New Guy from Pa

6.4stroke

Hey guys I'm starting to get into coyote hunting I have a few questions. Does anyone kno if you allowed to night hunt coyotes on state gamelands. What's calls do u guys recommend. I was looking at the howa axiom .243 for a coyote gun and putting a coyote light on it. Any input is appreciated thanks.

Yes you can hunt at night on SGL....but you can t hunt on a state park at night...hours are sunup to sunset in State parks....and Welcome to the site....I'm also from Pa....and also shooting a 243 and do some coyote hunting in sillivan county and also here in southeast Pa....

Thanks guys. I'm actually from Sullivan county that where going to do the majority of my hunting have u had any luck in Sullivan county?

Well lets just say their there.....my buddy has some property off 487 and ive hunted there..but no kills yet...but I expect to connect late summer...right now we re leaving them alone to let them raise the pups....Rusty

Originally Posted By: 6.4strokeHey guys I'm starting to get into coyote hunting I have a few questions. Does anyone kno if you allowed to night hunt coyotes on state gamelands. What's calls do u guys recommend. I was looking at the howa axiom .243 for a coyote gun and putting a coyote light on it. Any input is appreciated thanks.

Welcome to the forums! I'm also a PA guy. Im from the SW part of the state. In my area the hunting is ridiculously tough but it is possible. I've only ever called up a yote 1 time in maybe 150+ stands. Foxes are abundant in my area though and I've had decent success with them. IMO stay away from some of the sounds that come standard on the FoxPros. They are well overused. Try new things and find out your own secrets of predator hunting. good luck and have fun!

Originally Posted By: 6.4strokewhat are the regulations on foxes?
You must have a furtakers license here in Pa to hunt fox. Also there is a season on them, from the middle of October to the middle of February.

Back