Tell Us A Little About Yourself

50 yo single male. I've lived in Arkansas all my life, I live on a 1500 acre dairy farm with coyotes everywhere.
I've herd people talking about this site so I thought I would give it a try.

New to this site. 62 yrs old. Been hunting, trapping and fishing for 52 years. Sometimes, parttime, even made a $1 at it. Retired now, so just gettin paid to have fun and drink beer. I think I'll enjoy the forums. Well, gotta go set... gillnet

Howdy,

I am 30yrs old and live in Gilbert, AZ with my wife and have one daughter. I have been shooting and hunting since I was about 8yrs old and still love it today. Got real into predator hunting a few years back and always striving to do better. Didn't get out as much as I would have liked to this year but still pulled out 10+ greys and I think 5-6 yotes. Hope to keep learning and go hunting with a few of you.

Weev-

48 yr old single man, lived on a farm most of my life. Enjoy hunting and shooting sports of just about any type. Reload most ammo for my shotguns and rifles. Mainly obsessed with hunting bobcats, then wild boar and alligators. Newest edition is a RRA A4 5.56 varmint 18" upper on a Stag arms lower receiver. Great forum!!! Randy Z.

Hello all,
I'm new to the site. First post here. I'm 41 years old, I hunt coyotes in CT,RI,and coyote/bobcat in ME. I deer hunt, turkey hunt, and I also run beagles for cottontails and snowshoe hare. I love to shoot rifles, I'm always lookin for something new to play with. I hunt coyotes with .223,.308,.30-06,7mmwsm,300wsm,.338 Federal, and the 12 GA. Taken a couple with the muzzleloader too. I shoot skeet in the summer to get me through till fall. I'm dying to head out west to call some dogs. I mostly call coyotes on farms here in CT.
They are the only properties that have wide open spaces that you can hunt with the rifle and really reach out, unless your on some power lines. In the woods its usually 100yds and under. I've shot some nice sized dogs here though.

I'm 55 years old. Live and hunt in East Texas. Do a lot of hunting, shooting (no longer competitively and reloading. I do most of my hunting on a 6027 acre hunting club in Sabine County, and some of the surrounding National Forrest. I especially do a lot of hog hunting. Have been calling in coyotes for about a year. Would like to converse with people in the Sabine County area.

I've been around for quite some time as you can see by my registration date. I refrain from posting much as I actually own one of the other Varmint Hunting sites and would not want to give the impression that I'm poaching or something. All that said, I don't own or sell any sort of product. I do "thin the herd" a bit as far as guns or gear goes but then usually just to get something I think I want even more.

I live in the Dallas, Texas area and have been Varmint Hunting for quite a few years. Those that know me from the "other site" can tell you more about me.

Oh, married and retired from the US Air Force in 2000.

Favorite calibers are 17 Remington and, of course, .223. I've played around with many of the others such as 22-250, 243, 308, 22 BR, but have always been more interested in the smaller calibers.

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Im Rob, 47 from Scotland. Been shooting since i was a teenager. Also a keen falconer and taxidermist. I shoot mainly Roe Deer with my .243 and foxes at night with my xbolt 22-250. Looking forward to reading some good stuff on here.

Cheers
Rob

If any of you guys are visiting Scotland, look me up and maybe we can have a go at a fox or deer.

40 years old have a awesome wife no kids unless i can call three labs and twenty chickens my kids .Sometimes it just doesnt work out...My luck. Been messing with predators for 22 years and still theve got me confused or maybee i confuse my self who knows. Been in hardware buisness for a long time even had my own contracting co. failed cause of economy. WELL YOULL GET THAT.Glad im on this forum great info from around the states.I beleave in god good freinds and the great outdoors!

36 years old. Married father of 2 boys. Hunting my whole life and still learning everytime I go out. Fairly new to predator hunting. Looking for guidance by those more experienced. I'll mostly read and look at all the wonderful pics you've shared. Wanted my first post to be an intro.

Hello all my name is Richard,I'm 46 I reside in Downey California, I am an avid reloader and I have been shooting for about 28 yrs now, I work as a ocean export coordinator in the city of Torrance, I try to introduce everyone I meet in the gun world to reloading, even though it's become a costly venture, I like to share reloading recipes and such with whomever might be in need. I look forward to the new threads I will encounter here.

Rich

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Call-and-KillSaw that this thread hasnt gotten any attention in a couple weeks so ill play. Im Cole Smith. Just turned 23 in August. Born in Texas, lived in Louisiana until I was 6 and then moved up to Montana. My family moved to Choteau, MT to raise their kids. As far as im concerned, they couldnt have chosen a better place. I love it up here. I like visiting family down south but have no intentions of moving back down there. My passions are predator calling, deer and elk hunting, gopher shooting, mudding, spending quality time with my 16 month old yellow lab, Jaeger, shooting any type of firearms, and anything else outdoors. I have the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. Her name is Dusti and we have been together for almost 2 years. She didnt grow up in a hunting home but wanted to try it. Needless to say, she killed her first deer/buck ever last year snd she is hooked for life! Im a 5th year senior at the University of Montana majoring in Communicative Sciences & Disorders (speech therapy). I want to work with little kids someday. Im a bolt action rifle guy but also own a couple lever actions. I have 3 younger siblings. My youngest brother is a coyote huntin fool when I can get back home to take him out. He actually shot the first coyote I ever called in out from under me! Just a broke country college kid tryin to make it in a tree huggin hippie town!

