KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Here is a short 2MB WMV file of shooting two one gallon water jugs using the thermal optic @ 100 yards with a handloaded Hornady 75 grain BTHP:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/ACOG%20TO2/FLIR%20Water%20Jugs.wmv

I installed an ACOG TA02 4X32 LED on the rail and it really works sweet with the FLIR Thermal:

ACOG%20LED.jpg

SkyPup

I'm Looking for a I.R. laser that will reach 200 yards but still be usable at 20 yards.
Most shots in the 50-125 area.
Do you think the LAS/TAC 2 pistol laser would work for this.

Originally Posted By: family guySkyPup

I'm Looking for a I.R. laser that will reach 200 yards but still be usable at 20 yards.
Most shots in the 50-125 area.
Do you think the LAS/TAC 2 pistol laser would work for this.

Yes, that would be perfect, with a nice IR illuminator it would be even better....

Was out hog hunting tonight on my stand in the backyard and three nice boars were about 75 yards out from me and I was about to pull the trigger on them when I saw another thermal register in the far off distance and lo and behold it was a lone coyote sneaking in.

I first picked up the coyote and recognized it as a coyote @ 350 yards and waited until it came in for about two minutes with the hogs rooting up in front of me.

Let the coyote have a Barnes 70 grain TSX at 200 yards and knocked him down, he got back up and shot him down for good.

The hogs all let out a good squeal and headed out to the swamp.

The ACOG 4X32 TA02 and FLIR thermal is a really sweet night hunting setup, very pleased with the performance of the thermal instrument and the ACOG optic![:)]

Here is a 7.5MB WMV video of the coyote kill:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/ACOG%20TO2/Thermal%20Coyote%20Web.wmv

Coyote%20Head%20ACOG.jpg

Me%20&%20Coyote.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupIt must have been like what childbirth is all about but the size was considerably smaller....
blink.gif

Me rolling on the floor in the ER balled up in pain got their attention real good...what a relief to get over that ordeal.
tired.gif

I remember my 2, both while I was in the Navy, deployed in the Mediterranean. They both (different times) came out like little spiked balls like you would see on a knight's mace! I bled like a lung arrowed hog, and fell to my knees. Those hurt a LOT! I think the largest one was about the size of a dime point to point, the smaller one was about the size of a pea, but I would almost prefer to just have amputation if it happened again. Took a while before I could piss without excruciating pain, too, both times.

This thread has some amazing photos! I cannot imagine how hard it is to hold those rifles upright, aren't they excessively top-heavy? What do they weigh, anyway? We aren't allowed to hunt hogs in this part of the state anymore, evidently, sure wish I knew where I could go that was near here to hog hunt... I need the meat!

The rifles are NOT very heavy at all, I normally carry them out walking 2.5 miles to our stand and another 2.5 miles back, each one weighs 11.5 pounds with a 10 round magazine.

11.5 pounds for a verified sniper rifle is nothing....
wink.gif

It is worth it to know that virtually everything that comes between you and 225 yards is burnt toast.....
lol.gif

Here is the FLIR T-50 Advanced Thermal Weapon optic @ TNVC:

http://tnvc.com/shop/flir-advanced-combat-thermosight-t50/

How's this for light.
Carbon 15 with mx-160 and 4.5x lens (Thanks SkyPup).
Plan to add a LDI ITAL Class 1 IR Laser when it arrives Friday.
Tried the LDI LAS/TAC 2 Class 1 IR Pistol Laser last week but it would hold zero and did not track well.
Total weight should be under 7 lbs.

DSCN0866.jpg

Originally Posted By: family guyHow's this for light.
Carbon 15 with mx-160 and 4.5x lens (Thanks SkyPup).
Plan to add a LDI ITAL Class 1 IR Laser when it arrives Friday.
Tried the LDI LAS/TAC 2 Class 1 IR Pistol Laser last week but it would hold zero and did not track well.
Total weight should be under 7 lbs.

DSCN0866.jpg

Woa, nothing wrong with lugging that around!
wink.gif

Very nice.

Vic

OMG

I was just out using the helmet mounted PVS-14 to scope out my new TNVC IR Torch Pro and DBAL-I2 IR Laser looking west when a HUGE meteorite streaked across the sky from North to South leaving a trail at least 50 miles long.

This thing looked like a Saturn V rocket going sideways!

Just freakin' awesome!!!

I saw many more minor meteors but this thing was the real thing.

Check it out, they are coming down strong now....

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOMG

I was just out using the helmet mounted PVS-14 to scope out my new TNVC IR Torch Pro and DBAL-I2 IR Laser looking west when a HUGE meteorite streaked across the sky from North to South leaving a trail at least 50 miles long.

This thing looked like a Saturn V rocket going sideways!

Just freakin' awesome!!!

I saw many more minor meteors but this thing was the real thing.

Check it out, they are coming down strong now....

Stinks living on the WEST coast at times like this!!! Arghhh

71742928.jpg

Conditions should be just about heavenly for viewing this weekend's Perseid meteor shower, typically one of the year's most spectacular arrays of shooting stars.

First there's the timing: Saturday night into early Sunday morning. That means kids can stay up late for a little stargazing in the name of science. Just tell 'em how the meteors are wee grains of dust that appear when Earth passes through the tail of comet Swift-Tuttle. And they're traveling at an astounding 130,000 mph.

Then there's the moon, or lack thereof. The moon, a waning crescent, won't rise until about 3 a.m. Sunday, leaving the sky unobscured.

Thanks Vic, it is indeed an AWESOME setup.

Just simply outstanding instrument with stellar performance!

That target was on my game cam tree in the backyard at a laser measured 175 yards, I have shot three coons and two possums at night from my stand with the FLIR Thermal (in addition to numerous hogs and coytotes), which consists of a couple of big logs I have setup on a berm overlooking a prairie pond where the hogs hang out. The rifle was resting on the logs.

I think I could probably hit a squirrel or crow at that distance at night with it!
grin.gif

In fact we are going out hogging later on tonight with it!
smile.gif

Whelp, it was raining again tonight but the mosquitoes were not so bad. We went out and check two different spots that we have been monitoring for hog signs and nailed a hog at each spot.

First spot was near a feeder we had hiked out about a mile to and spotted this boar out about 300 yards with the FLIR PS-32 and sneaked in closer to get a line on him, finally layed down on the wet ground to get a good prone shot since it was 150 yards out, turned on the FLIR T-50 and shot him through the lungs with a Barnes 70 grain TSX, he went about 25 feet and collapsed.

FLIR%20T50%20Hog1.jpg

HOG%20T50%20Hog1B.jpg

Walked back to the truck and drove in and loaded up this boar and then left and drove a couple miles over to another spot we have set up a live trap, feeder, and stand.

Rain was still drizzling and real quiet with no wind. Was on the stand for about two hours when I saw this sow cross over a jeep trail about 1/4 mile out. Waited another good hour and was about to leave to head home when I noticed some faint thermal images with the FLIR PS-32 in a dense thicket about 100 yards out, could not tell what it was but figured it was a coon since a family of seven coons had been going in and out of the live trap.

Walked over to the thicket and turned on the FLIR T-50 and saw the outline of a hog in the thick woods but could not see anything with the PVS-14 and IR Illuminators, put the ACOG crosshairs on the lungs and did a Double Tap since the woods were so thick there I did not want to be trying to walk

around trying to find a dead hog in a dense underbrush. Hog made it about ten feet and dropped dead! Had to drag it out of the thicket about 50 feet to the trail.

FLIR%20T50%20Hog2.jpg

FLIR%20T50%20Me%20Hog2.jpg

Back