Tell Us A Little About Yourself

Never hunted coyotes before but Grandson wants to so am here to learn, we got the means just not much know how, plenty predators here in eastern oklahoma, 63 vnv, just an old country boy retired,

Well, I guess I will get all the way on board here, after lurking like a half starved coyote for so long. I live in the Eastern section of California's Sierra Nevada range. I am 67 years old, retired disabled vet and retired hunting guide. I come from a long line of varmint hunters and have been doing it since I can remember. My first serious rifle was a .219 Zipper on a Martini action. Graduated to a Model 70 in 1960, which I seriously abused, loading for 4000+ fps……before I knew better.
I still shoot a 220 Swift, which I just had built on a Ruger 77 action, with a stainless Douglas barrel. My longer range rifle is a Howa, 243 that loves 58 gr Hornady V-Max…..or my copycat hand load. Anyway, we have a lot of cattle dropping calves this time of year so 'yotes ain't scarce. Thanks for all the info and the occasional giggle.

Thanks Grizz! We don't get some water in the mountains, none of us will be fishing in this area! Looks REAL bad right now! Look me up if you get up this way.

Kelly McDowell here. Just found this site and am fascinated. I've been on another varminter site but it is nothing like this one is from what I've seen. I'm 69 and been hunting since I was about 14 yrs old. My varmint hunting has been mostly prarie dog shoots and the occasional passing coyote. I got an electronic call but haven't used it much but I'm going to get out more often with it. Down here in Yuma there is plenty of areas to hunt and plenty of coyotes. Now I just gotta get off of my lazy butt and go after them. Good to have found this site.

Hi Everyone--New to PM---I see I reconize some from other sites---I was Born in "47" was a US Marine "66-69" a VietNam Vet---retired BoilerMaker with 30 years service, retired young at 59--but the best is I love Predator Hunting-Trapping and been doing it for more than 50 years-from the U.P. of Mich---Beaver Grove Marquette Co---Glad to be Here-------SVB

Oh forget to say my favorite coyote killers are the 225 win model 70--25 wssm win model 70 coyote lite and of course the 17 rem T/C --hard to beat the 17 rem for a fur round
svb

Originally Posted By: SVB Hi Everyone--New to PM---I see I reconize some from other sites---I was Born in "47" was a US Marine "66-69" a VietNam Vet---retired BoilerMaker with 30 years service, retired young at 59--but the best is I love Predator Hunting-Trapping and been doing it for more than 50 years-from the U.P. of Mich---Beaver Grove Marquette Co---Glad to be Here-------SVB

Thanks for your service and glad you made it home.
Welcome to Predator Masters.
Sounds like good choice of equipment for your predator hunting too.

32 years old
married twice now ..hangin on to the 2nd one
got a 4 yr old girl thats already taking interest in guns and hunting
Medically retired from the Army (11b2g) after 7 years
frown.gif
(where I got the nickname Attackmouse)
From Camden SC now live in San Antonio TEXAS
besides that I love Bacon and Beer

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME HOOKED--GLAD TO BE HERE

ATTACKMOUSE---THANKS FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY ,,,,,,WELCOME HERE ,LOTS OF INFO AND GREAT GUYS---ENJOY
SVB

New and happy to be here! 40 year old woman who is now the hunter of the family (hubby number two retired from it years ago). I have one daughter who is 14 and more interested in anime than hitting the wilds, two dogs, and a ball python.

Professional student on her third run through college; my first time through was for radio engineering and though I was on the air for several years, now anyone who can hit F1 on a keyboard can run a radio station. I returned to school during the recent recession and got a degree in environmental technology, and am now working toward a PhD in Geography to work in preservation of historic sites and public lands.

Along with small game and varmint hunting, I'm also a video game junkie. I'm a moderator for the forums of a major online hunting game, and am completely addicted to any games that have something to do with animals. Pokemon are animals, right?

Great to meet you all, and I look forward to picking your brains extensively as I learn the ropes.
smile.gif

Hey y'all. I'm 27 married, father of a wonderful son. Been a deer hunter for the last 16 years or so. Just got started in the whole coyote thing. Loving it so far. I work on semi trucks for a living. I like to collect guns, when the funds allow it lol. I have learned a lot of info from this site so far and look forward to learning more and eventually be able contribute info of my own. Thanks!

Welcome to the site...We like stories and photos...(If there isn't a picture, in might not have happened
thumbup.gif
) so keep your camera handy...

I attended some classes on the Shelbyville campus at U of L many years ago and you are on the edge of some really beautiful country... Is that a '78 in your avatar??...Used to have one and really miss it...

Last edited:
Thanks! The truck is a 85. I just sold it a few weeks ago and I already miss it. And yes there I some very beautiful land around here. Got a little bit of it all. Large open fields, thick woods, creeks/rivers and such. Pretty good hunting all the way around.

Hey guys, just joined PM. I recently moved to Tucson, AZ and was delighted to see that the 2015 PM Convention would be held in Tucson. I'm just now looking into getting into coyote hunting and hopefully I'll have most of the equipment when the hunt rolls around. If I do I'll see some of you all there!

Hi all, I am not new just haven't been very active in the past, mostly reading. I plan on being very active from here on out though especially since I just become a site sponsor. My name is Brett, I am the owner of IronworksTactical.com. At Ironworks we specialize in the 6.8 SPC II AR15 platform but build plenty of .223 Wylde chambers as well.

We are avid hunters spending much of our time in Texas hunting pigs, deer and coyotes with the folks from Wild River Ranch, Texas. While we are a web based company I am based in Corona, CA and occasionally hunt the local areas when time permits.

I am really excited to be here and can't wait to contribute and help out any way I can. One thing that does make us difference is we listen to our consumer and try to come up with products that fit your needs, for instance our bare bones LPK (http://shop.ironworkstactical.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AOI%2DLPK) which was completely driven by consumer input.

Back