KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

The Ranch Manager out here has been telling me about this albino coyote that he has been seeing this past year, he took a couple of pot shots at it with his 30:30 Winchester lever action but never hit it during the day.

I wonder if this is the 'yote he was telling me about? This was an adult male in good physical shape with some nice teeth but what hair he had on him was grey, not the normal color of the coyotes I normally see. He was a huge coyote and I estimate he weighed a good 45 pounds, pretty big for around here.

One thing is for sure, that was a LONG shot with the FLIR Thermal and the Barnes 70 grain nailed him right in the neck big time, I was glad to see him drop in his tracks!
thumbup1.gif

For Christmas this year I am upgrading my black rifle to a SIG 716 7.62X51mm with ACOG 4X TA02 - FLIR T-50 & DBAL-D2, will get it dialed in next week when the Barnes 130 grain TSX show up to load some shells

Should be a nice couple of weeks of hog and 'yote hunting coming up!
grin.gif

FLIR%20T50%20716%20Back.jpg

FLIR%20T50%20716%20Side.jpg

FLIR%20T50%20716%20Front2.jpg

A 7.62mm Barnes 130 grain TSX @ 3,000 fps is going to be allot more smack down than a 5.56mm 70 grain TSX @ 2,800 fps......in fact this baby has more impact energy at 300 yards than my 556 has at the muzzle!
scared.gif

I still have my two 556s and they will NOT be safe queens any time soon....

nice hog rig, my 243 with 80gr TSX under my D760 is my go to hog gun & 58 gr V-max for coyotes. may get a chance to go for Auadad next month, we can hunt exocits in texas at night, we will see how it stacks up.

Holy Molly, it was raining cats and dogs tonight with severe thunderstorms after dark. I had just purchased my new SIG 716 7.62mm three days ago and was able to sight it in after work when I got home today for the first time with some Hornady 7.62X51mm 110 grain TAP LE rounds, since I haven't had time to work up a proper handload for this rifle.

So, it rained about two inches from 5PM to 9PM and I figured I would mosey out into the backyard and check for any song dog action with the FLIR PS-32. It was difficult to see much thermal signature of anything after the rain but I was able to detect some motion across the prairie pond in the pine trees 250 yards out.

Put the ACOG TA02 crosshairs on his shoulder and squeezed the trigger at a good 225 yards out, instant DRT.
grin.gif

To say that I am impressed is a gross understatement.....
scared.gif

SIG%20716%20Coyote.jpg

SIG%20716%20Coyote2.jpg

Mr. B., I have many different scopes and optics but I sure do love that ACOG, it is the new Night Vision compatible 4X LED single AA powered battery model TA02.

It is super lightweight, very short and hardly takes up any rail space, clear optics from edge to edge, great FOV, super nice reticule with six levels of daylight brightness and two levels of NV brightness which I can turn on or off as needed, and it is tough as nails. Normally I leave the reticule off if I am using the thermals, but they are nice when the thermals are removed and you are in a darkened area.

It cost me $1,200 but I liked it so very much I got another one. Perfect for the kind of mixed hog and coyote hunting I do primarily at night, but some during the day...

Thanks to TNVC for making this past year a very successful night hunting year!

With a couple more Night Vision gizmos and gadgets, the coming year should be even more successful!!!

Merry Christmas To All and Happy New Hunting Year too!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupThanks to TNVC for making this past year a very successful night hunting year!

With a couple more Night Vision gizmos and gadgets, the coming year should be even more successful!!!

Merry Christmas To All and Happy New Hunting Year too!
thumbup.gif

Thank you for the kind words as always! Indeed a few more "gadgets" due out shortly...One of which has been highly anticipated.
smile.gif

Also a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Vic

FLIR keeps taking 'em down!
thumbup.gif

Dead%20Boar.jpg

Dave%20Hog.jpg

Boar.jpg

My friend's brother was down visiting from Illinois, he is a big dude, 6'4" 295 lbs. He had never gone night hog hunting before so we took him out. Walked about two miles and saw a sounder group but they jumped into some thick palmetto scrub and escaped. On the way back to the truck I saw this nice tusker with the FLIR PS-32 deep in the woods about 200 feet off the trail we were on. I gave my SIG 556 to my friend's brother and told him to put the crosshairs on his neck and double tap him with two Barnes 70 grain TSXs. He did the job and got his first boar hog!

This hog is 100% a thermal hog, there is no way we could have detected him or shot him using our PVS-14s and Lasers.

He was in some deep tangles over 200 feet off the foot trail we were on and only the PS-32 and FLIR Thermal Weapon scope were able to take him out.

FLIR Thermals are a complete game changer when it comes to night hunting!

Had similar situation last night. Hog 95yds in corn field, could see him with thermal no problem. With pvs14 and eagletac IR on low (500mw)image washed out from ir reflected back from corn stalks. With pvs14 and 30mw Ir laser with narrow beam I could just make out for a shot. Entered at neck exited thru spine by kidneys. Barnes 62gr tsx. Yote 124 yds entered behind ear blew out eyeball on exit. Thermal is a game changer. Just seeing the animal is one thing,but being able to target with thermal is the even bigger game changer.
2013-01-18123953_zpsb47dc0f8.jpg
20130117_233533_zps2e7e5a90.jpg

Last edited:
FLIR is coming out with the T-65 later on this year to replace the current T-50, same beautiful clip on thermal weapon sight but with a 640X480 microbolometer that can be used in front of up to an 8X scope.

I love my T-50, and I am sure I will love that T-65 too!

Here is the FLIR T-70 courtesy of American Sniper & FLIR, by the WiseGuy:

http://vimeo.com/57558396

Enjoy

WiseGuy from FLIR Government Systems sent me this very nice autographed FLIR cap with a LED lighted visor and a great 2013 Calendar.

Thanks a bunch to the good folks @ FLIR, as I will be looking to acquire a FLIR T-65/T-70 later on this year when they are released.

It was great meeting you guys at the SHOT SHOW 2013 in Vegas, hope you did NOT get the flu there....

FLIR%20Hat.jpg

I am thinking about a PVS14, DBAL IR and a Helmet for scanning?

I currently have a Flir PS32 (Handheld) which is hard to put down and then find the critter in my D740.

Do i want to save some BUCKS and just get a helmet setup for my flir? I could scan with my left eye and then shoot with my right eye?

Your thoughts??

Thank you!

Back