KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

The ole Grapple sure comes in handy on the big ones!

350lb%20Hog%20Grapple.jpg

When I am sniping these big ones out (not just blasting them), with a fragmenting OTM bullet like the Sierra 77 grain MatchKing in those IMI rounds there is not a chance of bone crushing penetration like with a Barnes bullet, so only cure is to slip on into the lungs and blow them both out with the heart, then they only have one breath left, the one they previously took. That takes precise shooting to make a hit like that out 260 yards in the pitch dark.

My SIG 556 and FLIR T-70 with the ACOG TA02 work in excellent harmony together to pull this off over and over again.

The bullet entered about two inches behind the scapula through the rib cage and disintegrated on impact showering the lungs with high speed fragments that tore them all to [beeep], a little too low would have hit the heart, a little too high would have hit the vertebral column, a little to the right would have hit the diaphragm, a little too left would have smashed his fore-shank. It's all good when you can place a shot precisely in the boiler-room

Of course, having graduated from veterinary school some 35+ years ago, it does help to have an intimate knowledge of swine anatomy too so you can picture in your mind's eye what your carefully placed bullet is going to head into internally so that you can produce a lethal wound and not just take any shot that presents itself. These lage 350+ pound hogs are tough critters and very difficult to bring down as you know.

We will be testing all these FLIR Thermal weapon units out in the field on some hogs and coyotes at my farm this weekend:

RS-32 1.25-5 320X240 19mm
RS-32 2.25-9 320X240 35mm
RS-32 4-16 320X340 60mm
RS-64 1.1-9 640X480 35mm
RS-64 2-16 640X480 60mm

Video and pics and reviews to follow....

We will be using a couple of SIG 556s, a couple of SIG 716s, and a Noveske 6.8SPC, plus my SIG P-229 .357 SIG handgun with IR laser.

Originally Posted By: family guyI'd like hear how the clarity is for the rs-64 in the 10+ zoom. I'm sure the pixels start showing good after 6x

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPupMy SIG 556 and FLIR T-70 with the ACOG TA02 work in excellent harmony together to pull this off over and over again.

I'm running my T70 with an Eotech EXPS 3-0 and Eotech 4x Magnifier with good results. The more I use this unit the more I like it.

I have been anchoring them with my 6.8 SPC and 110 grain Nosler Accubonds.

7FAS0FI.jpg

Last edited:
Three other shooters, all with NV, and NONE of them could see this hog back in the deep brush but me with the FLIR T-70, one headshot put the swine down.

Everyone is standing around asking me how I saw him and how I could possibly shoot him in the head?[B)]

THERMAL BABY!!

Price%20Prairie%20Boar.jpg

Price%20Prairie%20Boar3.jpg

Price%20Prairie%202.jpg

Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: SkyPupMy SIG 556 and FLIR T-70 with the ACOG TA02 work in excellent harmony together to pull this off over and over again.

I'm running my T70 with an Eotech EXPS 3-0 and Eotech 4x Magnifier with good results. The more I use this unit the more I like it.

I have been anchoring them with my 6.8 SPC and 110 grain Nosler Accubonds.

7FAS0FI.jpg

What can you using?

Here are some photos from the FLIR M-18 Recon, no moon, clear sky with lots of stars, low humidity and about 60*F out:

175 yards to infamous game cam tree, 1X gray mode:

175%20Yards%201X.jpg

Same but 2X:

175%20Yards%202X.jpg

Same but 4X:

175%20yards%204x.jpg

Tractor;

M18%20Tractor.jpg

Gray%20House.jpg

Iron%20House.jpg

Rain%20House.jpg

Will work on a thermal video....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gman757Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCWhat can you using?

Hey Vic... I have the 762 YHM Phantom QD Titanium (15oz.). As you can see in the pic I use a cover on it for hunting. It protects the can and provides insulation to keep the heat mirage out of the T70 FOV.

I run the same can on 6.8 SPC, 300 BLK, and .223.

http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_18&products_id=306

https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-sas-suppressor-anti-mirage-shield.html

Any chance of getting some video without the cover on to see that mirage effect you're talking about with the T-70? Out here in Kalifornia I do not have that luxury.
frown.gif

Vic

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThree other shooters, all with NV, and NONE of them could see this hog back in the deep brush but me with the FLIR T-70, one headshot put the swine down.

Everyone is standing around asking me how I saw him and how I could possibly shoot him in the head?[B)]

THERMAL BABY!!

Price%20Prairie%20Boar.jpg

Price%20Prairie%20Boar3.jpg

Price%20Prairie%202.jpg

Just my observation, you shot him in the head? Why are his intestines hanging out the bottom??

Back