***2012 Hunter Of The Year Vote***

Voting is done. Congratulations to the winners. You each one earned it. I have sent you a PM.

1st - Alyssa's first coyote! by Switch

2nd - ******** #186 lbs ******** by AZspike

3rd - Finally I get to say it...WOLF DOWN!!!!! by 300magman

Wow! Scott saw and killed more coyotes in 3 days than some do in a year! I'm puzzled on this one!

Congrats guys.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jglynnCongrats guys.

Yeah, thanks...that means a lot. LOL

Anyway, thanks to PM, the administrators that put the contest on, the sponsors that donated the prizes and the members that took the time to vote. You guys made a young hunters (Alyssa) day.

Thanks again!

Tim (Switch)

I think the voting turned out great! So what if someone else killed a pile of coyotes, a wolf, or whatever? They were all good stories, hence they were nominated. However there is something extra special about helping a young hunter get her first coyote. While some of the other stories may have been about higher numbers of kills or more exotic animals, there is a ton of work and preparation that goes into to helping someone so young. Switch has killed piles and piles of coyotes and bobcats himself. He knows what it takes to help someone else succeed. His daughter has spent plenty of time on stands with him and paid her dues. Frankly, I'm more excited about the fact she got her first coyote, than I am about any contest or prize she may have won. In my mind that "first" coyote is a MUCH bigger deal! Good job all the way around to Switch for spending time with his child, and to Alyssa for making it count when the pressure was on. This world would be a lot better off if more parents had this kind of close relationship with there kids. What an outstanding example of passing on to a younger generation...and thereby making the future better for all of us.

Back