KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

I have had my FLIR PS-32 stored in the safe at full charge for three months now and took it out to use it, it was still at full charge.

When I am actively using them, I charge them up as soon as I get home

BTW - One very precise 7.62mm Barnes 130 grain TSX @ 175 yards to ear in the pouring down rain right at sunset using the FLIR T-50 thermal puts down this 225 pound sow last night:

Sig%20716%20T50%20Hog.jpg

Sig%20716%20T50%20Hog2.jpg

The FLIR T-60 Thermal Clip-On is a solid performer too, as evidenced by this 150 pound sow that took a handloaded Barnes 70 grain TSX to the head today @ 225 yards in thick deep cover, no way could I see this hog without Thermal......

Sow%20T60.jpg

Sow%20Grapple.jpg

I have an old SIG 229 in .357SIG that is a great pistol but does not have the trigger rail for lasers.

I installed a Crimson Trace 0.7mW IR Laser and an internal guide rod LaserMax Red Laser as a backup for our hog hunting adventures.

It is loaded with 15 rounds of CorBon 125 grain 1,450fps 585 pounds of lead and rests in a Galco Miami Vice holster with two spare mags

SIG%20229%20CR%20IR.jpg

GALCO%20Miami%20Vice.jpg

Freakin' Awesome handgun!

As Da Man said, if I get a Versace sportcoat and a colored T-shirt, I'll be the best dressed hog hunter in the Florida swamps!
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupAs Da Man said, if I get a Versace sportcoat and a colored T-shirt, I'll be the best dressed hog hunter in the Florida swamps!
tt2.gif

LoL, yes you will!

The 850nm IR cutoff filter works very well, eliminating about 90% of the visible red emission from the LED, the 760nm IR cutoff filter only mutes the red about 5%.

The 30mm filter fits perfectly into the USGI 3X Magnifier that TNVC engineered for their TorchPro IR LED Illuminator, nice fit and lockup.

TorchPro%20&%20850nm%20Filter.jpg

Here is the TorchPro IR LED during the day with no filter, as you can see it is bright red directly looking into the emitter:

TorchPro%20No%20Filter.jpg

Here is the TorchPro IR LED during the day with the 850nm IR 30mm cutoff filter installed looking directly into the emitter, as you can see it is greatly muted out.

TorchPro%20With%20850nm%20Filter.jpg

I will scope it out tonight after dark and see if the IR has been affected any by the 850nm filter installation.

Just got off the phone with FLIR GS and my T-70 is currently on the production line and should be shipping out in the next ten days or so.

I also learned that the new FLIR T-65 project has been cancelled. This was to have been the installation of the new 640X512 17um core into the older T-50 housing as an upgrade from the older 320X240 T-50 model, however this project has been terminated by the engineering staff so that they could allocate 100% of these resources to the T-70 production line as they are experiencing heavy orders for the production of the T-70 thermal weapon sights.

And just so that everyone here knows and understands, the FLIR T-70 and T-75 are IDENTICAL except for the T-75 has the larger 100mm germanium objective lens and smaller FOV for target acquisition out past one thousand meters using .338 or .50 cal sniper rifles, something us civvy hog and coyote hunters would have no use for....

Hope to have my T-70 for my birthday
grin.gif

T50 took down another hog before dawn today, 185 yards and 285 pounds one handloaded Barnes 130gr TSX.

I have been after this dude for over a month now but he never showed up when I was ready for him, just left me lots of huge holes all over the property.

Yesterday afternoon I saw that he showed up at 6:30AM on the game cam, so stayed home from work to see if I could bust him.

Sure enough, he showed up before the sunrise about 6 AM.

Lots more where he came from, they are all over the place lately...

SIG%20716%20T50%20285lb%20Hog.jpg

285%20lbs.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupJust got off the phone with FLIR GS and my T-70 is currently on the production line and should be shipping out in the next ten days or so.

I also learned that the new FLIR T-65 project has been cancelled. This was to have been the installation of the new 640X512 17um core into the older T-50 housing as an upgrade from the older 320X240 T-50 model, however this project has been terminated by the engineering staff so that they could allocate 100% of these resources to the T-70 production line as they are experiencing heavy orders for the production of the T-70 thermal weapon sights.

And just so that everyone here knows and understands, the FLIR T-70 and T-75 are IDENTICAL except for the T-75 has the larger 100mm germanium objective lens and smaller FOV for target acquisition out past one thousand meters using .338 or .50 cal sniper rifles, something us civvy hog and coyote hunters would have no use for....

Hope to have my T-70 for my birthday
grin.gif

New T-70 shot...We've been testing out the newest entry to the clip-on thermal world.

TNVCsl_2337_zps74bc4bb0.jpg

The 850nm IR filter is not quite ready for prime time.

Although it does eliminate the red glow from the IR LED, it also eliminates approximately 50% of the IR beam strength. So will have to try some lower range IR filters around 800-820nm.

It is going to be somewhat of a trade off though, either less red glow or less IR beam strength....

Had some real excitement last night with that hog carcass.

Set up the FoxPro Prairie Blaster right before sundown in intermittent rain and started calling with a couple of female invitation howls and long howls. Had a group call back to me right before sundown. It was off and on rain, so I could only go out to my stand about every 30 minutes.

About 10:30 I pick up three thermal signatures on the FLIR LS64 coming out of the thick woods on the edge of the clearing about 275 yards out from me. Started Coyote Distress #3 and one split off and went left while the other two came in towards me.

At 125 yards out, I shot both of the pair coming in and knocked each one down (still had coyote distress playing on the e-caller), one ran into an alligator infested pond and the other hightailed it towards the woods.

As soon, as I shot both of them, the other one on the far side of the clearing about 175 yards out ran parallel to me and I knocked him down too, he got up and went into the woods.

It started raining again and I went out walking around with the thermal trying to find them, no luck after two outings in the rain, it was getting dark so I gave it up.

Got home from work and found this one on the edge of the clearing, apparently the other one that ran into the thick grass on the edge of the pond attacted three gators to him and he was ripped to shreds. The third one on the far side I have not found yet but will keep looking, probably find his skeleton in a week or two.

That was the first time I had hit three different coyotes at the same time! Pretty freaking exciting for me standing out in the dark rain...

T60%20Triple.jpg

The gators have been crawling out of the pond up to the hog carcass and ripping off chunks of it and dragging it back down to the pond, they had the entire pelvis dragged back down to the waters edge.

They like it nice and nasty and very well fermented....

Back