KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

And another dog bites the dust @ 200 yards in the dark:

T50%20Coyote.jpg

SkyPup I have sure enjoyed following your posts and especialy all the killer pics, not to mention all the tips on Night Optics and also the Thermal Imagining. Just wanted to say thankyou for all the imformative posts and keep 'em coming as I think you've aquired quite a following and I know I can't wait to see what your gonna post next...I just moved back to GA from down around Saint Cloud, as I was going to MMI, I never knew there were so many song dogs in Florida, anyway keep stack'n 'em and keep us posted!!

Originally Posted By: harryheadshotSkyPup I have sure enjoyed following your posts and especialy all the killer pics, not to mention all the tips on Night Optics and also the Thermal Imagining. Just wanted to say thankyou for all the imformative posts and keep 'em coming as I think you've aquired quite a following and I know I can't wait to see what your gonna post next...I just moved back to GA from down around Saint Cloud, as I was going to MMI, I never knew there were so many song dogs in Florida, anyway keep stack'n 'em and keep us posted!!

I agree. I'm jealous, and want to get some equipment like yours so I can try my hand at night hunting instead of heading home after sunset. Keep the stories and pics coming.
thumbup1.gif

Thanks Guys!
thumbup1.gif
I enjoy trying to help folks out when I can.

Last night I had four coyotes in the tall grass around the pond behind my house, I saw them with the FLIR PS-32 in there but could not get a clear shot.

After waiting some three hours for them hunting mice, frogs, grasshoppers and such at the water interface in the deep grass and fennels, they finally came out about 11PM.

I set the cross-hairs of the thermal sight onto one and pulled the trigger and the bullet hit at his feet?

I had forgotten that I can only shoot on 1X Power and I had it on 2X power when I was scanning for them, this made my rifle shoot low.....
cursing.gif

Won't make that mistake again...but I did get another armadillo who crawled up onto my log stand with my Baby Browning .25ACP and added him to the feed pile.

We also got another hog the night before last, the biggest boar in awhile with 4" tusks!

Try a cottontail distress call, been using it to get them to come in. Just shot another yote night before last. You can even download an app for cell phone to make rodent, bird, howl, jack rabbit, cotton tail. Check local laws for using electronic call first
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I get allot of requests to post some pics of the internal reticules built into the FLIR T-50, here are two pics of the Browning M2 .50 Cal Machine Gun BDC reticule with Chevron using 1X power:

White reticule on Hogs:

Hogs%20White%20Reticule.jpg

Black reticule on a coytoe:

Coyote%20Black%20Reticule.jpg

Thanks for sharing...

Can you tell us the distance in those photos?

And can you show us a regular hunting scope with that flir t50 maybe set at 4 power and then 9 power. I know tnvc website says 4 or 6 power is the most...but would like to see how bad the image gets when you zoom...because some people say you cant zoom with pvs14 and i can get to 15 power and 20 power on some scopes..

10k on t50. Or remote control rooftop flir?? Does this model have the red or insta hot like the flir ps32?

Thanks...

Thanks for sharing...

Can you tell us the distance in those photos?

Hogs are about 125 yards and coyote is about 75 yards on 1X power.

And can you show us a regular hunting scope with that flir t50 maybe set at 4 power and then 9 power. I know tnvc website says 4 or 6 power is the most...but would like to see how bad the image gets when you zoom...because some people say you cant zoom with pvs14 and i can get to 15 power and 20 power on some scopes..

4X is the most without obtrusive pixelation on the T-50, I'll post some pics through my 4X ACOG later on...

10k on t50. Or remote control rooftop flir?? Does this model have the red or insta hot like the flir ps32?

No InstaAlert like the PS-32, only White or Black....

Thanks...

Anytime!

Beam Me Up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here!!!
tt2.gif

Thermal is not like NV as far a magnification goes, it is a live video camera feed at a set number of pixels, the more you blow up the picture, the more pixelated it will get.

T-50 works just fine @ 4X, beyond that it degrades rapidly.

Nice shooting...

Ok so now u been using this filter for a while. While I lost mine. Can you give a further review when you think its key to use and what setups.

Thanks

All of us in our hunting group are using our IR filters all the time on our helmet and weapon mounted PVS-14s, we never take them off. Works just fine for us.

the one I have I am afraid to use with my 3x because there aren't enough threads on it. the 3x only threads in about a quarter turn and I am afraid the 3x is going to loosen up and fall off and break so I never use it. not worth ruining a $500 magnifier to me. I use the Wilcox filter instead

10-4 on that.

One of the best things I like about them is the ability to use the PVS-14 before sunset and after dawn, two of the most difficult times to see anything with your own eyes or NV and also when there is considerable activity....

Back