FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Brian...You can never go wrong w/Conway!

Jim...I love Ian Tyson. And this Corb Lund fellow sounds pretty good as well!! I hadn't yet heard of him, but I like the choices you played!!

I've been watching old black & white Westerns this week.
So, I'm in the mood for some "cowboy" tunes.

Dave Stamey......

Cash......

Bar D Wranglers......

(had to play these two just for laughs)
grin.gif

Chris Ledoux......

A great thread GC!
Stu, that was a fantastic share..I know I added at least 3 views...plus rewound to a few places a couple times
thumbup1.gif

Could this be the most viewed thread in the history of Predator Masters?
If so, it's kinda ironic, since it has nothing to do with predator hunting!!
If I did the calculations correctly, this thread has been going strong for just shy of 34 months.

And, although it's only Tuesday, I feel like adding to it with these fine, wacky tunes......

GC, I'm always "quirky". Hahaha
Some days more than others.

I was feeling pretty dang good yesterday...I had a decent amount of energy, & my blood sugar levels are finally back down to averaging in the low to mid 120s.
First time since early February!
Now, if I can get these next couple of days to be nice & warm, like is forecasted, so I can do some call making...things will be even better.

Will, hope you make it back online tomorrow night. That is a new one on me, I don't think I have ever heard of that band before.

Originally Posted By: GCWill, hope you make it back online tomorrow night. That is a new one on me, I don't think I have ever heard of that band before.

Well, I hadn't planned on being online today. But, things happen, & I needed to get a map w/directions for my dad...so we know how to get to a relative's funeral tomorrow (Saturday).

Anyway.....GC,
I've occasionally played videos from the band in question, Nightwish, starting last July--present.
I learned of them last Spring, although it turns out that I had previously heard a couple of their internationally-released singles, and just didn't know it.
They are where I came up with the idea to make a "Phantom of The Opera" howler this past October......

The band...the song...the reason......

The call......
039-7.jpg

Nightwish is a band from Finland, formed in 1996.
They originally were dubbed "symphonic metal".
The original female lead singer, Tarja Turunen, a classically trained soprano, gave the band a very unique sound...IMHO.
The band parted ways with her in late-2006, & she moved to Argentina, & has a solo career.
Since giving her the boot, the band has had 2 other female singers (incl. the current one).
Both do not have the operatic [sp] voice of Tarja.
Both of them have more of a rock/metal sound to their voices...and IMHO, while the music/lyrics are still good, I liked the band as it was before.
wink.gif

Back