ANYONE HUNT COYOTES WITH SNOWMOBILES?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote buster

HEY, GUYS JUST WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANY OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CHASE COYOTES WITH SNOWMOBILES ITS GREAT FUN AND CAN BE VERY PRODUCTIVE OUR BEST DAY IS 19.

I've said it before, but in Montana aint no way illegal to kill a coyote except with poison! Back in the high priced fur days, many folks around here paid for snowgo's with their coyote money. I don't like it but it is still done to some degree.

From the New York State DEC website:

S 11-0901. Prohibitions.
1. No person while in or on a motor vehicle, as defined in section
11-0931 of this chapter, shall take wildlife other than migratory game
birds, or use any lights on any such vehicle for such purpose.

HEY GUYS I DIDNT MEAN TO PISS ANYONE OFF BUT IT IS LEGAL IN WYOMING AND THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE IN THE AREA THAT DO IT IT IS VERY ETHICAL BECAUSE THEY CAN RUN LIKE HELL. SO THINK WHAT YOU WANT TO THINK.

You didn`t make me mad at all and I for one don`t want to ruffle feathers either. If I had that meny yotes in my area it sure would be fun hunting. How meny do you shoot down there? I hunted Montana last year at Christmas and called one in but missed it.

That sure as heck aint how we hunt around here. Heck if we see sled tracks in the stand most of the time we dont even waste our time calling there. I just dont see the sport in sledding down dogs. I give that idea 2 thumbs down.

Hunting coyotes by running them down with a snowmobile, motorcycle, truck, ATV, or anything else for that matter may be legal in your state, but here on Predator Masters it is frowned upon. Why you ask? Ethics are ethics, we prescribe to those that respect the animal we hunt, whether it be coyote, fox or bobcat. Running them down is cruel. We hunt them here, either by the use of electronic call or hand calls, some of us even use dogs, which is a time honored tradition for many of our members.

The use of a gas powered vehicle to "run" the animal down is for many of us an abhorrent method of treating an animal. Some argue that dead is dead, hunting is cruel in itself...well, you would'nt be here if you prescribed to that line of thought. But as Predator Hunters, many of us follow a set of ethics, that being respect the animal for what it is, a wild and adaptable creature worth every bit of respect we can gather. Running them down with vehicles is not one of them. We here at Predator Masters DO NOT condone such behavior. We will edit, close, delete, kill, dismemeber and cyberly destroy any mention of such. That is our right.

HEY THERE GUYS I DONT SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS ABOUT POSTING IT ON PM BUT TO U THAT HAD ?'S WE KILL ABOUT ANYWHERE BETWEEN 50-100 COYOTES A YEAR AND THAT IS JUST MESSING AROUND ON THE RANCH FOR THE LIVESTOCKS SAKE WE COULD PRY KILL EAVEN AN OTHER 100 A YEAR THE BEST WE'VE EVER DONE IN ONE YEAR WAS 499 AND NO WE DON'T CARRY FENCE CUTTERS ON THE SLEDS WE CAN GO TO A GATE OR PICK THE FENCE UP AND GO UNDER IT.

I like to run up beside them and harpoon'em with my Cold Steel Spear!!! No sport in just runnin'em over with a snowmachine!!!

WYOMING STATUTES
TITLE 6. Crimes and Offenses
CHAPTER 3. Offenses Against Property
ARTICLE 2. Property Destruction and Defacement

6-3-203 Cruelty to animals; penalties; limitation on manner of destruction.
(a) A person commits cruelty to animals if he knowingly and with intent to cause death, injury or undue suffering:
(i) Overrides, drives when overloaded, tortures or torments an animal or deprives an animal of necessary sustenance; or
(ii) Unnecessarily or cruelly beats, injures, mutilates or kills an animal; or
(iii) Carries an animal in a manner that poses undue risk of injury or
death.

From the Wyoming ORV Law Handbook

It is unlawful to molest, stir up, rally or drive in any manner, any game animals or game birds with a motorized vehicle.

If you want to argue that the coyote is not a game animal, fine, I'll turn your unethical arse in as cruelty to animals.

A coyote is not considered a game animal in Wyoming. So the law of not chasing game animals with a motor vehicle doesn't apply. Many people out west use snow machines to control coyote populations, it isn't a big deal. What's the difference between that and goverment trappers hunting them from airplanes? I don't think turning somebody in for cruelty to animals because they were hunting coyotes with snowmobiles would fly in Wyoming. Porbably get some get some good laughs though . I respect the coyote as one of the most intelligent animals. They are my favorite animal but they need to be controlled, for the good of other wildlife and to protect ranchers livestock.

Coyote buster what's up with the all caps messages? All caps is considered yelling on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back