KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

We cleaned up all five of them and everything is on ice. What a job that was but everything looked pretty good.

We were absolutely totally soaked through and through, it started raining when we got out there before sundown and did not stop, only got worse.

Good thing all our gear is waterproof. When I got home I held my wife's hair dryer on my rifle for about twenty minutes to heat it up and dry it out and then soaked everything liberally with WD-40, will take it down this weekend and clean out the receiver and bore.

It was allot of fun being out in the dark in the rain, only wish I had had a rain suit with me....
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCThe Game Wardens must love you!
grin.gif
My guess you know most of them!

Vic

Vic, we have turned the FWC officers onto many new NV/Thermal things that they did not even know existed, they are lucky to be able to check out a used scratched up pair of PVS-7 goggles......but yeah they are great folks to work with!

I have spoke with the Rural Sheriff's Deputies on the phone to let them know when and where we are operating at night because sometimes we are adjacent to high end subdivisions that are getting attacked by herds of wild hogs, I am waiting for the time that they actually come up on us at night out on a hunt....should be interesting. Even though we are licensed and well documented, I am sure they are going to flip out when they see us.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupWord to Hogs:

Resistance is futile...

Just wait until I get my Next Generation night vision/thermal fusion equipment sorted out......

BORG.jpg

scared.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupHere is one of my three night vision/thermal hog/coyote gun rigs:
Me%20&%20Flir%20T60B.jpg

You NEED more lights on yer skull!
To much weight up there for my usages. I need to KISS out here.
Whats the total weight on the helmet set up?
Im wondering how the heck I could even stay warm with a helmet unit when its freezing out here calling from Oct. to May even though Im body warm & bundled the head losses the most heat.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: SkyPupWord to Hogs:
Resistance is futile...
Just wait until I get my Next Generation night vision/thermal fusion equipment sorted out......
BORG.jpg

You will have to change your site name to...SKYBORGpup if that ever happens....:)

The helmet with all my gear weighs about four pounds, about the same as my Shoei full face motorcycle helmet, but you can always instantly take whatever off the Team Wendy helmet that you don't need or want to carry. The helmet itself is super light weight carbon fiber.

It has plenty of room due to the nice liner and Boa closure setup to include a skull cap to keep your head warm, however I often use the skull cap to absorb perspiration and keep sweat from rolling down into my eyes as usually it is hot as [beeep] here and extremely humid in the swamps of Florida.

This LDI SPIR (Special Purpose LED IR Illuminator) is one sweet setup, very professional looking & feeling design with excellent ergonomics, comes complete with weapon mount, remote, & batteries.

Weight is 9.8 ounces complete with weapon clip-on mount and remote switch, runs on two CR-123 in a side by side installation, so cannot run 18650 Li rechargeables in it.

The unit appears to be waterproof and the battery installation receptacle is rubber sealed with a clip open-close switch. There is a Hi (600mW) and Low (300mW) selector switch for the IR beam.

I'll try taking some NV pics of it with the NV MonoCam tonight but I believe it is about full moon, so don't really need any IR Illum...

SPIR%20&%20Box.jpg

SPIR%20Open%20Box.jpg

SPIR%20&%20Spyderco.jpg

Maybe I'll try walking out a hundred yards or so and taking a regular light pic back at it to see how much of the red glow you can detect downrange at different angles off center of the beam (bolt locked open...)

The SPIR functions virtually identical to my two DBAL-D2 IR LED Illuminators, which is to say it works extremely well.

Also great for NV photographers as you can simply mount the unit onto your camera setup to illuminate the darkest of night photo shoots too!

SPIR%20&%20Camera.jpg

SPIR%20Low%20Conc.jpg

SPIR%20Low%20Conc%20Magnified.jpg

SPIR%20High%20Conc%20No%20Mag.jpg

SPIR%20High%20Conc%20Mag.jpg

Very nice IR Illuminator IMHO.....

Shurshot,

I can tell you that I see the same thing you do as far as power from the torch pro!

I have a torch and have since purchased a night optics LR IR and it was a lot less than the torch! It has a beam that is much tighter, wind age and elevation adjustments and is price well below the torch. I have taken the torch off because it was not noticeably brighter and I could not adjust the beam to center with my reticle on my d740.

That is why I asked above if the ldi is two or more times better than the torch. I believe I saw the ldi priced at $500 - $680!

It should come with an AR for that price!

The Torch Pro is a much better buy that is for sure, but this will have it's use on another NV rifle setup I am putting together to work in conjunction with the TNVC WASP Clip-On NV.

I have the Torch Pro on still another NV rifle now and needed the SPIR for the new NV build.

As far as power and focusing ability, they are pretty similar...main difference is the SPIR has low and high while the Torch Pro is one output.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThe Torch Pro is a much better buy that is for sure, but this will have it's use on another NV rifle setup I am putting together to work in conjunction with the TNVC WASP Clip-On NV.

I have the Torch Pro on still another NV rifle now and needed the SPIR for the new NV build.

As far as power and focusing ability, they are pretty similar...main difference is the SPIR has low and high while the Torch Pro is one output.

So, in plain English it (LDI) is not worth $680, it is not as powerful as the torch and for an additional $430 or so you get a high/low switch!

How do you justify the price for your new set up?

You could get 2 torch pro's and somebody to carry your equipment for a week!

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThe Torch Pro is a much better buy that is for sure, but this will have it's use on another NV rifle setup I am putting together to work in conjunction with the TNVC WASP Clip-On NV.

thanks for the info. I sure do like the Torch Pro. I now have the Torch EL without a home since I got the Pro. If my parts ever come in for my new build I will have a place for it though.

I appreciate your posting of these products and don't appreciate someone else making an issue out of it. If someone thinks it's not for them, fine. But there is no need to act like a child unless they are just that.

Originally Posted By: Dead Down WindOriginally Posted By: SkyPupThe Torch Pro is a much better buy that is for sure, but this will have it's use on another NV rifle setup I am putting together to work in conjunction with the TNVC WASP Clip-On NV.

So, in plain English it (LDI) is not worth $680, it is not as powerful as the torch and for an additional $430 or so you get a high/low switch!

How do you justify the price for your new set up?

You could get 2 torch pro's and somebody to carry your equipment for a week!

As a matter of fact, I do NOT justify the price of any of my equipment that I purchase to anyone but myself (and my wife...
laugh.gif
).

I only posted this review of this instrument, as I do the other "things" I use in my night hunting adventures, for folks here to look at and consider and increase their NV knowledge base.

It is very difficult to get any unbaised views of expensive NV/Thermal equipment and it is also very difficult to walk into any local stores and get a hands on confirmation of whether or not these accessories will fit your rifle, your style, your purposes, or your budget.

Other than that, it is my stuff and I use it for hunting at night.
blink.gif

Back