KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

good going skypup,

checked a feeder I had set up for over a month with nothing on it, it even ran out of corn, checked it last night adn found hog tracks on it , time to refill the feeder, and set up the camera

Another one bit the dust last night...

Dom%20Hog.jpg

The peanut galley wants to hear the gun and scope used and other the logistics of the hog take down. Sometimes we can't get out at night so we just wakeup and read your posts!
thumbup1.gif

Same old same old, SIG 556 ACOG TA02 LED 4X32 matched up to FLIR T-50 Thermal using Barnes 70 grain handloads, doesn't get much better than this
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupSame old same old, SIG 556 ACOG TA02 LED 4X32 matched up to FLIR T-50 Thermal using Barnes 70 grain handloads, doesn't get much better than this
thumbup.gif

"Same old?"....Gotta love it! Some guys would die for your setup!
thumbup.gif

Was in the backyard tonight after sunset with the FoxPro Prairie Blaster setup playing "Cow Tip Cotton Tail".

Had the caller around 60 feet out in front of me hanging on a pine tree about four feet off the ground.

I had just started calling from my stand and within 30 seconds I noticed a heat signature about 250 yards out with the FLIR PS-32, immediately switched over to the FLIR T-50 Thermal Weapon Sight and zeroed in on this nice Bobcat. He slowly came in over a period of about 15 minutes and finally sat down on the edge of the tree canopy 150 yards out so that I could take aim at him.

Shot him once through the heart and he jumped about five feet in the air about a dozen times and ran 25 feet or so and died.

Too bad I did not have the video camera hooked up....

T50%20Bobcat1.jpg

T50%20Bobcat2.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupWas in the backyard tonight after sunset with the FoxPro Prairie Blaster setup playing "Cow Tip Cotton Tail".

Had the caller around 60 feet out in front of me hanging on a pine tree about four feet off the ground.

I had just started calling from my stand and within 30 seconds I noticed a heat signature about 250 yards out with the FLIR PS-32, immediately switched over to the FLIR T-50 Thermal Weapon Sight and zeroed in on this nice Bobcat. He slowly came in over a period of about 15 minutes and finally sat down on the edge of the tree canopy 150 yards out so that I could take aim at him.

Shot him once through the heart and he jumped about five feet in the air about a dozen times and ran 25 feet or so and died.

Too bad I did not have the video camera hooked up....

T50%20Bobcat1.jpg

T50%20Bobcat2.jpg

Just pure awesome there! GREAT looking cat!

Vic

Jumped another sow while walking down a forest jeep trail tonight, she was in the thick woods rooting up some acorns in a hardwood hammock, one shot right below the ear with the FLIR T-50 and Barnes 70 grain TSX and she fell over dead right there.

T50%20Hog2.jpg

T50%20Hog.jpg

Pup
I envy you guys having such a target rich environment,however I am glad and pray we never have to deal with wild hogs up here as an invasive species,bad enough the damage the coyotes have done up here.

Last edited:
Checked the game cam when I got home from work and lo and behold a nice big coyote was munching on my fresh hog offal after I cleaned up the hog we got last night.

I will be setup to rock and roll with the thermal tonight!

Coyote.jpg

Well, perseverance off! I have been after this dog all week now....

Was out with my FoxPro Prairie Blaster playing CowTip Cottontail @ 10:15PM and 30 seconds after I turned on the caller this nice furry 'yote came charging in out of the deep woods.

Picked his thermal image up with the FLIR PS 32 and turned on the FLIR T-50 and shot him once through the heart @ 150 yards with a handloaded Barnes 70gr. TSX.

T50%20Coyote2C.jpg

T50%20Coyote2B.jpg

Bagged another nice meat hog with the FLIR T-50 Thermal last night.

We had hiked through the woods about 3 miles or so with plenty of sign on a 1/4 Moon with no clouds and total stars out, the PVS-14s did a great job of allowing us to roam around in the moonlight underneath a hardwood hammock canopy.

Picked up this meat hog with the PVS-14 about 150 feet off the trail and my friend (SpeedQuest) would have to transition his PVS-14 from his helmet to behind his NV Eotech so I gave him my rifle and told him to take it out with the FLIP T50.

One handloaded Barnes 70gr TSX through the neck spine and he did not even twitch, DRT!
grin.gif

Nick%20T50%20Hog.jpg

Nick%20Hog%20T50.jpg

Nick%20&%20Hog.jpg

Am really enjoying the combination of the LDI DBAL-D2 IR laser and IR Ilum in conjunction with the FLIR T-50 thermal instrument, it is an awesome combination and virtually nothing gets away from us, nothing.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupAm really enjoying the combination of the LDI DBAL-D2 IR laser and IR Ilum in conjunction with the FLIR T-50 thermal instrument, it is an awesome combination and virtually nothing gets away from us, nothing.

Thanks for the 30-second loan of Thermal Imaging Equipment.

TNVC and crew... Thanks for making the kill possible!

Yes, thanks once again to TNVC for making it all possible with their first class state of the art NV and Thermal gear!
thumbup1.gif

It was a great time out in the woods, really a beautiful hardwood hammock too in the moonlight.

And you got to have expert instruction on dressing out your first hog, bet it won't be your last.....
scared.gif

We have to get home sooner than 4AM though, I was beat.

Originally Posted By: SpeedQuestOriginally Posted By: SkyPupAm really enjoying the combination of the LDI DBAL-D2 IR laser and IR Ilum in conjunction with the FLIR T-50 thermal instrument, it is an awesome combination and virtually nothing gets away from us, nothing.

Thanks for the 30-second loan of Thermal Imaging Equipment.

TNVC and crew... Thanks for making the kill possible!

All I know is I need to take more time off to get my share of critter downings!
sneaky2.gif

Thanks for the kind words!

Vic

Nailed this nice 200 pound boar tonight with the FLIR T-50 Thermal @ 80 yards with one Barnes 70 grain TSX to the head, DRT:

T50%20&%20Boar.jpg

Me%20&%20Boar.jpg

Now that the temperature is dropping after a LONG HOT summer, the FLIR T-50 is working 100% better allowing me much more long range and precise shots to the head, and not destroying any meat!

Hog%20Hanging.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOkay, this DBAL-I2 is beyond SICK, it is freakin" unreal awesome!!

I took a dozen 1/2 gallon orange juice jugs out (half gallon, not full gallon) and placed them in various depths @ 75 yards in the middle of the afternoon (3PM) in broad daylight, turned on the visible green laser, folded my stock in half and held the SIG carbine at my hip and rapidly shot all 12 of the jugs without a miss with the green dot.

I never thought this would be possible???

You should see what the I2 Class IIIb 100mW version does @ 200 yards in broad day light!
shocked.gif

Back