KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

We cleaned up last night!
grin.gif

Lots%20of%20Hogs.jpg

Big%20Hog%20Kill.jpg

I've got my handloads working real nice in the 7.62X51mm, using Barnes 130 grain TSX in '10 LC brass with 50.0 grains of Hodgdon BLC-2.

Wow! Love the neck shot.

I would be out of .223 bullets after that hunt!

Been waiting for the manufacturer to ship..

Last edited:
It was quite a job gathering them up and loading them, we only cleaned out the four big sows and one boar, the rest are coyote bait....

Knives1.jpg

I finally got my MoroVision MonoCam and Olympus TG-820 digital camera hooked up to one of my ITT Pinnacle PVS-14s for taking NV videos and photographs.

The Olympus TG-820 camera is ruggedized and waterproof down to 33 feet and so is the PVS-14, so I could actually do some NV SCUBA filming sometime?[:p]

The camera takes 12MB photos and/or 1080P High Definition video, so this setup will really be nice for recording some of our hunts.

The camera also has a huge LCD in back, so I may be able to take some through the scope kill videos too.

I like it allot and will be putting it to good use soon....

http://morovision.com/monocam/monocam-kit-nepvs14-17.html

http://tnvc.com/shop/monocam-digital-cam...acle-monocular/

Here is a pic of the rear of the house and my KTM 690 Enduro just for kicks;

House%20NV.jpg

KTM%20NV.jpg

Yur gonna put yur eye out with that thing! LOL I bought my daughter a Go Pro camera for Christmas, along with all kinds of extra mounts. Not sure if you are familiar with them, but they take HD quality video and mount on a helmet.

My wife and daughter skied in CO this year and I was amazed at the quality, so I am now attempting to use the camera, attached to PVS-14. Will let you know how it works.

This was filmed with a Go Pro, although there is a newer video now.

Holy [Bleepers] Batman! I sure hope my self-made attachment works with the Go Pro. Nice camera Thom, but EXPENSIVE! Oh, they probably gave it to you 'cause they like you so much.

I've had Go-Pro HDs for years for filming our kart road races, in fact I have two of them, they work really nice and like you I would LOVE to have an NV attachment to hook up a PVS-14 to them, that would be awesome!

I even wrote GO-PRO about this and making a Picitanny Rail mount for them, they made the Picitanny rail mount for the Go-Pros but not the PVS-14 adapter.

The MonoCam NV setup is nice, it will take me awhile to learn how to operate it to the max but first impressions is very high quality, plus I can take 1080P High Density movies too with the NVO!

SIG%20716%20NV.jpg

Maybe some DBAL IR videos next, the hogs have been rooting up a storm here lately, so will try them this weekend....

Looks like you could mount a high powered flash on top rail !
laugh.gif

Are you using auto or manual for iso settings, focus. Hand held or tripod mounted.
After spending all that $$$$ looks like you forgot to replace battery
laugh.gif

Nice photos, can't wait to see videos.

Last edited:
haha, those are hand held automatic settings, I will take out the tripod and try some manual adjustment settings when I get a chance, it will work MUCH better off a tripod.

That red light in the PVS-14 signifies that the IR Illumination light is on, needed it for a clear photo as it was pitch dark out with no moon and just a few stars.

The MoroVision setup is very nice and the Olympus camera is pretty easy to operate too, I have three other Olympus, two Casio, and two Sony and this one is pretty [beeep] nice....

Some of the best pics that I have ever taken, (taken quite a few over the years) has been with a digi camera set to auto with the flash canceled. I usually take 5 shots of each, and take the best one. Drawbacks with any camera is the image always looks better in real life especially in the blooming dept. Case in point with SkyPup's rear of the house pic above. No way was there a complete white out you see in the pic while viewing real time with your eyes.

PVS-14 camera shots also tend to be a whole lot easier vs. day scopes looking into a clip-on!
cursing.gif

Vic

Got another hog last night with the T-50 and LS-64 and the Bald Eagles showed up first thing in the morning for some tactical bacon leftovers...

Eagle%20Cllose%20Up.jpg

Back