KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

I first mounted the T-75 on my 556 in front of my Truijicon TA02 LED 4x-32mm, it was real difficult to do.

First I unclipped the LaRue mount on the T-70, clipped on the T-75 LaRue mount, and turned on the T-75 and fired a bullseye @ 100 yards ten seconds later!

T75%20Sig%20Side.jpg

T75%20Side.jpg

T75%20Front.jpg

I loaded up 50 tracers to try out filming the trajectory of the bullet flight using the T-75:

Bag%20O%20Tracers.jpg

These are the military red top tracers bullets:

Three%20Tracers.jpg

Tried it out tonight, it is incredible to say the least, very long range thermal instrument.

I filmed a thermal view of a large hog on a powerline grade out back of the house @ 500 yards, tried to stalk him but he disappeared into the brush before I could get setup to get a shot as I did not have my tripod or shooting stick with me tonite. Will work on the video later on...

Did I say this thing KICKS SOME SERIOUS ARSE in the dark?

Using the 4X ACOG TA02LED-32mm, it has a little bit less than 1/2 the FOV of my T-70, which is disturbing when first observing this, but I am getting used to it.

Obviously this beast is designed for accurate long range shooting and anything under 200 yards will be difficult to zero-in on when first trying to pick it up after seeing it with my LS-64 first.

I will try it in front of my ELCANs soon, that should work even better as I can quickly switch from 1.5X to 6X in an instant for a much larger FOV.

Here is a nice FLIRONE pic of the UTV, you can see the FLIR M-324XP shows up as hot, this is due to the electro-servo motors keeping the unit aligned. There are different motor torque setting to prevent deviation or movement of the thermal while crossing rough terrain, I keep the torque settings on low to conserve battery power when I am hanging out observing for long periods of time....

Hondini2.JPG

The T-75 mounted on my 556s in front of the 4X-32mm ACOG TA02 really left allot to be desired in the way of FOV as it was less than half that of my T-70s/ACOGs FOV. For my 556mms, the T-70/ACOG is still my preferred thermal weapon scope setup, it is perfect, powerful, lightweight, quick action, easy to use, and deadly.

This powerful long range FLIR T-75 is way better off on my 7.62mms than my 5.56mms, you cannot even take advantage of a long range thermal scope with the 5.56mm caliber as it's lethal kill zone stops about where the T-75 really comes into its own, ie out past 250 yards.

It looks nice mounted on the 7.62mms and works extremely well with my ELCAN 1.5-6X-42mm scopes with the 7.62mm NATO BDC reticules, in fact it works so nice for me that I would not want any other scope for my hunting purposes.

Basically, the Elcan flips from 1.5X to 6X and back instantly and easily, while the T-75 Thermal comes on in 1X unity mode and also has 2X and 4X digital magnification.

This great feature of the Elcan allows me to use the 1.5X for a WFOV about the same as my T-70/ACOG, which is highly appreciated for my kind of swamp hunting. Also, turning on the T-75 internal digital magnification allows me to view through the ocular at either 1.5X (unity), 3.0X (2X digital), or 6X (2X digital).

And for long range, which this thing is specifically designed for, at 6X with the Elcan the FOV is less, but I am reaching much further out in complete clarity. Doubling the T-75 digital magnification to 2X gives me through the ocular 12 power and 4X digital gives me 24X power. That is just incredible and targeting a coyote at 1/4 or a hog at 600 yards just got simple.

T-75%20SIG%20716%20Full%20Side.jpg

T-75%20SIG%20716%20Right%20Side.jpg

T-75%20SIG%20716%20Side.jpg

T75%20Front%20SIG%20716.jpg

The other dynomite feature of the FLIR T-75 Long Range Thermal Weapon Sight is that it is the top of the line of it's kissing cousins, the FLIR M-18 RECON, and the FLIR T-70 Short Ranger Thermal Weapon Sight and each of these incredible instruments works exactly the same, switching over from one to the other is a total no brainer as they are all basically the same platform. Since I have all of these kits, it is super simple to use anyone of them....

Okay, here are a couple of representative thermal pics from the FLIR T-75 taken as small snapshots out of the thermal video stream from the unit at night.

Conditions were terrible, worst possible thermal conditions for any kind of emissivity, ambient temperature 84*F, 100% humindity in thick air after a thunderstorm.

Remember, these low res pics are coming out of the FLIR t-75 thermal camera at either 1X, 2X digital, or 4X digital.

