KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

I'd love a FLIR PTZ IR video camera,

http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/security/ptzcameras/

But I don't have a yacht to mount one on....
drool.gif

It is apparent that the FLIR T-70 was specifically designed around the ACOG/Specter DR day optics as it is a perfect complementary fit to both of these.

I am especially impressed with how light this unit it, it is as light as my T-50 with the magnesium body and much more slimmer, compact, and lower sitting on the rail.

The LaRue mount provide a solid lock up on the rail.

The controls are easy to access and simple to operate as well (more on this later).

T70%20ACOG%20Left.jpg

T70%20ACOG%20Right.jpg

T70%20Top.jpg

DO LIKE!
grin.gif

Got the Elcan Specter DR ready to rock and roll.

I just removed my ACOG TA02 LED and installed the Specter DR and co-witnessed it with the DBAL-D2 Visible Green Laser @ 200 yards.

Took two shots @ 200 yards to the lower left, adjusted, took two shots to the upper right, adjusted, took two shots over center and dropped elevation one notch.

Next target will be some hogs with the FLIR T-70 in front of the Specter DR!

Target.jpg

Sig%20716%20&%20Target.jpg

The lil brown truck made a delivery. TNVPVS 14 ITT tube multicam. Got my 2 other Excelis ITT PVS14 hand select tubes out and did a lil comparison. The TVNPVS was not a hand select, and besides the 2 microscopic specs at 10 o'clock and 8 o'clock along the outter edge completely out of my viewing area, I could see no difference. Another great NV devise TNVC has delivered to me. Thanks Vic and crew!

Originally Posted By: TannerlstIs that a varmint decoy in the truck sky pup ?

That is a coyote decoy with a rabbit decoy in it's mouth, works real good.

Here is the view through a 4X ACOG @ 250 yards (game came tree center is 175 yardes) in grey and in color:

ACOG%20Gray.jpg

ACOG%20Color.jpg

That is a squirrel on the ground at the base of the game cam tree.

Nailed two hogs rooting up the front yard tonight, both head shots with the FLIR T-70 Thermal and 4X ACOG TA02LED:

Head%20Shot1.jpg

Head%20Shot2.jpg

Head%20Shot3.jpg

FLIR T-70 is totally awesome!

Got those two hogs in the front yard and dumped the offal in the backyard after we cleaned them up last night, now it's crawling with coyotes, so will have the T-70 in action again tonight!

Game%20Cam%20Coyote.jpg

FLIR T-70 connects with another head shot @ 175 yards, will try to get some video out of the unit this weekend....

Backyard%20Sow.jpg

About 60% of the feral hogs here around the house are Yorkshire or Hampshire derivatives, the other 40% are older Spanish stock from centuries ago from the Conquistadors....

Here is a short 3 minute 48MB WMV file in native 4:3 aspect 720X480 pixel output directly from the FLIR T-70 just to visualize the various different pallet choices and magnifications.

The original file was an 85MB AVI file and was reduced to a 45MB WMV file, so lost about 1/2 the resolution.

Also I am viewing this through a 4X-32mm ACOG using its reticule, so everything is greatly enlarged from what you see in the video.

The deer is located approx. 175 yards from the thermal and the pond in the backyard of our house is about 225 yards across to the planted slash pine tree canopy.

Those of you who hunt with me will recognize every detail....

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/T70%20Videos/FLIR%20T70.wmv

Next video will be a kill video....

Forgot to mention that the FLIR T-70 thermal video was made one hour after sundown with the ground and trees still quite warm, humidity is about 60% and ambient temp is 70 degreed F., it is much better out now that the temp has dropped to 60 F., should be some heavy dew later on.

Back