KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

No, the weapon mount that comes with it is not adjustable as it just clamps onto a rail, you can just adjust the beam from wide to tight. Don't know off hand of an adjustable mount for it but would have to measure the diameter of the instrument to figure that out....

Was sitting in the kitchen eating dinner and just finished and was washing the dishes in the kitchen sink, when I looked out the window and about 25 hogs were in my backyard in the twilight darkness. Ran over to the safe and dialed the combo and removed my SIG 716 7.62mm with FLIR T-50 Thermal and Barnes 130 grain handloads.

Slowly went outside with the FLIR LS-64 scanner and picked them up about 175 yards out. Got situated on my stand and was putting the ACOG crosshairs on one of the largest ones when suddenly two deer came running out from the side and stopped in the middle of the field. This black sow came running out about 100 yards to the deer and stopped right in front of them and the deer started snorting at the hog?

I figured I can take care of this for the deer, so put one Barnes 130 grain handloaded TSX through it ear.

BLACK HOG DOWN -> DRT!
icon_smile_big.gif

T50%20Backyard%20Sow2.jpg

T50%20Backyard%20Sow.jpg

I was on the prowl bigtime for the previous ten days or so with all the rooting sign all over the place, but they never did show up when I was ready for them. I invited my friends over to ambush them last Saturday morning at 6AM and told them to bring extra loaded magazines with them, we waited for three hours and nothing happened but the usual deer and coons and rabbits.

Then, yesterday it was 95*F + and muggy as all get out and I thought to myself, I am just going to take it easy and relax.

I was just enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee after dinner, and next thing I know I am up past midnight slinging hog guts....more bald eagles and coyotes to come next probably...

That is when they showed up....figures!
cursing.gif

Life must be he77 when u can't even take a dinner off cause slayin hogs is more important. I know how u feel skypup, I like to take advantage of every opportunity too!

Now that I got the adapter for the Torch Pro from TNVC, I tried using my 720nm IR cutoff lens to reduce the red glow from the 850nm IR LED emitter, it still glows red fairly well with the 720nm IR filter though.

So, I ordered a 760nm IR filter to see if that takes care of the red glow without affecting the superb IR beam from the Torch Pro, will try it out later on this week when I get it.

I also ordered an 850nm IR cutoff filter too but it may reduce the IR beam too much, will see.....

760nm Ir filter

keep us posted, spooked 3 coyotes the other night from a blind as they where putting the sneek on a hog feeder, I know my lens cap hit the window of the blind but they saw a glow and hooked but out of there before I could get a shot

The deer and the coyotes can definitely see the red glow on my IR night game cam photos as I can see them looking at the camera quite often. I changed my game cam out to a BLACK IR night shot version and they can NO LONGER see any red (because there is none visible any longer with the black IR version game cam) and they no longer are glancing over at the game cam when it snaps their photo at night. The hogs do not ever seem to care any about the red light glow of the night cam going off as I have shot dozens and dozens of them right there without a care in the world.

850nm IR LEDs do put out a low levels of visible red light in the 700-720nm spectrum of dark red that they can detect, abet at low levels, however that often is enough for them to freak out.

I am working on using an IR cutoff filter to eliminate all visible red glow completely and still get the strong IR beam out of the very strong TNVC Torch-Pro IR Illuminator and will let you know what I discover. So far, a 720nm IR cutoff filter does not completely eliminate the red glow in the LED itself, so am trying out other filters until I find one that works.

TNVC now sells an adapter to use the USGI 3X Magnifier with the TorchPro, this same adapter takes a 30mm IR filter that fits flush with the reflector housing and enables the use of an IR cutoff filter to get rid of the red glow with this unit.

3X%20Kit.jpg

This will 100% completely eliminate any and all instrument intrusion into our night hunting adventures, allowing total stealth

Here is another reason to invest in night vision to kill coyotes.

This fawn was freshly killed by a pack of howling coyotes, we heard them howling while walking out to put some corn in our feeders and came upon this, they ate the heart first....

Coyote%20Kill%20Web.jpg

Quick question.. I'm puttin the gear away til it cools down.... Should I drain the battery down on my FLIR ps32 b4 I put it away ? It's gonna b 3 months or so till I start hunting again. Battery's are out of all the other NV gear.

Back