I am looking at these same scenes at either 6X, 12X, or 24X through the ocular of the Elcan scope, so basically everything is 6X larger and enhanced from what you view in these pics.

Coon @ 175 yards, I am seeing him 6X this:

T75%20Coon%201X%20175%20Yards.jpg

Coon @ 175 yards, I am seeing him at 12X this and he fills the entire ocular view like I am sitting right on top of him:

T75%20Coon%202X%20175%20Yards.jpg

Coon @ 175 yards, I am seeing him at 24X and he is larger than the ocular view, crosshairs on his eyeball:

T75%20Coon%204X%20175%20yards.jpg

Now this was pretty interesting and simply amazing, I was out on a powerline clear cut that is two miles long and previously mowed with my bush hog.

Each telephone pole is 120 yards apart from the other.

I am sitting in the UTV watching the FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt thermal camera on the LCD TV when I pick up some thermal signature out almost a half mile down the line,

Turn on the T-75 and at 1X unity with the Elcan behind it, I can clearly see a boar hog at 550 yards without a problem!

Boar Hog @ 550 yards, remember I am view this at 6X what you see here:

T75%20Hog%201X%20500+%20yards.jpg

Now I turn on the T-75 to 2X digital magnification and instantly I am on top of the boar at 12X ocular and could easily take a precise shot on him:

T75%20Hog%202X%20500+%20Yards.jpg

Flip the FLIR T-75 to 4X internal digital and suddenly I am seeing him at 24X though the ocular and he covers the entire view as if I am sitting on top of him:

T75%20Hog%204X%20500+%20Yards.jpg

I did not have my tripod with me and the grass was too tall for a bipod, so I started walking towards him to try to close down the distance some for a good shot.

It was a LOONNGG walk, five minutes later I am laying down trying to get a bead on him when he walks into the brush and disappears.

This was his photo on the game cam that I picked up a couple of weeks ago and have been stalking him since then:

7-14-14%20184B.jpg

The FLIR T-75 is one bleep of a powerful bleep bleeping awesome Long Range Thermal Rifle Scope!

Skypup,

So... I guess for us Florida hunters the T-70 is the clip on thermal of choice... That T-75 is waaaaay cool but not practical for us where seeing anything other than the sky at 250+ yds is somewhat rare... LOL

$bob$

I was out on the powerline grade out back tonight hanging out in the middle of a huge thunderstorm after dark with lightning and heavy rain in massive quantities...water gauge had 4 inches when I pulled back up to the log cabin.

Spotted a sounder group while sitting in the UTV watching the FLIR M-324 about 3/4 mile down the road rooting.

Turned on the engine and the Larson Electronics Red Led blaster headlamp and slowly made it down to the third telephone pole from the hogs, poles are 120 yards apart, so about 325-350 yards.

It was about 85*, 110% humidity, teaming rain and when I turned on the T-75 it looked like I was sitting right on top of them!

First 7.62mm 130 grain Barnes TSX shot killed this sow and then I hit two more, it was raining so hard that I only had time to pick up the sow and bring her back with me, will go out and get the other two tomorrow morning.

Both thermals worked excellent in the rain, not a problem as the hogs all stood out like a sore thumb. Also turned on the miniDVR to video tape the hogs going down so will work on that later....

T75%20SIG%20Sow.jpg

Hondini%20T75%20Sow.jpg

T75%20SOW%20FLIRONE.jpg

Maybe off topic a bit, but SkyPup what brass are you using for your 7.62 loads? I assume you are using the 7.62x39. Recommendations?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Maybe off topic a bit, but SkyPup what brass are you using for your 7.62 loads? I assume you are using the 7.62x39. Recommendations?

That is 7.62X51mm NATO Federal brass, it is a .308...

Best brass for reloading is Lapua, lasts the longest for me....

Originally Posted By: LDhunterSkypup,

So... I guess for us Florida hunters the T-70 is the clip on thermal of choice... That T-75 is waaaaay cool but not practical for us where seeing anything other than the sky at 250+ yds is somewhat rare... LOL

$bob$

The T-70 works plenty good out to 300 yards and most excellent at

Here are a couple of representative low res snap shots from the FLIR T-75 thermal from 300+ yards out, I am seeing this at 6X through the ocular:

300%20yard%20T75%201X.png

300%20yard%20T75%202X.png

300%20Yard%20T75%204X.png

Here is the video from the three hog shoot out, unfortunately the video connection died the second I pulled the trigger, but you can see the FLIR T-75 thermal response at 300 plus yards up until then at 1X, 2X, and 4X in the pouring down rain at 84*F, remember, I am seeing what you see in the video at 6X through the Elcan ocular:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T75/T75%20Sow/T75%20Sow.mp4

12MB MP4 file so will play on Mac, IPad, or PC...

