KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

DDW...

Are you using an emitter to help give some eye reflection?

I also try to find a distinguishable object....bush....tree....terrain change...to help mark the criitter so I have something to help identfy location when going to the NV unit. You can go above or below the critter to find an object to give you a referenced line of sight.

With the t50 which has internal reticles (i guess unlike the t60) can you save more than one guns range settings?

Will the T65 have internal reticles?

Forget about another pvs14 this looks like the next step..

you could probably buy 3 or 4 PVS units for the price of it if I had to guess but if I had property over run with hogs, I'd definitely have one. heck, if I had property outside my door to hunt I'd probably have one too...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliWith the t50 which has internal reticles (i guess unlike the t60) can you save more than one guns range settings?

Will the T65 have internal reticles?

Forget about another pvs14 this looks like the next step..

You can only use one of the internal reticules at a time for one gun, you cannot save the location of the adjustable reticules for each different weapon, however if you already have an optic, you do not need any of the reticles and there is no POI shift from your day optic when clipping on the T-50 to any of your rifles.

The T-65 will be an exact copy of the T-50, just with the upgraded microbolometer to 640X480 instead of 320X240....

Originally Posted By: Gman757
DDW...

Are you using an emitter to help give some eye reflection?

I also try to find a distinguishable object....bush....tree....terrain change...to help mark the criitter so I have something to help identfy location when going to the NV unit. You can go above or below the critter to find an object to give you a referenced line of sight.

GMAN,

I am using my PS32 and then switching too my AR with D740 Gen# and Torch Pro illuminator.

I am trying too decide if i need a helmet with PVS14 and IR Laser???

I am tired of holding the Flir and then switching over to the D740. It is hard to get them back in the scope after i have tucked the Flir in my jacket so they don't see the lights reflecting from the Flir.

What are your thoughts on a helmet etc???

Might want to try helmet mounting the flir on left eye, keep your hands free and can use scope on rifle. I have been using it this way and like it. Look thru left eye for thermal and right eye for night vision.

spoke with Kyle today at TNVC and he is sending me a D-760 to add to the arsenal.
smile.gif
I got the standard tube so I could mount it to my .243 if the urge hits me. I am going to try the PVS helmet mounted again and switch to the 760 for the shot. also have the Flir to hand scan with.

Shurshot, that is a great setup and a great combination of gear you have got now, you will like that scope allot!

I am waiting on the WASP to setup on one of mine.....

I really wanted the WASP too, but until I can get the parts to build the AR I want to use it with I am not going to get it. I only have one rifle I can even mount a WASP on and that is the first stop for the 760.
smile.gif
then I may later move it to the 243 after I get squared away with some more ammo for it.

It was a difficult night for the thermal tonight, rained earlier and everything was a mono-temperature lightly grayed out. Was able to deploy the FLIR LS-64 up to #4 InstaAlert Red which usually I cannot use, but with the wetness and high winds it worked excellent, lighting up only coons, rabbits, deer and this nice male bobcat that I took out # 175 yards with one shot of handloaded 7.62mm Barnes 130 grain TSX.

Bobcat2.jpg

Bobcat3.jpg

Bobcat4.jpg

No NV, just pure FLIR Thermal...
thumbup1.gif

thats it skypup all that is needed to get me off the couch is one of your post! off I go to check zero and then down the road to try for another cat myslef.

nice bobcat brother

I was using the SIG 716 in 7.62mm instead of the SIG 556 in 5.56mm.

When I came back in the house from the backyard to get my camera my wife asks, "Did you get a big hog?"

I said, "No just a long range bobcat."

She said, "Wow, that sounded like a cannon going off!"

It is pretty loud, and I would have rather nailed a hog with it, when I went out to get him I could hear the hogs in the woods snorting and squealing around but so far they have not showed up.....yet!

time to get a can on that thing! zero checked new seats on the war wagon, pup is callered, ready to go, just one more sip of group tighener.

Last edited:
About 30 hogs showed up at the game cam tonight that I saw with the LS-64, by the time I ran in to get my rifle there were about 9 or 10 left as the others were walking out into the deep woods, did not get a shot but it sure was a big sounder group and I was pumped full of adrenaline trying to get on them. They'll be back and hopefully I'll be more ready for them next time....

Originally Posted By: SkyPupYes, I do need a 7.62mm can, now that I finally got my NFA Trust set up, this thing is loud!!!

I am also looking forward to some quieter shooting. I bought the YHM 762 QD Titanium and hoping to see it soon.....I am in my 6th month of waiting and have been told they are coming in at around 7 months. That is what it took for my .22 suppressor also.

Back