KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

I have been using an A-Alpha half shell this past year for my ITT Pinnacle Night Enforcer PVS-14s, started out with a Nortoros USGI Rhino mount and later got a Wilcox L-4 which I really like using a Nortoros Dual Dovetail Adapter, excellent setup!

However, after using this helmet for hours on end, when I was at the TNVC Booth at the Shot Show in Vegas, I got to try on the Team Wendy Exfil Carbon Fiber helmet and really liked this allot. When I returned home I immediately ordered the Team Wendy Exfil and a Nortoros INVG mount for this unit.

I already had a couple of EagleTac 3,400mW IR LED flashlights, Olight M-20 Crimson RED LED flashlights, some Princeton Tec Red and IR lights and some EOG battery holders so it was easy to equip the Team Wendy helmet with all the gear that I had been using and need to use.

This helmet fits and wears excellent for hours on end. The entire helmet and mounting equipment is just perfect for my long excursions out into the woods at night on our hunts.

The adjustments of the Nortoros INVG mounts and the instant lock down on the Team Wendy Exfil feels really great and is a MAJOR improvement over my other helmet setup, which now can be a loaner unit for our friends we invite out with us.

Here are some pics and a big thanks to Vic and Kyle @ TNVC for helping me put this together!

Team%20Wendy%20Front.jpg

Team%20Wendy%20Left.jpg

Team%20Wendy%20Right%20Front.jpg

Team%20Wendy%20Rear.jpg

looks good Skypup. now you need another PVS in desert sand to match!
smile.gif

if I could get used to the helmet I have and be able to wear it for at least a couple hours I would consider an upgrade because mine doesn't feel good at all. I have the A Alpha also. I have a counter weight on the way, so I have my fingers crossed that will help.

Skypup, is that the mount that works with the PS-32 people are using? I may try to mount that sometime also.

I think that you can use the Nortoros Dual Dovetail mount with a PS-32 but I have not tried that yet myself...

This helmet is a HUGE improvement over the A-Alpha, there really is no comparison, I use the C-123 and AA batteries in the packs on the rear of the helmet as counter weights.

DSCN1379_zps889a989e.jpg

DSCN1377_zps22ef8e76.jpg

The mount is simple to make, if you have a Norotos INVG Mount and dual dove tail adapter for a pvs-14. Takes about 15 mins. Take off the extra dove tail and drill out the snap ring so you can remove the screw and replace it with a longer one. With helmet on hold FLIR up to eye and measure the length between two screw holes. Cut aluminium flat stock slightly longer and drill holes. The problem with this is that MY ls-64 won't work up side down after a few minutes. When it was working I really liked it.

SkyPup
That is a nice looking helmet set up, thanks for sharing.

Since this is a family site, I had to censor my TNVC patch LOMF.....

Thanks for that FLIR thermal hookup pictorial, that is easy enough to do.

Skypup...

You are cracking me up dude......

This has to be your next purchase.....take out a whole sounder of hogs at one time.....only $19,500

It even matches your new helmet....
smile.gif

r8oPiBr.jpg

We went out on the prairie right before dark this afternoon to work on some gate fencing and feeder placement, I arrived a little earlier than my friend did did so I took a walk out into the woods alone. Within 100 yards I came up on this big sow feeding with a dozen or so piglets about 150 feet in front of me so I shot her with the SIG 716 7.62mm and she took off. I walked around into the deep woods looking for her and couldn't find her in the terrible vines and brambles so decided to walk back out and see if my buddy had showed up yet. As I was leaving the woods he just pulled up and I told him I nailed a sow but she is in the thick underbrush.

He and I went in looking for her and when we got to the spot where I had shot her we saw about six piglets, so we shot two of them and went looking for the sow some more. We split up and circled around the thickets and could not see the sow anywhere? Dom heard some rustling in the leaves about 75 yards from where we were standing so we stalked carefully over towards the noise. Suddenly the noise is coming towards us in the very thick underbrush where we could only see 30 feet in any direction and out pops about 6 more piglets, so we shot three more of them and low and behold we find they were sucking the teats of the dead sow I had shot an hour earlier!!! We find the dead sow right there!!!

