A day of dens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree JB, the reality is a group like stop coyote killing contests in New Mexico- takes these exact pictures and spreads them across all their contacts and uses them to attack our hunting rights and portrays us as ruthless killers....Im glad you helped the rancher....dont care how many or age.....dont think I would post pics though....good hunting and good callin, Al

^^^^^^^ I agree. Don't care how old they are. A dead predator is a good predator. I do however believe that posting pictures of dead pups is in bad taste.

Originally Posted By: Jabey9210I thought we call ourselves predator hunters? What I really don't get that is if it was 4 months later say in October nobody would have a problem with shooting those same coyotes.

One thing for sure, they're a whole lot easier to kill at that age than they are with an additional 4 months of life experience under their fur.

Predator hunters indeed.

So what happens when we post pictures of adult coyotes ?? They use those!! What happens when we quit postin kill pics perio and only post stories?? They will take out words out of context and use those
To spread their propaganda. I am not ashamed of what I like to do which is hunt predators. Big, small, black, white, brown and so on. The antis want hunting stopped regardless of what we post or don't post. Me personally I will not give them the satisfaction of a small victory for Them by not posting pictures of a successful day of predator control regardless of age. Mr. Morris do you not think they use the videos you and others have made to show this "cruel" "savage" "senseless killing" of "cute and cuddly" PREDATORS?? Post a picture of an OLD manged out coyote on its last leg in the middle of winter with a bullet hole and calling story and they wills till see it as "cruel" "savage" ect. This is my personal opinion. Call me tasteless or whatever you want I won't give those liberal tofu eating bunny hugging asshats an inch by sensoring my posts. I will refrain graphic photos to respect those who don't like seeing the gore and to stay inline with the rules but everything else is fair game in my book. I think sometimes as hunters we forget that if we were in line at the store when said liberals walked by and heard "purchase" and "hunting license" they would judge you on the spot regardless of who you were! By the way this post was never meant to go this route but its good to
See there are other folks who know where I'm comin from

Last edited:
Most people understand shooting adult coyotes because they read stories or hear on the news about coyote attacks on people, children and animals, coyote puppies don't attack or hurt anything. The folks in NM were not trying to stop coyote hunting just the fact that it was turned into a competition/game, killing for numbers instead of for a reason, pelts/control.

Take it a step farther, deer hunting, you start shooting fall fawns and your buddies will be all over your case. What the heck, they're going to grow up to be big deer anyway. You sure wouldn't post pictures on the internet of the fawns you killed.

One step further nobody is in a uproar over the death of a bunch of Mujahideen terrorists, but start killing a bunch of Muslim children because they might grow up to be terrorists, will get the whole world in an uproar and you get a good chance at getting the death sentence.

Babies of a species and children have a very special place in peoples hearts.

As I said before, sometimes you have to take care of problem animals, posting pictures of dead puppies and bragging about it on the internet is in poor taste.

Last edited:
So now your siding with the antis on banning tournaments?? Did you ever consider the fact that some tournaments are held to give hunters incentive to go out and thin out the overpopulated coyotes?? You ask a deer hunter who normally doesn't predator hunt if he wants to thin em out he may say no. You tell him there's money or prizes involved and you got a solution to a population problem. Again I ask you DO YOU THINK THE ANTIS CARE HOW OLD THE COYOTES, DEER, MOOSE, COUGAR ECT. Are??? Nope they don't. And agreeing with them is the reason why we can't hunt with dogs. Because sportsmen who didnt agree with it didnt back up their fellow sportsmen on the issue. They aren't called anti baby animal hunting or anti contest hunting or anti over huntin. They are ANTI HUNTERS!!!

And if deer were vicious calf ravishing chicken coop raiding, making lunch of people's pets, (AKA a predator) you bet your butt I would shoot them big or little.

Last edited:
But from now on ill be sure to only post pictures of middle aged bachelor coyotes and tell you all they were goin through midlife crisis and on the verge of suicide. That way everyone's happy.

Originally Posted By: AWS

One step further nobody is in a uproar over the death of a bunch of Mujahideen terrorists, but start killing a bunch of Muslim children because they might grow up to be terrorists, will get the whole world in an uproar and you get a good chance at getting the death sentence.

Babies of a species and children have a very special place in peoples hearts.

Of course they would be in an uproar because those children "MIGHT" grow up to be terrorists. Those pups on the other hand "WILL" grow up to be predators!!!

