KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Another nice boar tonight!

Hondini%20Hog.jpg

Put some 3M RealTree MAX5 HD camo wrap on the UTV, I am going to leave the front end red for safety reasons in case someone is coming my way on the forest roads, besides hogs and coyotes cannot see red anyways, it is all grey to them...

Right%20Side%20Camo.jpg

Great posts...you might want to consider mounting the flir remote ptz upside down so you can view down ditches slopes and hills..dont rely on any type of magnet mount unless you have a backup screw i learned the hard way..

Sweet ride...

Originally Posted By: SkyPupPut some 3M RealTree MAX5 HD camo wrap on the UTV, I am going to leave the front end red for safety reasons in case someone is coming my way on the forest roads,

I would finish up the camo on the front and use the headlights when needed for safety concerns.

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliGreat posts...you might want to consider mounting the flir remote ptz upside down so you can view down ditches slopes and hills..dont rely on any type of magnet mount unless you have a backup screw i learned the hard way..

Sweet ride...

Mr. B, I may just install the M-series upside down for max height and view as well as protection from branches, will find out soon..

Greg, I tried putting the camo wrap on the front and it is vastly more difficult to apply properly, the sides were a piece of cake with the heat gun and vinyl applicator for the 3M camo.

I kind of like the red on the front myself, I tried to get a green or camo Honda Pioneer to begin with but there were unobtainable and had to take what was available.

No animal in the woods can see any red, it is all gray to them so not a problem.

The FLIR M-Series is on the Brown UPS Truck out for delivery today, the 850nm IR spotlight should be here tomorrow, so hopefully this weekend I will be welding on the new custom mounts to the rollcage and installing the electronic to another 2nd battery with a battery isolater so I do not have to mess with the complicated Honda wiring harness....

Originally Posted By: SkyPup
The FLIR M-Series is on the Brown UPS Truck out for delivery today, the 850nm IR spotlight should be here tomorrow, so hopefully this weekend I will be welding on the new custom mounts to the rollcage and installing the electronic to another 2nd battery with a battery isolater so I do not have to mess with the complicated Honda wiring harness....

Good plan. When I rewired my electric cart I installed a marine deep cycle battery with a built in battery charger for all of the 12 volt requirements. It also allows me a backup method to load my cart on the trailer with the winch if I run down my main batteries. (Never have so far)

I assume you will try running with IR lights and a helmet mounted PVS 14. I mounted a small weaver rail overhead snd just use an EagleTac emitter as an IR headlight. If anything it puts out too much light in tight foliage and you will have to dial the gain way down on your PVS14 to counter IR feedback.

I have found through trying various night running configurations that my red KC lights work the best. I have them pointed down and scan with the PS 32. If I see something I hit the light switch and stop to investigate. I have run up on sounders of hogs and packs of coyotes using red running lights because the electric cart is so quiet.

You might try installing a set of red lights for night running.

sILnLfp.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the kick [beeep] FLIR M-Series remote control M-324XP thermal camera with the remoter controller and LCD screen, everything is 100% waterproof, shockproof, and dust proof to mil-spec standards......

FLIR%20M%20Series%20Setup.jpg

Going to fire up the plasma cutter and cut out a 3/8 inch round plate to mount it on and weld it to a roll bar clamp ASAP:

Welder%20Plasma%20Torch.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupBrown truck delivered totally pure FLIR Awesome Goodness today!
smile.gif

FLIR%20M%20Series.jpg

FLIR%20M%20SeriesB.jpg

Boy these people are good to deal with.
thumbup1.gif

i don't wanna sound like a goof ball, but how does that contraption work?

It is a FLIR thermal video camera that sees every living breathing thing in the dark out a mile or so, recently expired hogs and coyotes too....
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnA mile out? That should make for some easy pickins. Wonder how it works on small tracts around farms and houses detecting animals?

Excellent, no armadillos will get away.

Cut out a steel welding mount plate with plasma torch to weld onto roll bar clamp and fabbed a cedar wood mount to secure to base.

M324%20BasePlate.jpg

Base%20Plate%20Mount.jpg

Finished welding up the heavy duty steel roll bar mount and am painting it, will work on electronics installation next....

Mount.jpg

FLIT%20Mount%201.jpg

FLIR%20Mount2.jpg

M-Series

Premium Multi-Sensor Maritime Thermal Night Vision System

The M-Series pan/tilt re-defines maritime multi-sensor system design, drawing on FLIR's 25 years of experience in building combat-proven airborne and maritime thermal imagers for militaries, Coast Guards, and governmental agencies around the world. If you want to use a tougher, better-performing FLIR, you'll have to join the Special Forces.

Back