KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

DBAL-D2 IR laser @175 yards using MonoCam & ITT Pinnacle PVS-14 on very dark starry night:

DBAL%20D2%20IR%20Laser.jpg

Coon with IR laser @ 175 yards:

Coon.jpg

I was using the IR Illuminator on the DBAL-D2 to eliminate the bloom entirely, can't take a decent photo of the Torch Pro or the DBAL IR Illum yet because it is all super bright white out, have got to learn how to adjust the camera and PVS-14 to handle any additional IR spot lights....

The IR output from the Torch Pro and DBAL is incredible through the camera.

Yeah, Shurshot, I had the 720nm IR filter on the PVS-14 and it does not cut out the 850nm IR beams at all. The photos were too much white out.

Here is the DBAL @ 175 yards:

DBAL%20White%20Out.jpg

Here is the Torch Pro @ 175 yards:

Torch%20Pro%20Whiteout.jpg

What was rather interesting is that the view through the real time LCD on the back of the camera showed huge gobs of IR balls being thrown downrange towards the game cam tree like comets every couple of seconds! It was a very impressive looking weird phenomenon, have not seen that before in the videos I have taken, must be some abnormality of look through the camera lens to LCD when not recording?

interesting... I had the opposite happen when I tried to use the camera adapter on my digital camera. everything looked great through the viewfinder but the pictures came out black. something definitely going on different through NV it seems.

We walked out into the deep swamps on about a two mile hike to two of our feeders and hung out for around two hours listening to hogs rooting and sparring in the deep swamp thickets and ponds all around us but never had any come out in the open.

It was a beautiful clear sky night with stars shining brightly all the way down to the horizon with the PVS-14s working great under the quarter moon.

We hiked back to the truck about 2AM and loaded up to drive home.

Went through two locked gates on the way out and at the last gate I had my PVS-14 still on as I locked the gates and noticed two dark contrast objects in the jeep trail right up in front of us.

Took out the FLIR PS-64 thermal and thought that they were just large surface limerocks around 100 yards out as they were hot but not moving around, but looking at them with the NVO, one of them had an outline of a hog?

Looking more closely, I could see one hog standing sideways and another standing with its rear to us with the LS-64 thermal scanner.

We had been shutting the gates, slamming truck doors, talking, and the motor was running and there was not sign these hogs were even moving with all the noise and commotion over a five minute period of time?

Mounted the SIG 716 with Barnes 130 grain TSX handloads and put the ACOG TA02 crosshairs on the neck of one and pulled the trigger, he dropped dead and the other one took off, put the crosshairs on his head and shot, he drops with a round through his neck that split his spine in half.

No meat damage at all, both hogs were head shot and the 7.62mm did an immediate kill on both of them.

SIG%20716%20Two%20Hogs.jpg

Full%20Hog%20Hanging.jpg

Clean%20Hog%20Hanging.jpg

Here are a couple of representative photos of my Thompson Center Contender with custom Match Grade Machine 20" 1:7" twist barrel with a Redfield 3-9X-50mm on it and some MonoCam PVS-14 photos of it and through the scope, my game cam tree is 175 yards, if I had a rest for the rifle the photos would be awesome, unfortunately this is only free hand wiggle.....

TC RIFLE:

TC%20Rifle.jpg

Game Cam Tree @ 175 yards no magnificaiton through the MonoCam & PVS-14

Game%20Cam%20Tree%20175%20Yards%20No%20Mag.jpg

Through the scope @ 6X with IR:

TC%206X%20IR.jpg

Through the scope @ 9X NO IR:

TC%209X%20No%20IR.jpg

Remember this is free hand, if I had a rifle rest it would be much much better....

The "Hot Spot" on the tree is my game cam's IR flash lens reflecting back when the IR light is on it...I have killed hundreds of hogs next to that tree over the years, I call it my BACON TREE!
grin.gif

I have a spot on my property with two trees within 30 feet of each other and those trees have seen MANY dead hogs. I call the spot my 'Killing Field.'

Back