And as for babies of a species. Like I stated before if you came across a nest of baby black widows would you wait until they grow up to kill them just because they are still babies? I think not so what's the difference between baby spiders and baby coyotes? Nothing they are both just a species that pray on another species to survive!!!

Logic and reason often are thrown out the window, and emotion takes over in situations like this.

If I kill a deer, I don't have to strap it to the hood of my trucks and drive all over town with it. Do I have the right to? Sure. Should I? Probably not.

A lot of big game hunters get all bent out of shape when someone shoots an immature buck for "meat". Or they frown on a "city slicker" who brings in a nubbin buck or even worse spotted fawn to the processor and says "at least I got some meat".

The same people who protest against capital punishment are often the same ones who protest for abortion on demand. Figure that one out.

If a person does not see the harm in posting such pictures, then they just don't get it, or want to get it.

I can cut my nose off to spite my face all day long. And at the end of the day, all I have is a big gaping hole in my face.

1. Never mentioned once that I am in favor of banning tournaments, I brought up the fact that the protester weren't for banning coyote hunting they were protesting the fact that it is a game/competition.

2. Deer are vicious garden raiding ungulate, I've personally been attacked by two more deer than coyotes.

3. I don't know of any tournaments held in May, June and July for the reason the last thing a tournament wants is dead puppies and lactating bitches on the check-in pile.

4. The reason we can't hunt coyotes with dogs in WA is that hound hunters continued to run cats using the excuse that they were running coyotes. The antis never banned dogs on coyotes.

5. Anti's are only a small segment of the population and nothing we can do will placate them. It is the large segment of the population that is neither an anti or a hunter that we need to reach out to, not offend.

6. Posting pictures middle aged coyotes sounds great, even better if they would have a half eaten poodle in there mouth.

Last edited:
Quote:I brought up the fact that the protester weren't for banning coyote hunting they were protesting the fact that it is a game/competition.

This is the same group that showed up to protest or annual PM hunt, and it is not a contest. So don't be fooled that they only oppose contest hunts. They oppose all coyote hunting on public land.

Originally Posted By: AWSSometimes you have to go out and take care of some problems. Bragging all over the internet about something that is pretty offensive to a lot of people is in poor taste. At least one of the other sights pulled the pics of the dead pups.

This is just the kind of things that libs in your home state can use to set seasons on coyotes, restrict e-callers and night hunting. We've already lost the use of decoy dogs, hounds or even just having your bird dog along on a coyote hunt.

Originally Posted By: AWS1. Never mentioned once that I am in favor of banning tournaments, I brought up the fact that the protester weren't for banning coyote hunting they were protesting the fact that it is a game/competition.

2. Deer are vicious garden raiding ungulate, I've personally been attacked by two more deer than coyotes.

3. I don't know of any tournaments held in May, June and July for the reason the last thing a tournament wants is dead puppies and lactating bitches on the check-in pile.

4. The reason we can't hunt coyotes with dogs in WA is that hound hunters continued to run cats using the excuse that they were running coyotes. The antis never banned dogs on coyotes.

5. Anti's are only a small segment of the population and nothing we can do will placate them. It is the large segment of the population that is neither an anti or a hunter that we need to reach out to, not offend.

6. Posting pictures middle aged coyotes sounds great, even better if they would have a half eaten poodle in there mouth.

So did they or didnt they ban dogs on coyotes there sparky?! You seem
To have contradicting statements

Last edited:
I must be making progress, the only thing I got blasted for was I forgot to finish a sentence.

"This is just the kind of things that libs in your home state can use to set seasons on coyotes, restrict e-callers and night hunting. We've already lost the use of decoy dogs, hounds or even just having your bird dog along on a coyote hunt", WE DON'T NEED TO LOSE ANYMORE.

I kinda like SPARKY might have to change my handle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yotehunter243If you don't like it move on. Doggin I think you just sit around waiting on posts to argue with people on. Thats about all your posts are.

I think that's his job, but most of his post are funny. At first I thought DC was just in a bad mood all the time and like to argue but he is a lot like Bob Newhart. He is funny and he delivers a lot of valueable info to people who need it. A lot of people on public forums are offended by others opinions but that's why I love America---we are free to express ourselves.

