KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThe DBALs do not come with a density filter on then OEM, but it is difficult to tell the difference just by looking at them since the filter is totally black itself.

If you turn on the DBAL IR laser with the filter cap on and you can see the IR laser muted down to about 0.1mW instead of 0.7mW, then you know you have the IR density filter installed.

Here is another gratuitous picture of the Memorial weekend backyard hog:

Hanging%20Hog.jpg

I have a new drawing next time I play the "hangman" game with my boy! Nice pic! LoL

VIc

In what situation would I use my ps32 insta alert 2x and 3x ? I've tried them on different stands and the heat signatures start running together. Can some1 give me a couple specific situations?

Originally Posted By: Loggers InnIn what situation would I use my ps32 insta alert 2x and 3x ? I've tried them on different stands and the heat signatures start running together. Can some1 give me a couple specific situations?

If instalert does not work switch to another mode. Ambient temperatures and latent heat signatures in various types of terrain or foliage will require you to switch to different modes as the temps drop thru the night.

You have to adapt. It only takes a few seconds to cycle the buttons and try different modes. I use instalert about 1/3 of the time I scan.

If I am using it, I switch after spotting a critter to a black/white mode to get a more defined picture of the target instead of a red blob.

Last edited:
It seems the 2x starts bringing out the heat off the foliage and it's harder to pick out details, and 3x is like wow, everything just blends together. I'm just wondering how I would use them because I haven't found the situation yet. I've never really used white/black or black/white, my finger always goes to 1x insta alert

I normally use the lowest possible insta-alert (1-4)for basic scanning, then when I pick up something interesting I use white and black hot to try to ID it and move closer. If insta-alert picks up something at 1X, I try magnifying @ 2X for a closer look and then change out the view.

It all depends on the ambient weather conditions and how much it has cooled down after dark. Best is after a shower that has cooled everything down and the environment is one mono-temperature.

I should've figured it was a magnification.. Makes sence now. I thought u could only magnify with the the magnification button, so insta alert has its own magnification which is the 2x-3x, I understand now, excuse the brain fart, thanks guys!!

Those of you that are using long range NV Scopes or Clip Ons are really going to like this improvement for the TNVC Torch Pro IR Illuminator, an adapter that allows you to screw on a USGI 3X Magnifier to REALLY reach out and light your target up.

This simple adapter screws over the adjustable focusable objective aspheric lens of the Torch Pro, allowing you to then screw your 3X Magnifier securely onto the end for precise IR targeting beam that will easily distance a kilometer.

I have not taken any NV photos of this wicked setup at night yet, but soon will. In the meantime, here is the simple way to make a major improvement to your Torch Pro IR Illuminator:

3X%20Kit.jpg

Torch%20Pro%203X%20Mag.jpg

Torch%20Pro%203X%20Front.jpg

interesting! you should compare it to your 4.5x too. I would prefer to use it hand held. my rifle is heavy enough.
laugh.gif

where do you get the 3x adapter?

TNVC worked up the adapter, it is similar to a camera lens adapter and fits nice and tight. Really makes for a nice and tight beam too.

The adapter has been made for quite some time now and will retail for $24.95. Blame me for not getting this out there as we've been so busy with other projects.
smiley_smartass.gif
They are (have been) IN STOCK and Clasky will have them on the web site shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Vic

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCThe adapter has been made for quite some time now and will retail for $24.95. Blame me for not getting this out there as we've been so busy with other projects.
smiley_smartass.gif
They are (have been) IN STOCK and Clasky will have them on the web site shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Vic

been waiting to hear this, got some 500 yards coyotes I want to shoot

Originally Posted By: the impactzoneOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCThe adapter has been made for quite some time now and will retail for $24.95. Blame me for not getting this out there as we've been so busy with other projects.
smiley_smartass.gif

Vic

been waiting to hear this, got some 500 yards coyotes I want to shoot

If anybody can use this to their advantage -> You Certainly Can!!!!
grin.gif

I got some hot 87gr V-max that shoot 5 shot 3/4 groups at 100 and just the place in mind, problem is they blow primers every 3rd shot. LOL Time to set my steel coyote out at 500 and start practicing

I will try and get some long range NV photos of the Torch Pro with the 3X Magnifier on it later this week after the rain breaks, we have had some terrific thunderstorms and hail almost daily for the last ten day, but the flowers are all blooming like mad and the grass in the horse pasture looks the best it has in years!
grin.gif

I'll have to take the 3X Torch Pro IR out into the cattle pasture to get some representative photos out past a kilometer as the range on this thing is serious, my backyard 175 yard shooting stand will not do it justice....

Told the game warden about some bear tracks we've been picking up around one of our hog feeders, so they set up a trap to catch him.

The bear also seems to like pork too, as we found this freshly killed hog next to the trap when we caught him, he'd broken the hog's back with one bite....

Bear%20Trapped.jpg

Bear%20Hog.jpg

He was tranquilized and taken to Ocala National Forest for release....

Finally went out into the cattle pasture to get some NV photos of the TorchPro IR Illuminator with the 3X Magnifier attached compared to the LDI SPIR. The large live oak tree is approximately 300 yards out from the PVS-14 MonoCam. As you can see, the SPIR is super powerful and the TorchPro with the 3X is more concentrated. Both the SPIR and the Torch Pro were dialed down to their most concentrated mode to focus them as tight as possible.

3x%20Mag%20TorchPro%20&%20SPIR%20Visible.jpg

3x%20Mag%20TorchPro%20&%20SPIR.jpg

3x%20Mag%20TorchPro%20&%20SPIR%20NV%20300%20Yards.jpg

Great photos! Seems like you can cover a large area with the SPIR.

I am sure you are aware of this SkyPup, but I want to note to other members that don't have NV yet. The SPIR might be brighter than the Torch pro or any another device or vice versa but one might look better, or cleaner, or target appears better when you are looking through your scope/dedicated/day scope with pvs-14 etc and getting read to shoot under your hunting location and conditions. so keep that in mind.

What model(battery version) spir is that?

The SPIR takes two CR123 batteries, it is super powerful similar to the DBAL-D2 IR Illum.

I had to concentrate both of the beams due to excessive washout on the foreground out in front of me.

It was a heavy overcast low cloud night with 1/4 moon, the illumination behind the live oak trees are city lights bouncing off the cloud cover about ten miles out.

Keep in mind this was with an unmagnified PVS-14, to really appreciate the impressive power these two IR Illums you would have to have a NV scope or NV clip-on.

I bet they would really make a GEN I or GEN II NV scope REALLY come alive too....

Is the SPIR adjustable? I don't mean to focus wide or tight, but for windage / elevation to put the beam when you are looking?

It would be interesting to know how it might work with a Gen 1 scope.

Back