism, and incredible passion.

Thanks for sharing this story and the photos. You made my day and really inspired me.

David Neils

Congrats man! Not only is finding wolves a challenge,getting one in arrow range is a whole other ball game!
Good write up,HOM winner for sure!
OW

thumbup.gif
That's an amazing feat.

Back