PM 2014 Hunt and Convention Details

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
Here it is!!

The 14th Annual Predator Masters Hunt Announcement!

***To register, simply CLICK the banner below***

WHEN:

February 6th-7th & 8th..

Location is....Las Cruces,New Mexico

1426731_10153369123455361_1202221655_n.jpg

El Paso Intl. Airport is about a 1/2 hour away.
Rental cars, full service. Las Cruces is straight up the Interstate 10. Motels & Event Center are within 5 minutes of each other at Exit 142.

Link to Las Cruces
www.lascrucescvb.org

Predator Masters would like to see you bring the wife & family as well.

Here's some area attractions.

Old Mesilla-
Very upscale, historic area that holds a huge amount of shops catering to the desert southwest.
www.oldmesilla.org

White Sands Natl. Monument-
Everyone needs to visit this one of a kind place. It's just 30 East of Las Cruces! Kids LOVE this place!

http://www.nps.gov/whsa/index.htm

Historic Lincoln, New Mexico-
This is Billy the Kid country! The whole town is a National Historic Site that lives in the same buildings that Billy stayed in and saw in the town. The Lincoln Jail is still there with a bullet hole in the wall from Billy's famous jailbreak.
This a little over an hour and ahalf East of Las Cruces.

http://www.nmmonuments.org/inst.php?inst=7

The Main Events will be held here:

www.nmfarmandranchmuseum.org/index.php

Registering for the Hunt!

You must be a Predator Masters member in good standing to attend the hunt. If you are not a member here, register here at PM first and become a member.

After you are member, you need to decide what you want in the Registration Area of the PM Store.

The Hunt Registration INCLUDES all three Dinner Event Meals!
It also INCLUDES 3 Raffle Tickets for the Main Event Banquet Saturday night! It INCLUDES your KIDS MEALS!

We had a BLAST last year and this year looks to be even BETTER!!!!

217099_10152787308505361_506974424_n.jpg

Just CLICK on our FACEBOOK LINKS below, give us a LIKE and check out the pics from past years Conventions:

***2011 PM Hunt & Convention FACEBOOK LINK***

***2012 PM Hunt & Convention FACEBOOK LINK***

***2013 PM Hunt & Convention FACEBOOK LINK***

Cost for members is the same as last year.

Members- $150
If you bring your spouse, it's only $100 for the same benefits!
She, or he will also get the Event Meals,and 3 raffle tickets.

Remember...KIDS ARE ALWAYS FREE!!!

EggShoot!

You can register for the EggShoot while you are there at the store!

Raffle Tickets!

You can buy your extra raffle tickets online at the PM Store as well.

MOTELS!

We are staying at two fine motels! They are in an adjacent facility so that we can all stay together in one location!

We have a block of rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn Suites.
They are also giving us the use of their meeting room for after hour gathering each night for no charge.

They serve a hot breakfast each morning. No charge. (Not sweet rolls)

Links to the motels:

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-las_cruces-new_mexico-NM003

The rate for the Comfort Inn Suites is $75 per night. Be sure and give them the codeword: "PredatorMasters" when you call for reservations.

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-las_cruces-new_mexico-NM008

HUNTING AREA!

While attending our annual Convention, many Predator Masters members choose to go hunting during their stay in Las Cruces!

New Mexico has access to millions of acres. Ether BLM, State, or Natl. Forest.

This runs from the southern New Mexico border, south of Las Cruces to the Gila Wilderness Natl. Forest North of Las Cruces....It runs West of Las Cruces for over 75 miles & runs North-South 150 miles. (Approx. 12,000 square miles of lightly called, if at all land ranging from rolling terrain to mountainous)

***While we here at Predator Masters do not organize the hunting, we do encourage our members to do so in some of the most beautiful country there is!!!***

The roads are mostly good, graded roads that you will be hunting off of, so 4WD isn't required in most areas. If you are renting a car, I think I'd get a truck, or SUV type though.

Maps to the hunting areas are available here...........www.publiclands.org

If you have a GPS there are two sponsors of Predator Masters that have maps available for those... http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/ or http://www.koutdoorproducts.com/

***Please feel free to direct any of your questions to our Hunt Coordinator, Terry Bates, a.k.a. 220_swift

Last edited:
as of now, I intend to be there for the week. Will likely start hunting sunday.

I'll drive my truck, so I have a vehicle to hunt from. I've been there twice so I have some familiarity with the area. My wife doesn't hunt predators, so I have an extra seat or 2 for anyone who wants to go calling.

We're hunting close to the Mexican border & there are no magazine restrictions, so if you hunt with an AR or similar, by all means, bring the hi-caps. I will. So far as I know, no PM member has ever had trouble in the field & the BP has a large presence in the area, but you never know when a double or triple might be called in
wink.gif

I have an assortment of hand calls as well as an e-caller & am fine with anyone who wants to do the calling, by any method.

There is fun to be had, hunting to be done, food to eat, it's a chance to meet people in person that maybe you've known online for years, chances to win some great prizes thanks to our sponsors. If you can make it it, IMHO it's worth going.

I know some female hunters are attending this year, so they may decide they'd like to meet up with other women to hunt with & we'll do what we can to make that possible.

This is every bit as much a social event as it is a hunting one. At the range on saturday, after the egg shoot, Scott Milk will have additional competitions & shooting opportunities & there will be food & drinks provided for lunch at no charge for attendees.

As I recall, there are silhouette targets at the range out to 800 meters & shooting Scott's rifles at them was great fun
wink.gif

My vacation for the hunt has been approved, subject to my completing my current project 2 weeks ahead of schedule. It's scheduled to be submitted on 02/12, but with me being gone from 02/01 - 02/10, it has to be done & submitted to QA by the 31st. I don't see any problems doing that, time to start getting ready for the trip.

The links to the motels were incorrect, sorry if anyone had any problems. I've fixed in this thread & I think Terry has found & fixed most of the other posts now.

Back