KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Here are a couple of T-70 through the instrument pics (no ACOG or ELCAN just the unit) at 0.5X, 1.0X, and 2.0X magnifications.

It is 175 yards laser measured to the oak tree with my game cam attached to it.

They were taken in linear thermal mode, not DDE. About 60*F out, clear no fog.

T70%20BLK%20half.jpg

T70%20BLK%20One.jpg

T70%20BLK%20Two.jpg

Here a a couple of pics through the ocular lens of the ELCAN Specter DR 1.5-6X-42mm at 6X power of the same scene:

ELCAN%206X%20T70%20One%20Half%20BLK.jpg

ELCAN%206X%20T70%20One%20BLK.jpg

ELCAN%206X%20T70%20Two%20BLK.jpg

To be fair to the ELCAN, a moderate fog had settled in over the gator pond, so I turned on DDE.

When you are in the pitch dark at night hunting dangerous animals (or humans for that matter) FOV is your friend because if you cannot see it you cannot get it and it can get you.

Of course, allot of people just like to shoot thermals at a non-moving target like steel on a range where everything is perfectly setup and stationary at a known distance, for them something like a T-75 would be ideal.

But if you plan on bringing home the bacon or fur, wide FOV cannot be beat!

Me%20&%20Hogs2_edited-1.jpg

I don’t need no one’s opinion

On the matter concerning my FLIRs

I live in a swamp in Northern Florida

There were many things I did not possess

I never complained because my father said

“Son, you’ll get your chance before you’re my age.”

Then he took me upstairs and gave me his FLIR

There was happiness all over my face.

He said, “Others may come and others may go,

But that FLIR will be around wherever you go’”

I’ve never been a sloppy hunter

My hogs drop dead with one shot

And the fold in my camo overalls it ain’t straight

Still I know a good thermal when I see one

That’s why I’m packin’ two FLIR T-70s

Sometimes I wonder if I should visit another dealer

And get myself a different night rig

Then I remember what my father said to me

You don’t want to miss a pig.

But that FLIR will be around wherever you go….

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI don’t need no one’s opinion

On the matter concerning my FLIRs

I live in a swamp in Northern Florida

There were many things I did not possess

I never complained because my father said

“Son, you’ll get your chance before you’re my age.”

Then he took me upstairs and gave me his FLIR

There was happiness all over my face.

But that FLIR will be around wherever you go’”

I’ve never been a sloppy hunter

My hogs drop dead with one shot

And the fold in my camo overalls it ain’t straight

Still I know a good thermal when I see one

That’s why I’m packin’ two FLIR T-70s

Sometimes I wonder if I should visit another dealer

And get myself a different night rig

Then I remember what my father said to me

You don’t want to miss a pig.

But that FLIR will be around wherever you go….

Skypup,

Well spoken & you won't get an argument out of me! I now own 2 FLIR;-)

Have been working on a new mini DVR setup that has a remote recording switch, the unit is always off until you hit the swtich and then it records.

Here is my older unit which works very good with the FLIR T-70s, T-60, T-50, and RS series thermals. it is up and recording in 10 seconds with the press of two buttons:

T70%20DVR.jpg

Here is the new smaller unit with the remote video start switch:

T70%20MDVR.jpg

T70%20MDVR2.jpg

T70%20MDVR3.jpg

When you are pouring corn into the feeder at dusk on a ladder and the swine want corn in their mouths, sometimes this happens....
smile.gif

FLIR has a new model PS-32R with the 320 core and a 35mm lens instead of the 19mm lens on the PS-32. In addition, when you turn it off and then turn it back on it comes up with the same settings that you turned it off in.

Compared to my LS-64 with 640 core and 35mm lens, it has a smaller FOV but the clarity and distance resolution is astounding for a 320 core scanner, can easily see a deer at 600 yards and make out a coon from a possum at 200 yards.

The camo model is a limited edtion:

PS32RCamo.jpg

PS32RCamoLens.jpg

Oh, and a new first, this unit has NTSC VIDEO OUT!

Another important thought to consider when using any thermal weapon hunting scope is the diurnal cycle of inanimate objects absorbing IR radiation and subsequently irradiating IR radiation.

There are crossover times during a 24 hour period of time when inanimate objects (grass, trees, rocks, ground, water, etc) absorb sunlight and then re-radiate that light as IR.

Once you get accustomed to this aspect, you can adjust your thermal hunting times to coincide with the best diurnal crossover points to allow for maximum performance from your instruments.

I am constantly hearing about this and that regarding costly useless thermal instruments from newbies who just took their scopes out and everything was white-out or too hot or way too unresolute.

Where I do most of my hunting, unless we are under a high pressure dome, you can bet that the fog will set in about midnight. Thermal still works good in fog but not as good as a high pressure no fog. so maximum range and resolution is going to be affected. Just another reason why I PLAN my hunting times to coincide with maximal effective times at night, and also to take into accord the maximum emission of the diurnal crossover points of thermal absorption and emission of the millions of inanimate objects in the woods, simply because I am after only the animate ones.

If you plan your hunt times accordingly, you will be surprised how much more enjoyable it is instead of trying to hunt at minimal thermal productive times...

Thermal%20Diuranal%20Cycle.jpg

Here is a You-Tube video I made in the backyard last night of the new FLIR PS-32R handheld scanner with 9FPS NTSC video out.

It is the same as the previous PS-32 but with video out and a larger 35mm germanium objective lens instead of the smaller 19mm on the PS-32.

As many of you experienced thermal users know, a 320 core with a 35mm lens is a very powerful instrument for reaching out past one half mile for detection.

I was easily able to discern rabbits, from coons, from possums, at 225 yards with the PS-32R.

This one also has a nice limited edition camo overlay.

The video was 500MB originally and is shrunk down to 46MB for U-Tube, so lost about 10X of the resolution but it still looks very very good, the 9fps video feed is hardly noticeable even when the deer are running through the woods. I would have thought there would have been more degradation of the movements at 9hz, but this was not the case.

i first saw the five deer out 450 yards and watched them walk through the deep woods into an open clearing at 225 yards and was amazed to see them still coming my way.

They all walked up to a depression below my stand and picked up my scent, you can see them with their noses in the air knowing I am somewhere near until they get a definite scent signature, SNORT, and take off from 60 yards right clear in front of me.

This is one of FLIR's new handheld scanner products and if people like it, more video options will be forthcoming as in their handheld series....my LS-64 would LOVE to have this capability!

Here is the vid;

Back