What a day!!! It was windy and freezing and cold as [beeep] and we headed back home after dark.

Sounder1.jpg

Sounder2.jpg

Sounder3.jpg

Nice going..what and how is that pic rail attached to the barrel of the bolt rifle?

I need one of those sleds too...
Thanks...

Last edited:
That is a Savage .308 with a 24 inch target barrel with a Bushnell 6-18X-60mm long range scope. The picitanny rail attaches to the barrel with some allen set screws and we mount an IR laser on it.

Mr B, we picked up that sled up in Illinois last month, it works perfect for pulling out a mess of hogs from the deep woods (even without the snow....).

Just slip a one inch diameter PVC pipe about 18" long over the front pull rope to use as a handle.

We hauled this mess of hogs out about 350 yards to the truck....good thing it was about 35*F out or would have been sweating.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThat is a Savage .308 with a 24 inch target barrel with a Bushnell 6-18X-60mm long range scope. The picitanny rail attaches to the barrel with some allen set screws and we mount an IR laser on it.

SkyPup...How did that IR laser hold zero attached to the barrel like that along with overall accuracy with barrel harmonics and all?

Vic

So far it has worked just great with zero problems, of course we are not using it over 100 yards or so at night, but he has a strong BeamShot IR laser on it, I tried to talk him into an LDI but no luck....

Hog offal provides breakfast for mature male bald eagle last night.....couple of buzzards in the foreground but those are all Osceola Wild Turkeys in the background!!!!
w00t.gif

Eagle.jpg

Finally managed to get three Bald Eagles in one photo, however there are two more right outside the photo border for a total of Five Bald Eagles!

Eagles.jpg

My buddy nailed a bigun last night without me....

SkyPup and I have been busy over the past few days. In just a little over 24 hours starting late Saturday night, he and I took out an entire sounder group consisting of 3 large sows and 5 piglets in the 30 pound range. After having cleaned all of these pigs, I went last night to add feed to the feeders and traps with no intention of really spending any time looking to shoot another pig. I moved a feeder to a new location in a newly mowed area and also added feed to an existing feeder near this location. Once I finished this, I stopped to look at a fresh rooting area adjacent to this feeder, alas this is where I made my mistake….

While I was looking at the new rooting area, two separate large hogs crossed the mowed path. These hogs were moving from left to right and did not notice me or slow down as they crossed. I was not able to get a good bead or shot on them as it would have been a spray and pray type shot. It was nearly dark so I began to prepare to leave. At that moment, a hog way off in the distance came out of the brush and started to “saunter” down the path toward me. He was a good 300 yards away and it was not going to be a good shot to take without a rest. So I decided to just start walking towards him to see if I could decrease the shooting distance. He did not come towards me very fast and I was able to “sneak” up on him in my blue scrubs… at about 225 yards I decided that it was about as much distance as I could make up in my not-so-camo outfit. I stepped to the side of the mowed path and waited. He again started to make a move towards me so I scoped him to see if I had a shot. Since he was pointed directly at me, the target zone was small at that distance and I waited to see if that would change. There was nothing to rest my rifle on so I made my best shooting platform and stood very still and waited and watched. As he neared the 200 yard range, he stopped and then turned to my right as if he were going to leave the path. As he turned, he hesitated for a moment and found something on the ground that he needed to either smell of taste… Here was my shot and I sent a 150grain hand loaded Game king down range at nearly 3,000 feet per second from my Savage Model 12 with its new target trigger(thanks Doc!). At the moment of impact, the hog tumbled over and it was a super clean kill. As I prepared to go get a good look at it, I thought it was a large animal even looking through the scope. Once I got to the boar, I was able to see that is was one of the, if not the largest hogs I have taken yet. The cutters on him are a good 4 inches long and razor sharp.

Dom%20Big%20Hog.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupFinally managed to get three Bald Eagles in one photo, however there are two more right outside the photo border for a total of Five Bald Eagles!

Eagles.jpg

LOL...Notice the "skeleton" crew out there as well. Classic!

Vic

Originally Posted By: Dead Down WindThey be looking hungry!

Slaughter them a hog!

We got twenty last night, will post some pics later. Just another good reason to have a 30 round magazine with you....
thumbup1.gif

Back