Howdy Alaskans!

Alaskan Wolfer

Howdy. Remember me? I used to go by k9 Wolfer. I have been away from the key board for a while. I hope y'all have been having as good a season as my partner and I. We spent most of the season learnig how to snare wolves but we managed to get in some cat and coyote calling too. We were able to get a few of each. Eight wolves taken by snares so far though. Caught 46 mink and a bunch of beaver to. Gonna go calling again as soon as this bloom'n rain stops. Poor old widow up the road had her cat snatched outa her yard by a yote the other morning. She watched the whole show then called and asked me to go rescue the cat. I didn't have the heart to tell her what coyotes do to house cats. Take care.

Wow that sounds like fun! Good job at it. Tell us more, what did use to call them in, what did you shoot them with? Did you use any leg hold traps? Did you call any of the wolfs in ?

Lynx were called in using Johnny Stewat Snowshoe Hare tape. Most of our coyotes are called in using an old beat up mouth call that I have had since I was about twelve. We took another wolf and coyote yesterday from our snare line. The wolf that we caught yesterday was probably close to 150 pounds. Stretched to 7foot 81/2 inches. I will post a picture of it when I figure out how.

I use a Johnny Stewart MS512. It has served me well but it is too heavy to lug around very much. Because of that, I don't use it as much as if it were lighter.
My hunting partner and I are going to go in on a Wildlife Technologies call with remote.

AK wolfer, I am not sure how much the JS call weighs you have but I do know the WT is very heavy. I got to play with a WT a few weeks ago and did not like the weight/size, nor the size of the speaker. JMT. Best to all

God Bless America
Trapper_1977

Back