FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

borkon...Can't go wrong with a little Lightfoot, IMO. I've been a fan since I was a kid.

Hooked...I've never figured out whether those bike racers are gutsy or just plain insane. There's NO WAY that I would ever go that fast on only 2 wheels, even back in my youth.
I wouldn't even be willing to go 200 mph in a car, unless it was in a perfectly straight line! (I love NASCAR, but know my limitations, haha)
The fastest I've ever went on a bike (normal street bike, not crotch rocket), was 70mph. And that's only because I was young & drunk!

Gutsy or insane..perhaps BOTH..IDK; Highly Skilled Riders for sure. Many fatalities associated with that race, in the hundreds.
I don`t feel like I`m a real `gutsy` or `insane` guy, but will say that my bike from a stop, will bury the speedo (185mph) in a matter of seconds...a portion of that on the rear wheel
grin.gif

Nice one Hooked! Staying mellow but shifting gears for a little old MoTown stuff...

Wilson Pickett...

Percy Sledge...

Hold on now...

Well, I missed out on the fun last week.
But ol' "cl54" is back this week to do some "spinnin'"!
Hahahaha

This song has been covered by many, but this is the original......

Always loved this guy......

OK, so I can't let January slip away w/o some songs from a guy who my Mom had a crush on when she was a teen.
This voice was heard so often in our house, that I finally learned how to "copy" his voice & singing style on these few songs. (not necessarily his most famous)
Long live the King!!!

(This song, regardless of singer, is my all-time fave song, & will be played/sung at my funeral)

Clicked on another one after that Stu; the band originally got together (W/John Rutsy) in 1968 at age 15..no wonder they seem ageless.
Many years ago I had a neighbor that could play the YYZ drum solo to perfection (about any Rush or E,L,&P actually).

It's been a lousy week at work so I'm just setting here with my Grey Goose and orange juice. The wife is at her bowling league until midnight therebouts. I've got the Strat in hand with the Twin Reverb turned up just loud enough to where the neighbors can't say chit practicing this one. I've got the intro down, the chord progresion down and about 2/3 of the solo. My teeth hurt!
lol.gif
Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmP8EoQ2XwU&feature=player_detailpage

Stu,
You sure like those 3-men groups, don't ya? Hahaha
(COOL!!!)

Hooked,
Takes me back to the old Jr. High dance days, & trying to coax one of several girls into being my "girlfriend".
(Useless trivia: That album was one of the first ones I bought, once my parents give me the OK. Wore the record out, literally. Now it's one of only 10 CDs that I own.)

Back