Yote Yoda USMC

Quote:I thought we call ourselves predator hunters? What I really don't get that is if it was 4 months later say in October nobody would have a problem with shooting those same coyotes. Makes no sense to me. If you find a nest of killer bees or a bunch of baby black widows in your back yard are you gonna wait until they grow up and look and act like adult killer bees and black widows before you kill them or are you gonna dispose of them no matter how old they are? If you would kill those baby spiders but throw stones at someone who kills young coyotes I'm sorry sir that makes you a HYPOCRITE!!!!!

I call myself a predator hunter.

You ask what difference is it if it was 4 months later.

Too many in this sport it makes a huge difference. Although we all tout the benefit of predator control and the need to keep coyote numbers in check which helps fawn and turkey survival and recruitment and also saves the occasional “fluffy” the pet dog or cat. Many are in this sport because of the “sport". Many have no desire to kill every last coyote or exterminate them off the face of the planet. To many very seasoned and experienced coyote hunters it’s more about the challenge of the hunt. They don’t hunt during the denning and raising of the pup time period, however they spend every available weekend September to March matching whit’s with the trickster, selecting the stand location, enduring the cold winter air or freezing rain, mastering the stand, producing the vocals be it distress or communicative howls, enticing the animal into range, demonstrating solid field craft from utilizing the natural camouflage of a bush or a rock pile to being fully aware of the direction of a fickle breeze.. Sometimes success, many times failure.. To many that’s the essence of Predator Hunting and Sporting and Ethical. That's why some take offense to the pictures of dead pups on a den as depicting predator hunting or predator hunters, or sporting in general– It’s not the type of predator hunting the vast majority participates in.

There are selfish reasons as well, shooting 2 or 3 pups in a den means 2 or 3 less targets to match whit’s with late winter – shooting pups in a den is just not viewed as very “sporting”, "a challenge" or “ethical” to many predator hunters.

I don’t need to be schooled or educated on legitimate ADC work during calving operations or in sheep pastures. I fully support the need for it any time of the year.

However, hero pictures of dead pups at a den site, with its skull cap blown off does not depict predator hunting to me, it depicts ADC work.

The pictures fuel the anti crowd and their campaigns to limit seasons, coyote hunting contests, and hunting in general. It wasn’t too long ago someone posted a picture here of a heavily pregnant [beeep] coyote who had been shoot and had 4 or 5 spontaneous aborted near term pup fetuses all lined up in a nice straight row, I guess to some it made a cool hero shot. I say pictures of this ilk are nothing but ammo for our mutual enemies to use against us. Why give them ammo?

Quote:Like I stated before if you came across a nest of baby black widows would you wait until they grow up to kill them just because they are still babies? I think not so what's the difference between baby spiders and baby coyotes? Nothing they are both just a species that pray on another species to survive!!!

Why do you bother hunting? If you equate a pup coyote to nothing more than killing a baby spider and see no distinction or difference in the killing of one or the other. Why get up in the morning and drive 30 miles to a stand in an attempt to shoot one if it’s a meaningless quarry or challenge – no better no worse then a bug. You apparently have no respect for the animal or the effort required to harvest it? I wouldn’t drive 30 miles to step on a spider. Killing pups on a den is not hunting or in the tradition of hunting ethics most predator hunters subscribe to.

I say dead pup pictures on a den have no place on a forum whose stated purpose is to “promote the SPORT of predator calling, wildlife conservation issues, and defending our hunting heritage.” The moderators need to refamilurize their self with the stated goal of this forum, or revise the current stated purpose statement to include. “Extermination of coyotes, and provide our adversaries ammunition to regulate, limit, and eliminate our predator hunting opportunities.”

I guess that makes me a hypocrite as well.

AP Jones
AllPredatorCalls.com

The subject of killing pups, in or out of their dens will always be a very hotly debated subject.

Posting pictures of such activity even more so.

Predator Masters exists to promote the sport of Predator Hunting and to help educate those newer members just beginning in the sport. Not to provide ammunition for the large amount of Anti-Hunting organizations whose sole purpose is to demonize our sport.

It is the position of Predator Masters that such photos will be removed from the board for obvious reasons.

Jeff Mock

I have hunted coyotes year round as the season is.
At times set out to find active dens and shoot the pups with my camera. Often the adults show for a pose too.
some seasons have been changed with the help of press coverage.It seems the the most recent season change/cut was bear season citing concerns of risks of multiple user groups getting shot. Which happened.
Dont like to see coyote season put in bad light as it is a long one with more acceptance and chances opening up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back