KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

For those of you who own and use a FLIR Vanadium Oxide UnCooled microbolometer in your thermal weapon scope or scanner, not matter what the focal plane array is or what the model is, this is the spectral response curve that you will be covering with your instrument.

TAU%20Response%20Curve.jpg

Thanks for taking care of the Mac daddy crowd skypup. Spartan1 says I need to ditch my rotary phone and upgrade. All I need to do is leave my phone sit for a few hrs for a lil wireless upgrade. And if I might say the thermal shower pic is the best I've seen in a while
thumbup1.gif

What is epic about it was that I was in my backyard 150 feet from the backdoor all by my lonesome self about 9PM, did not get to bed until 4AM after cleaning up the carnage....this has happened about a half dozen times over the years but the first time I was able to record it happening...

Just waiting for the FLIR MD-625Xp with wireless router for the mobile thermal install. Will try to document the thermal install with all the gear....

Also have a complete RealTree MAX 5 camo wrap on the way.

Pioneer%20Front.jpg

Pioneer%20Roof.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupWhat is epic about it was that I was in my backyard 150 feet from the backdoor all by my lonesome self about 9PM, did not get to bed until 4AM after cleaning up the carnage....this has happened about a half dozen times over the years but the first time I was able to record it happening... Thank God for the big clips!
thumbup.gif
...layin the rounds down

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yzsuperleeDoes anyone know what price point the PS-32R will be at?

From what I hear it will be $3,999 MSRP, it does have video out for the first time in the PS/LS series though.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupYou bet!

Can you post a picture of the viewing screen?

Won't it show a lot of light coming off of the screen or???

Looks like it is going to be an AWESOME set up for sure!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAre you going to get a lot of splash back light from the viewing screen?

No, the contrast is easily adjustable, besides it will easily pick up hogs and dogs over one mile out......

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAre you going to get a lot of splash back light from the viewing screen?

No, the contrast is easily adjustable, besides it will easily pick up hogs and dogs over one mile out......

Sweet!

When are you going to set it up, mount a .50caliber on top and have a computer read your retina and then fire a shell by thought process???

I can't wait for the results of your first run!

Go get em.................

FLIR Personal Systems is shipping out the FLIR M-324XP 30Hz thermal scanning instrument this week!

I ended up getting the upscale professional yachting M series instead of the MD-series.

The MD series can be run and viewed off an I-Phone or I-Pad app but it is static (like the FLIR PathFindIR) and not able to remotely scan.

The M series cannot be run off the app but it has a joy-stick smart controller that you can program to scan 90 degrees left to 90 degrees right and 180 degrees up and over to the rear and anything inbetween.

The LCD color viewer for it is made for high end yachts and is made by FLIR subdivision RayMarine and shows all the color pallets White hot, Black hot, Marine Red, Iron, Rain, and Ice. It also is waterproof, dust proof and vibration proof.

For the price, I could have gotten the 640x512 core with 25mm lens MD static but ended up getting the remote scanning 336x256 17 micron core with the 19 mm lens since the FOV is the about same and the range is over one mile, the 640 core would have just been expensive overkill as the 336 core will handle everything we will come up on out in the woods.

The good folks at FLIR sure were a joy to work with as it took about two weeks of them edumatcating me to the level for me to make a solid decision on which instrument would suit our hunting yacht needs the best in the long run.

Will take some pics of it and the install once it arrives...

M-Series(1).jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPup

I ended up getting the upscale professional yachting M series instead of the MD-series.

Hey Pup.....since you got the yachting series you might as well pick up a real land yacht to mount in on.

l8PnX6c.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: SkyPup

Hey Pup.....since you got the yachting series you might as well pick up a real land yacht to mount in on.

l8PnX6c.jpg

I saw that, but since it does not come with an escalator to get you into the cab and I am afraid of heights, I decided to pass....
smile.gif

I got a nice solid steel roll cage mount onto which I can weld a couple of 3/8" bar stock onto and then weld on the FLIR mounting base for a permanent secure attachment.

The good thing about this is the ability to move the mount up or down the left or right side of the roll-cage and still be protected from limbs and branches while keeping the mount higher up than my head when standing next to the rig.

Already had a couple of LED long range light bars almost get nailed from low hanging limbs, so want to make sure this instrument is protected while still have a supreme sight picture capability.

$(KGrHqFHJB8FH(uoc,Y!BR5YjUJzUg~~60_12.JPG

Back