KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Where we have our hog contact is a large State Park with lots and lots of wildlife on it, here is a photo of some wild horses and some wild bison that we see when we are out hunting wild hogs.

Paynes%20Prarie%20Bison.jpg

Paynes%20Prarie%20Horses.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThe 850nm IR filter is not quite ready for prime time.

Although it does eliminate the red glow from the IR LED, it also eliminates approximately 50% of the IR beam strength. So will have to try some lower range IR filters around 800-820nm.

It is going to be somewhat of a trade off though, either less red glow or less IR beam strength....

No magic, if it gets thru you will see it unless its over 980nm. Best to use only the lowest amount of ir needed to do the job, low power is less visible.

2 Polarized lenses will work to have a variable output beam.
With both filters lined up almost 100% light transmission. When one is rotated it will start blocking the light, when you get to 90 degrees it will be blocking 95%+ of the light. Works with visible light have not had time to try with ir light, do not get the circular polarized filters. Linear polarized filters are what I have tried.

Here is a link to explain the physics of what is happening.
light notes

It's all in the physics, from loading the ammo, building the suppressor, choosing the spectrum of light to observe, to eating the pork tenderloin ( which opens up the physics of redneck BBQ science, which some have perfected judging by the size of the cooks, larger is better)
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Have we found a sufficient NV set up for a shot gun? I'll have my PVS14 on my melon. I know some1 tested the Dbal IR laser and it didn't stand the recoil. What options do I have?

I thought it was the illuminator that couldn't take the recoil but the laser was fine. I know crimson trace makes the cmr 201 ir laser that is suppose to be shotgun recoil rated.

When I get the FLIR T-70 from TNVC next week, it is going in front of this Elcan Specter DR 1.25-6X-42mm scope on the SIG 716.

This should allow me to take full advantage of the range of the T-70 and the handloaded Barnes 130gr TSXs![:)]

SIG%20716%20Specter%20DR.jpg

Elcan%20Specter%20DR.jpg

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnHave we found a sufficient NV set up for a shot gun? I'll have my PVS14 on my melon. I know some1 tested the Dbal IR laser and it didn't stand the recoil. What options do I have?

Anyone have any experience with this set up.hiw does it hold up to a shotgun recoil.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCNot sure what the fuel part is, but we will announce as soon as it's ready. Simple. :)

Vic Thanks for the update. I've been patiently waiting unlike others is what I meant about fueling the fire, and thought I'd missed something. The posts were hot and heavy, and then like it fell dead is all....Glad to hear its still in the making.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI can't wait to try out the WASP in front of the Elcan Specter DR, it has a real nice NV reticule.... Yulp... Wantin to use my melon and Dbal-d2 rig for the close range.... And a WASP, not sure, which scope yet, for gettin out there.

Last edited:
I have got to be careful using my FoxPro Prairie Blaster as the gators come up out of the pond to the caller when they hear Rabbit Distress:

Game%20Cam%20gator.jpg

The Specter DR 1.25-6X-42mm ballistic reticule works very well with the SIG 716 and the FLIR T-50 thermal out past 225 yards @ 6X magnification, even with the 320 pixel core of the T-50.

As usual the real image is much better than my crummy pic shows:

Specter%20&%20SIG%20716.jpg

Specter%20Reticule%20T50.jpg

Back