Well I've got some updating to do. First of all, I just turned 25. The girlfriend I was talking about in my last post, is now my wife. I asked her to marry me a couple days before Christmas. Here is how I asked her..
DSCN5179.jpg

The wind was blowing 50-60mph sustained and gusting even more. I told her that I wanted to go sight in my coyote rifle real quick so I could do some coyote hunting the next morning. Well I had written on the target already and took it down to the 100 yard backstop. She couldnt see the writing without a spotting scope so I stapled it up, went back, shot a couple times, and asked her to get the spotting scope and tell me where I hit. When she looked at the target, she started bawling and eventually said Yes!

Fast forward to July 7th.
376225_10151017632902398_1644851412_n.jpg

527375_4484372310074_1211849029_n.jpg

So thats how my last 8 months have been! Now Im chompin at the bit to go shoot some coyotes, deer, and elk.

I am a Phoenix resident that is married and in my late 30's.. I have two young girls that are in K, 1st grade.
Before this I was in the Marines for 10 years and loved it. I started hunting because my Grandfather told me once that you never want to be in a situation where you were dependent on someone. So i have tried to learn everything I could to be self sufficient. Hunting is just one of those things. I figure the US Gov. spent millions training me, I should use it. I got an elk tag and went out and filled it.. I was disappointed that it was over, and i started bird hunting and then saw a coyote and checked on hunting them,.. Been an addiction ever since. Now I am trying to get better and better, and learn how to skin and tan. It's a long path, and I figure talking to fellow hunters will make it fun along the way and learn a tip or two from everyone here.

New guy 35 years old from Northern,New York. I haven't hunted since I was 20. I was a party teenager and rolled with that attitude til my mid twenties. I missed it terribly so I figured I would start out again. I tried coyote when I was younger with a .22 mag and never got anything. Now T'm back to make up for some lost time. Just picked up a new .223 and .22-250 and looks like might be starting out on my own with it. My friends don't hunt anymore or are to busy with married life,kids,work etc. Anyone from the north up here and hunts please give me a inbox message! Love meeting new people!!

Well not exactly new here but finally back again with a new name. Formally meguide has changed to Harley D. Been a while since I have been here but really looking forward to catching up.

Just joined the forum. I'm new to predator calling, but not hunting. I'm living in Gilbert, AZ and finishing up undergrad at ASU. I look forward to contributing what I can to this awesome forum. For now I'll mostly be asking questions.

Originally Posted By: Call-and-KillOriginally Posted By: Call-and-KillSaw that this thread hasnt gotten any attention in a couple weeks so ill play. Im Cole Smith. Just turned 23 in August. Born in Texas, lived in Louisiana until I was 6 and then moved up to Montana. My family moved to Choteau, MT to raise their kids. As far as im concerned, they couldnt have chosen a better place. I love it up here. I like visiting family down south but have no intentions of moving back down there. My passions are predator calling, deer and elk hunting, gopher shooting, mudding, spending quality time with my 16 month old yellow lab, Jaeger, shooting any type of firearms, and anything else outdoors. I have the best girlfriend anyone could ask for. Her name is Dusti and we have been together for almost 2 years. She didnt grow up in a hunting home but wanted to try it. Needless to say, she killed her first deer/buck ever last year snd she is hooked for life! Im a 5th year senior at the University of Montana majoring in Communicative Sciences & Disorders (speech therapy). I want to work with little kids someday. Im a bolt action rifle guy but also own a couple lever actions. I have 3 younger siblings. My youngest brother is a coyote huntin fool when I can get back home to take him out. He actually shot the first coyote I ever called in out from under me! Just a broke country college kid tryin to make it in a tree huggin hippie town!

Well I've got some updating to do. First of all, I just turned 25. The girlfriend I was talking about in my last post, is now my wife. I asked her to marry me a couple days before Christmas. Here is how I asked her..
DSCN5179.jpg

The wind was blowing 50-60mph sustained and gusting even more. I told her that I wanted to go sight in my coyote rifle real quick so I could do some coyote hunting the next morning. Well I had written on the target already and took it down to the 100 yard backstop. She couldnt see the writing without a spotting scope so I stapled it up, went back, shot a couple times, and asked her to get the spotting scope and tell me where I hit. When she looked at the target, she started bawling and eventually said Yes!

Fast forward to July 7th.
376225_10151017632902398_1644851412_n.jpg

527375_4484372310074_1211849029_n.jpg

So thats how my last 8 months have been! Now Im chompin at the bit to go shoot some coyotes, deer, and elk.
Congratulations Cole and Dusti...very cool!!

Back