KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Thanks for the pics and reviews! The pics allow each person to decide if that's what they want for the $$$ vs spend the $$$ and not like it. I have a ghetto $35 780nm focusable laser module in a mini mag light (2xAA batts last a mth) and so far have not seen any of the ir lights that can touch it as far as range @175 yds its full fov using the 4.5x lens or else it is very bright. Without the pics I would have no idea how well any of the illuminators performed. For me the cost vs performance is the main hurdle or the can I build it for a fraction of the cost
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Shurshot
SkyPup said:
The Torch Pro is a much better buy that is for sure, but this will have it's use on another NV rifle setup I am putting together to work in conjunction with the TNVC WASP Clip-On NV.

Shurshot said:
I appreciate your posting of these products and don't appreciate someone else making an issue out of it. If someone thinks it's not for them, fine. But there is no need to act like a child unless they are just that.

Shurshot,

I wasn't trying to pick a fight , it looks as if you may be?

This board is for agreements and disagreements, I DISAGREE with a $500+ IR that is not as nice as a $250 IR, He (SKYPPUP)said it himself!

I was merely trying to see how a $500+ unit compares to a $250 unit that is supposedly better, why anyone would pay that kind of money for an item twice as expensive and not the same amount of power!

It puzzles me is all!

Look, I posted the SPIR and lots of other information on my equipment not for anyone in specific, but for anyone non-specifically.

If you like it or don't like it, that is fine with me, it is still my equipment and I still am going to enjoy using it no matter what anyone says about it....

No bad vibes were intended for anyone who read any of my posts, sorry if anyone thought it is some kind of setup and I am employed (getting paid) by someone to post my reviews about my equipment?

Originally Posted By: SkyPupLook, I posted the SPIR and lots of other information on my equipment not for anyone in specific, but for anyone non-specifically.

If you like it or don't like it, that is fine with me, it is still my equipment and I still am going to enjoy using it no matter what anyone says about it....

No bad vibes were intended for anyone who read any of my posts, sorry if anyone thought it is some kind of setup and I am employed (getting paid) by someone to post my reviews about my equipment?

Fair enough Thom!

I was only inquiring about the performance and cost versus the Torch Pro. I as in "Me" don't see the value or performance in the SPIR versus the Torch. I have a Torch and would have been very interested in the Spir, but, not at $500.00 plus when i already have something equal to or greater! I thought that "I" too was entitled to my input.

You buy it, use it and send out your review(s) whether good or bad which is appreciated!

Happy hunting!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, not a problem. Quite often it is difficult to communicate properly in words on the internet as anyone reading it thinks it was written to and for them, which is not the case....

I am going to try that SPIR out as a helmet mount IR Illum this weekend as I already have DBAL-D2 with same IR LED on two of my other rifles and the one with the DBAL-I2 has the Torch-Pro.

I am thinking in the long run that the SPIR will end up on my new build with the WASP NV Clio-On in front of my day optic scope.

Kevin, I certainly was not trying to pick a fight... If I were to, there would be no mistake about it, but that is not what I did.

I simply meant that your response was uncalled for and I did not appreciate it. that's it. I said what I had to say and its over now. enough said.

This thread contains allot of dynomite information in one place that I hoped would be a repository for those that need this kind of information and are searching for it.

Let's keep it that way.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThis thread contains allot of dynomite information in one place that I hoped would be a repository for those that need this kind of information and are searching for it.

Let's keep it that way.
cool.gif

+1

BTW, I am the one paying for all the bandwith for my own equipment/hunting photos and movies that are downloaded tens of thousands of times....at no charge to anyone.

why no can yet Skypup?
smile.gif
I ordered one today so it will be a while before I can lay my hands on it. 4 week till I get to test it out, then the 6 month wait. the guy I am getting it from demonstrated one on his .308 and it made a huge difference!

Originally Posted By: Shurshotwhy no can yet Skypup?
smile.gif
I ordered one today so it will be a while before I can lay my hands on it. 4 week till I get to test it out, then the 6 month wait. the guy I am getting it from demonstrated one on his .308 and it made a huge difference!

ShurShot, I certainly do NEED a can, especially for the 7.62mm,it is way too loud for some of the places we are putting down hogs.

I want to get one light weight titanium suppressor in 7.62 that I can use on all four of my NV rifles, 5.56mm and 7.62mm.

I have the Trust all setup, just have not done anything about it. Maybe I will give the local gun shop a call tomorrow about this, thanks for reminding me.

Haha, they might work as confidence decoys to get them into a trap, but outside of that don't know how well they might work?

Originally Posted By: SkyPup
ShurShot, I certainly do NEED a can, especially for the 7.62mm,it is way too loud for some of the places we are putting down hogs.

I want to get one light weight titanium suppressor in 7.62 that I can use on all four of my NV rifles, 5.56mm and 7.62mm.

I have the Trust all setup, just have not done anything about it. Maybe I will give the local gun shop a call tomorrow about this, thanks for reminding me.
TBAC 30-p1 suppressor is what you need skypup:
It will be used on my 20x45 to my 7-08.
http://thunderbeastarms.com/products/30p-1
Just sent the ATF my paperwork....now the looooong wait.
Its nice they are only 5 blocks from my place.

Back