Post Pics Of Your Hunting/Predator/Varmit AR Here !!

Nice weapons! Love that Varmint!
thumbup.gif

I have a 6.5 Grendel that I hunt with.....and am Putting together a rra .223 Wylde chamber for a night hunting/CQB combo rig...

Here is the Grendel....
5bde62b8.jpg

Here is the .223 Wylde in its infancy...am trying to decide between an aim point and an EO tech....
CB3BF97D-A5A2-4C18-92E7-99CF386E3962-10302-00000D6ECBD1D798.jpg

Need some advise from the seasoned AR users. I purchased a RRA Coyote carbine this week. Installed a M-223 scope on a Burris mount. I also put a Trueglow red/green dot on top. If the true glow doesn't hold up,I will upgrade to an EOTECH someday. Anyhow I have a couple questions. First question. I need to upgrade my charging handle. Scope henders access! I am looking for recommendations. I am considering a Vltor BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Medium Charging Handle. Are there problems with these or should I go with the larger size? Second question. I am currently using Hornady 55 grain 223 V-Max loads. I was wondering with the 16 inch barrel would I benefit by steping up to the Hornady Superformance 53 grain 223 rounds or should I stay with what I am sighted in for? With this rifle I don't expect to shoot out much past 200 yards or so. As information I also have a Savage model 10 predator rifle in a 22-250 with a Nikon Monarch 4x16x42 for those areas where long distance shooting is an option. That rifle is great, but it is heavy so I wanted a lighter weapon (AR platform) for hiking longer distances and for fast target aquisition.

2012-12-08_18-27-47_956.jpg
rifleandlight.jpg

Last edited:
sgtblu, stick with the medium BCM Gunfighter, less chance of snagging it on something and can easily rack the slide with your pinky finger...

as for ammo, depends on what you're hunting, different bullets, different performances and limitations, since I reload, i try different bullets i want to use and different powders until i come up with a combination that is most accurate, same for factory ammo, find something that performs, shoot it and see how it does

here is my Windham in .223
decembercoyote-1.jpg

and the Remington R-25 in .243 "The Sledgehammer"
I prefer this rifle on Coyotes cause they just drop..they get big down here.

I had 1 run off after 2 hits with the .223 so I changed from 55gr cheap ammo to a heavier hollow point 69gr and its much more effective on Big Doggs.
R-25remington243.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Precision AR (top) VLTOR Upper w/20" Lothar-Walther barrel, matched bolt & FailZero carrier. Optic is Leupold Mk IV 10x w/mil-dots. Free float tube is PRI Delta carbon fiber. The lower is an LRB my wife bought me for our anniversary. Trigger is SSA-E and very sweet, especially for semi automatic rifle. Stock is a Magpul UBR. A little heavy but it's very rugged and has a great cheek weld for an adjustable stock. It's is very accurate with 75-77 gr bullets

Carbine I put together (bottom) from a PSA kit on a PSA lower. The Battlecomp works well keeping the muzzle flat for fast shooting.

I really want to try that Aimpoint on running jackrabbits!
Carbine_H1.jpg

Precision AR- First trip to the range
DSC_0157.jpg

Carbine in action
DSC_0012-1.jpg

Getting her together..
BHW 1-8 twist barrel
DPMS slick side
RRA NM trigger
Warne Ramp (new) to me
6-24 Bushnell tactical
ACE Hammer stock
Soon to have Trijicon or Burris reflex site on the 45 of my RAMP

75A30F38-C0EA-45D8-AF92-50A21F5BE178-2205-0000022F908C2FD7.jpg

I really like the med gunfighter charge! Can't get pic to load but I shoot a RRA pred persuit 16in with seekins lower timment trig topped with a night force! I have went to the nosler custom comp 69grainers for yotes devestating effect!

Here is mine. Its a custom build .223, 16" barrell with 1-9 twist. Trying to find the time to paint the quadrail and stock desert tan.

IMG_20121223_111725_841.jpg

Last edited:
New to the forum.
Here is a 300 BLK is just finished
Wilson Combat 18" SS barrel
MI free float handguard
adjustable gas block
YHM SS .308 Phatom silencer

I have the gas block turned off, making it a single shot.
yes, I didn't cycle the action completely after the first round, but it lets you see how quiet the actually shot is compared to a trigger fall.

The 'N' type batteries died in the Eotech this weekend and I haven't had a chance to go to town yet, so I'm back to using my trusty 5.56 I built a few years ago.
24" Colt HBAR barrel
Bushmaster upper/lower
Millet TRS-1 scope
MI handguard

dog3.jpg

Got my first dog of the year with it today.

Last edited:
An action shot, dad (ole_270) and bro in law here, both shooting RRA coyote uppers, dad's a 20", bro in laws a 16". Called this dog in the day after Christmas. Also had a bobcat come in but it didn't stick around long enough for a shot-My 1885 .22 Hornet that day felt out-gunned......

DadsCoyote_zps9ae482ae.jpg

>204 ruger build i did last spring working on another one now.
204_zpsb9abc919.jpg

trusty old pre ban Colt HBAR and a good sized dog last week

coyote-c_zps33dfb543.jpg

Last edited:
New to the forum.

Here is my new rifle I just finished up.

Yankee Hill Lower
Model 1 Sales 20" Varment upper
Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14 Scope

20130102_172356_1.jpg

Shot it today to familiarize myself with the retical in the Coyote Special scope. Quarter size groups despite not having traditional cross hairs.

Originally Posted By: at4rxjFor my 100th post... lol

6.8 in foliage green furniture, 18" 223 wylde build, and 308 Ma-Ten

DSC_5610.jpg

DSC_5796.jpg

DSC_5825.jpg

what stock do you have on the top picture??

Back