KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Hope you had some great pizza and hot dogs out in the city!

...See what happens when you leave, while the cats away, the mice will play. In you case the hogs were playing!
tt2.gif

LOL. Nice shooting as always!

Vic

Well now, this was awesome great!

The FLIR T-70 works like a charm.

I was calling coyotes in the backyard on my FoxPro Prairie Blaster when I heard my Arabian snorting in the horse pasture, so I walked around the barn and low and behold a sounder group was rooting around about 200 yards out from me!

So, I slowly walked up on them using the FLIR LS-64 for spotting and layed down on the ground and opened up on them (about 12 or so) from abot 100-125 yards out.

Three shots and three meaty hogs meet the butcher knife tonight!

T70%20Three%20Hogs.jpg

I had the video output hooked up the the mini DVR so will edit out a video later on....

I butchered out those hogs last night and did not get to bed until 2AM, but the Bald Eagles were on the entrails before I woke up this morning, also a flock of Osceola Turkeys in the backgound....

Eagles%20landing.jpg

As promised, I am finally getting some videos out of the new FLIR T-70 Mil-Spec Thermal Weapon Scope.

You have to manually turn on the NTSC Video output from the FLIR to the mini-DVR in order to save battery life as it chews more juice while recording the thermal video camera output.

It is super easy to turn on using FLIRs JoyStick.

This is recorded on my property in my backyard, there are many very large Live Trees that are hundreds of years old and about 120 feet high, they look like giant Sequoias in the video as I was laying down on the ground to get a good shot on this sounder group. Apparently the hogs are chewing on last years acorns since we have not have a good acorn mast crop this year?

Again, my Arabian horse snorting alerted me to the presence of the hogs, that is two times he turned me on to hogs in two nights!

It was about a 1/4 mile hike out to the hogs, they were shot at a distance of about 125 yards using the FLIR T-70 Thermal.

This is a 50MB WMV file that is about 3.5 minutes long, download it and then watch it.

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/T70%20Three%20Hogs/T70%20Three%20Hogs.wmv

Let me know what ya think!

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareHave you guys put a dent in the hog population compared to when you first started ?

No, in fact it is the opposite. Thirty years ago when we moved out here there were a few hogs now and then and a few coyotes. Now they are swarming all over the place for some reason.

Ten years ago I used to shoot 30-40 hogs per year, now it is ten times that. I used to get 10-12 coyotes and now it is 4-5 times that.

Have no idea what has changed, but they sure are raping the property.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI butchered out those hogs last night and did not get to bed until 2AM, but the Bald Eagles were on the entrails before I woke up this morning, also a flock of Osceola Turkeys in the backgound....

Eagles%20landing.jpg

Can never get enough of our Bald Eagles especially on this day!

Happy Veterans Day all!

Vic Di Cosola

Okay, here is a pretty good FLIR T-70 Thermal video of one of the largest coyotes I have ever shot, 45 lbs+.

I was using my FoxPro Prairie Blaster with an SP55 external speaker using Female Invitation and Cottontail Distress.

He came in over 300 yards out and I shot him at 225 yards through the heart about 4 minutes later. He took off like a scaled cat and I found him the next day ten feet into the woods where he disappears in the video.

This video pretty much shows that with a T-70 and an ACOG 4X, you can shoot a coyote through the heart at long distance....

Big%20Dead%20Dog.jpg

This is a 67MB WNV file that you should first download to watch off my server:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/T70%20Videos/Big%20Coyote/Big%20Dog%20Down.wmv

Originally Posted By: Hard_wareYou might being shooting more with the help of the NV and thermal you didn't have 30yrs ago
laugh.gif

Eggsackly!
grin.gif

I like the way you think!

The FLIR T-70 just keeps knocking them dead.

Called in 3 songdogs from out over 350 yards and pulled the trigger once on this one at 275 yards, nice female DRT.

Used the ACOG 4X and the T-70 on 1.0X, high humidity and temps around 55 F. made this an easy shot.

T70%20Female%20275%20Yards.jpg

Got a nice thermal video of the entire scene so will work on editing that up for a nice kill video.....

LOL -> No sooner do I get finished rendering the thermal kill video that I walk out the back door to go pick up my rifle and I see another coyote, one shot at 225 yards, DRT.

Double Smack Down tonight, think I might get some.....

Double%20A.jpg

Double%20B.jpg

Dang Skypup, save some for the Bald Eagles! Outright war zone in your area...

Btw, the Yotes out my way are anorexic, yours have to be some of the biggest I have seen in quite some time.

Vic

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThese are Eastern Florida coyotes, 30-35 pounds is about the norm, 45-50 pounds is HUGE!!!

Scrawny varmints way out west here at 30LBS wet!

Have been after this big boar hog for the last two months, he's been leaving ATV sized holes rooted up in my yard and I wanted to take him out. He is a loner and I spied him off and on, including one time at night when I had my 556 with the FLIR T-70 on it but declined to try to take him out due to his thick shield and my tiny 5.56mm, had been carrying the 7.62mm just for him but never did we both meet up at the right time.

Finally, last night while I was calling for coyotes he shows up a little before midnight with a couple of deer and I decided to try to take him out. First shot was into the lungs right behind his elbow, second shot was pretty much into the arse, and third shot was again into his ribcage, fourth and fifth shots may not have connected. However, I spent an hour trying to find him with the FLIR LS-64 with no luck and then another hour this afternoon with no luck, so he is buzzard bait by now. This dude has shown up on the game cam and I have seen him personally a half dozen time, easy 375-400 pounds, maybe I'll find his skull and tusks later on this fall while hiking around in the woods.

The FLIR T-70 did its job, but this size boar is just a beech to take down with a 5.56.....

11MB WMV file....

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/Giant%20Boar%20Hog/Giant%20Boar%20Hog.wmv

No sooner do I shoot that big boar the other night and another one shows up an hour after I left for work this AM, looks like I've got my work cut out for Thanksgiving weekend hunting this nice boar down...

Big%20Hog%20Game%20Cam.jpg

Back