KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Having NV & Thermal sure helps when you are walking around at night hunting coyotes and hogs and you come up on this thermally glowing log on the ground in front of you in the rain.....

Kanapaha%20Gator2.jpg

Kanapaha%20Gator.jpg

Finally ordered a Gemtech SandStorm 7.62mm suppressor and adapter for use on the 5.56mms too! Maybe I'll have it by the end of this year?

You should. It's a 6 1/2 mth wait. I should have a form 1 coming in today or Tuesday. Going to make a can, under 100$ including muzzle brake for a blast deflector. Draw back is its going to be heavy vs inconel and titanium made one. The key is volume and disrupting the flow of hot gasses. But like anything the higher $$$ ones are much lighter and sound difference is not much louder. You will like the follow up shots, making double taps, and hogs have no clue where shot is coming from if the can is designed right ie..no visible flash at night
laugh.gif

I have found with my limited time behind one that they often hear the sonic crack eco off the trees and land scape behind them or the impact on target, and scatter, had 5 coyotes come in and run in all direction, got 2 of them, nephew shot 4 hogs the other night one ran towards us as he kept shooting and the noise down range and behind him was louder, killed him to , silly hog

Originally Posted By: the impactzoneI have found with my limited time behind one that they often hear the sonic crack eco off the trees and land scape behind them or the impact on target, and scatter, had 5 coyotes come in and run in all direction, got 2 of them, nephew shot 4 hogs the other night one ran towards us as he kept shooting and the noise down range and behind him was louder, killed him to , silly hog

Use the sound of the sonic boom from the bullet to scare them away from woods or get then to go in different direction. I have shot over them to get them to run the other direction.

Was not on hog patrol in the backyard last night as I took the wife out to celebrate our 23rd anniversary at the Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, however, when I got back home the driveway was all rooted up!

Hog.jpg

Will be on the prowl tonight with thermals and NV....

Skypup, Looks like you got him at the 'bacon tree.' Just returned from a restful week in PR and plan to get out next week for the first time in months.

Got some new gear and can't wait to try it out as long as my back holds out.

I'm keeping an eye out on my "Bacon Tree" as that rootin tootin hog is on my "To Do" list, but always happy to take out a song dog or two in the process....
crazy.gif
grin.gif

HaHa, that boar did not get away. Nice ending to a great Memorial Day weekend.
grin.gif

Saw him near the game cam tonight @ 175 yards with the FLIR thermal and put one Barnes 70 grain TSX through his lungs.

He made it about 150 feet and died. The shields on this dude were a solid inch thick when we took out the loins for a BBQ party next weekend, each loin weighed 10 pounds....

Hog%20Grapple.jpg

Scale%20350%20lbs.jpg

Dom%20Backstraps.jpg

Me%20&%20Hanging%20Hog.jpg

It looks like you have some hogs that are not that far out (generation wise) from domesticated ones. Are they any better eating than, say a black one with more 'wild' features, of the same size?

If I shot a boar that size, he'd probably be 100% coyote bait. Good shooting, as always.

Actually, the feral hogs compared to the wild Spanish hogs, do taste better, must be due to improved genetic stock.

However, one that big no matter what genetics it has is going to taste not good, probably just due to age, hormones, and diet. The older they get, the more carnivorous they get....

On this one, we just took the loins as I know from previous experience on one this big that the hams and shoulders are just bad. Loins were ten pounds each and for a BBQ party this weekend, so will see. But the best eating hogs are 125-225 pounds....

Does anyone know if any of the dbal i2 came with density filters already on them? ...the density filter i just received in the mail looks just like the cover already on the dbal i2 ir laser.

mine did not come with a filter. I have since added one. it should be easy to tell on yours. if your old cap when closed lets the ir beam through it should be a filter. if you see nothing when it's closed it's just a cover. it makes it more pinpoint with the filter. I like it.

The DBALs do not come with a density filter on then OEM, but it is difficult to tell the difference just by looking at them since the filter is totally black itself.

If you turn on the DBAL IR laser with the filter cap on and you can see the IR laser muted down to about 0.1mW instead of 0.7mW, then you know you have the IR density filter installed.

Here is another gratuitous picture of the Memorial weekend backyard hog:

Hanging%20Hog.jpg

It really is nice to have the bloom muted down and not have to use the IR Illuminator to cut the bloom down, plus you don't have to remember to remove the cap to use the IR laser on low power, it is like a high and low switch.Originally Posted By: Mr Benellithanks. cant wait to try it out.

Back