KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVC

Any chance of getting some video without the cover on to see that mirage effect you're talking about with the T-70? Out here in Kalifornia I do not have that luxury.
frown.gif

Vic

Vic... I haven't even tried to hook up to the video output of the T70. I have a cheap miniature DVR that should work so maybe I can get that done for you. The thermal signature from the can just looks like an arc in the very bottom of the T70.

BTW....It only happens after about a 10 to 12 round shootout at a sounder of hogs. That heats the can up pretty good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: SkyPupThree other shooters, all with NV, and NONE of them could see this hog back in the deep brush but me with the FLIR T-70, one headshot put the swine down.

Everyone is standing around asking me how I saw him and how I could possibly shoot him in the head?[B)]

THERMAL BABY!!

Price%20Prairie%20Boar.jpg

Price%20Prairie%20Boar3.jpg

Price%20Prairie%202.jpg

Just my observation, you shot him in the head? Why are his intestines hanging out the bottom??

Actually, I shot him in the MOUTH and the bullet went down his throat through his lungs, diaphragm, and liver before exiting out his abdomen.

How is that for a headshot???
w00t.gif

It was a 75 yard shot in absolute pitch dark, no moon and could not see much of anything with NV, especially back in the brush.

I shot at his face, he quivered and fell over, then we took some pics....

Originally Posted By: SkyPupIt was a 75 yard shot in absolute pitch dark, no moon and could not see much of anything with NV, especially back in the brush.

I shot at his face, he quivered and fell over, then we took some pics.... a shot like that is hard on the dental work! Trust me I've seen it happen to a coyote.
scared.gif

The best snake cammo I have ever seen or not seen is our local Mojave Greens. #1 most venomous in the USA, and I think 11th in the world. Their greenish hue is just about invisible with normal I^2 devices and if the outside temp is close to their body temp, they are just about passive their as well.

Had a great hog hunt last night with the SIG 556 FLIR T-70 using IMI NATO 77gr Sierra MatchKings, shot three large boar hogs at various ranges and recovered two nice ones. Sky was clear, temp upper 50's and stars out bright with no moon, just a beautiful night to be out in the swamps hog hunting with the FLIR thermal gear.

This was in a large 1,500 acre flooded pasture with about 6-8 inches of water laying in it, used the FLIR LS-64 and PS-32 for find the loaner boars spread out around the prairie ponds and stalked them out from about 1/2 mile out.

Shot three and recovered two, on made it over a berm embankment and into some thick brush and could not find him.

Will have some video later on of the kills:

Bullet%20Hole.jpg

Hog%20Head%20T70.jpg

T70%20Tusks.jpg

T70%20Tusks2.jpg

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local...-252281481.html

The person who was threatened said three large, white canines without collars surrounded him outside his horse barn last month and he called his neighbor, who brought a shotgun. The man, whom the newspaper did not identify, then shot and killed the animal.

The Veterinary Genetics Laboratory at the University of California, Davis, tested samples of the dead animal and determined it was a wolf-dog hybrid.

I friend of mine sent me a photo of a wolf-dog hybrid he shot down in south Florida near the Everglades, it weighed 90 pounds and was one mean looking sob...

Really impressed with the can taming this 7.72mm. First two shots at 200 yards were about three inches high and two inches to the right (crosswind of 15mph).

No muzzle blast and the piston valve #4 suppressor setting threw shells out 15 feet with zero cycling problems, the sound of the bullet was about a .22 Mag and you could hear the impact of the bullet easily. Recoil was markedly reduced as well.

I ordered a suppressor anti-thermal surround shield to keep it from interfering with the FLIRs and keep me from getting burnt:

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-sas-suppressor-anti-mirage-shield.html

Shot four two round groups at 200 yards laying prone unsupported after initial adjustment of the ELCAN Specter DR 1.5-6X-42mm, moving a click or two at a time:

Final result is two nice bullseyes!

Can%2010%20Rounds%20200%20Yard.jpg

Couple of rough non-professional pics through the ocular lens (through the tube pics) of ELCAN SPECTER DR 1.5-6X-42mm on 6X through the FLIR T-70 during the day at a group of squirrels feeding at 175 yards using the three FLIR T-70 digital magnifications:

DR%206X%20T70%200.5X.jpg

DR%206X%20T70%201X.jpg

DR%206X%20T70%202X.jpg

Back