I really wish it was not August with 100% humidity and 85+F temps at night so I could get some excellent video our of this powerful FLIR T-75 thermal long range scope.

I shot two hogs on the powerline with the SIG 716 7.62mm @ 250 yards and175 yards the night before last about 11PM.

In this video the long range one is already Lights Out while the closer one I shoot here is digging and rooting out a 3'X5' hole oblivious to me about to pull the trigger on him in the dark drizzling humid hot rainy night.

It is an MP4 video about 54MB so will work on Mac, IPad, or PC, I am seeing whatever you see in the video @ 6X though an Elcan scope:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Visi...0Hog%20Kill.mp4

Enjoy!

We had a severe thunderstorm last night from 5-8:30PM that dumped two inches of rain with lots and lots of lightning and thunder right on top of us.

Went out in the UTV to sit on the power line road about 9PM as it was still raining moderately and everything was muddied out on the road out there.

Was sitting in the rain reading a book story on my I Phone with the FLIR M-324 pointed down the power line giving me a good view in the rain of a couple of hundred yards in the mono-thermal environment. Mosquitoes were extremely thick and without the ThermaCell on there is no way I could have just parked there.

Still some occasional lightning here and there and moderate to drizzling rain the entire time with gusts of wind get me wet at times. Just sate quietly reading with the FLIR covering the open area on the power line.

About 10PM I look up at the HD LCD monitor and could see what appeared to be a loaner boar hog down rooting in the open about 250 yards down the line.

Turned on the FLIR T-75 Long Range Thermal scope and sure enough, it was a big boar! Turned on the video and got everything going while sitting in the drivers seat with the SIG 716 7.62mm pointed out over the steering wheel.

Took one suppressed shot and WHACK, you could hear the 7.62mm 130 grain 3,000fps slug hit him like a ton of bricks, he collapsed and did a 180* turn to head for the woods but apparently was suffering from severe spinal CNS problems as he could not stand and only crawl. Shot again and missed while he was low to the ground crawling, shot again and hit him WHACK, he was not going anywhere.

Drove down to him and got out and was surprised to see how large this loner boar hog was, intact with nutz, he was a real fighter and had two noticeable wounds on his body, his shield was over an inch thick from all the fights he had been in.

Was able to get him home and dressed out over 225 pounds of meat!

Thermal video turned out real good too for being shot in pouring down rain, will work on that this weekend....the FLIR T-75 is a superb Long Rang Thermal Night Scope!

Hondini%20Boar.jpg

Boar%20Side.jpg

Boar%20Head.jpg

Boar%20Head2.jpg

FLIRONE.jpg

We tried it again tonight but got in a super heavy thunderstorm with 4 inches of rain, soaked with no hogs but thank goodness for 4WD with locking differential as we would still be out there now without it!!! Super super swampy...

Here are a couple of FLIR T-75 video out takes of that big boar at 200 yards at 1X, 2X and 4X, I am seeing same thing as these pics but magnified 6X though the Elcan Specter DR, making the boar fill the entire viewing ocular!!!

Remember, this is in the POURING RAIN......

1X Black Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog1X.jpg

1X Rainbow White Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog1X%20Rain.jpg

2X Black Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog2X.jpg

4X Black Hot:

T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog4X.jpg

Still working on the video of the hog kill.

Here is the video of the 400 pound boar hog getting wacked at 200 yards by a couple of handloaded Barnes 130 grain TSX slugs @ 3,000 fps in the pouring down rain....

Format is MP4 so both PC and Mac and IPad can view it, 32MB download in high res:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T75/T75%20Boar%20Hog/T75%20Big%20Boar%20Hog2.mp4

I also put it up on YouTube in lower res:

Let me know what you think, it was shot in the middle of a thunderstorm downpour.

The FLIR T-75 is the cats meow for a long range high power thermal clip on or standalone thermal weapon scope, it is unfortunate that virtually everytime I have hunted with it, it has been in the rain, but we had 17 inches of rain here during the month of August![:O]

I will work on doing a stand alone review of this instrument as it deserves it own thread for future reference....

Back