KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Here is the mini DVR setup on the T-70:

T70%20DVR.jpg

Remember the resolution I am seeing in real time is twice that of the video plus it is magnified 4x....

So folks know, the black color T-70's will be out at months end. TAN was the color of choice for SOCOM and other Mil contract arenas is why TAN was released first.

Vic

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDANG! Does it come with a free Escalade??

No, who would want a pimpmobile with their thermal gear?

FYI, I am driving the same 20 year old pickup truck that I bought new 20 years ago and I plan on using the same thermal setup I have 20 years from now.

Besides, when you have this much fun cleaning up your property, the cost is not a factor, although I could use a new tractor to replace one of my 35 year old tractors....
rolleyes.gif

Some things they didn't make 20yr ago, but they do now
dance.gif
. The sooner you own it the sooner the cost averaging starts. My pvs14 has been used hundreds of outings. 1 1/2 yrs back started down the thermal path. Don't have 15k for one item but other options are available
laugh.gif
No mater how much $$$ you have you can't buy back lost time. Get what makes you happy in life.

Last edited:
This song dog was quite a hoot![:D]

I called him in to within 100 feet of us last Saturday night with a FoxPro Prairie Blaster playing Bay Bee Cottontail and he came charging in from 250 yards out and my buddy was my guest so I let him shoot him, he hit him and he jumped way up in the air and turned around and high tailed it out. I figured he was dead somewhere within a hundred yards or so and we walked all over the wood that night and next Sunday morning trying to find him with no luck.

Then tonight I started calling with Bay Bee Cottontail again and this wounded limping coyote comes at me, I dropped him at 165 yards out with the FLIR T-70.

T70%20Coyote.jpg

I had the DVR video recorder on but neglected to turn on the video output port, so had not video of the whole two minute kill.
cursing.gif

That SUX.....but I did take some video of him laying in the grass dead, about 9MB WMV file:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/T70%20Videos/Flir%20T70%20Coyote.wmv

I'll see if I can get a pack up and howling tonight and maybe get a couple more live on video dying....
grin.gif

Skypup,

A couple quick questions regarding your set-up:

I really like the 6.8 SPC caliber for hunting pigs, but my concern is that the ACOGs and the T-70 look like they're only set-up for either 5.56 or 7.62 in terms of their respective reticles; am I correct?

Is the Canadian ACOG equivalent (I'm drawing a blank on its name) more forgiving in these regards?

TIA,
LA airhunter

Both the ACOGs and the T-70s only have 5.56mm and 7.62mm reticules, I do not know if Truijicon or FLIR provides 6.8 reticules for their scopes.

Went out tonight to try to take a couple of pics through the ACOG TA02 using the FLIR T-70 so you could see the sights.

It is a beautiful night out, temp about 50*F, full stars, no wind and low humidity.

After a long HOT HUMID summer, the FLIR worked beyond excellent, simply stunning thermal imagery.

So I start taking a couple of pics with my I-Phone through the ACOG:

BW%201X.jpg

RAIN%201X.jpg

Next thing I know a coyote shows up at 175 yards out while I have the I-Phone hooked up to the ACOG, so I took a short video of him before I disconnected the I-Phone and shot him:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/T70%20Coyote2/T70%20Coyote.wmv

T70%20Coyote2a.jpg

Man, this FLIR T-70 is real real NICE!

I was on vacation in the RV to see my kids up in Chicago and Milwaukee and just got home last night, this dog and his buddies have been showing up around 10-12PM, so you know where I will be tonight!!!
grin.gif

Back