KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: ShurshotI was referring to the helmet mount. I still need to order a helmet mount and a helmet.

Gotcha, there are quite a few choices about that for sure....

I was able to get a super sweet FLIR T60 for our hunt group after looking around for a good 640X480 thermal, wanted to stick with totally FLIR products.

We already have a FLIR T-50 and it is very nice but the T-60 is just awesome with the increased camera resolution.

The T-50 has the FLIR 320X240 microbolometer while the T-60 has the 30Hz 640X480 microbolometer, giving it a 5X increase in pixels and a super sharp much longer range view. Just and incredible unit!

The T-60 is quite a bit different that the T-50, although they both have the same size 60mm Germanium lens.

The T-60 is about 1.5 inches longer and has two camera viewing selections, a 0.5X zoom with a 14 degree field of view for scanning and a 1.0X zoom with a 7 degree field of view for shooting. The 1X field of view matches the ACOGs and is the normal view for aiming and firing. Human detection is listed as 880 meters or about 1/2 mile.

The T-60 also does not have the internal reticules built into it like the T-50 does.

The T-60 also has an NTSC RS-170 monochrome video output and came with an excellent high tech waterproof mini DVR with the connection cables.

When the mosquitoes calm down around here, I'll get some hunting action videos, but in the meantime here are some pics of the instrument:

Left%20Side.jpg

Left%20Front%20T60.jpg

Left%20T60.jpg

Right%20Side.jpg

Right%20Front%20T60.jpg

Right%20Side%20T60.jpg

Here are two pics of white and black of my game cam tree @ 175 yards with a squirrel at the bottom of the tree, you can see my camera about four feet up the trunk.

Tree%20Squirrel.jpg

Squirrel%20Black.jpg

These were taken from the NTSC 30Hz video output of the scope itself and do not show the 3X magnification that I am seeing with the Eotech.

Here are a couple of pics taken through the Eotech 3X Magnifier though the FLIR T-60.

Guys, you gotta remember that these photos DO NOT do justice to the real image this instrument put out!

You can see the Bushnell Trophy Cam on the tree trunk in these pics.

175%20Yards%20Eotech%203X%20White.jpg

175%20Yards%20Eotech%203X%20Black.jpg

Okay, after dinner tonight I walked out into the backyard over to the barn to fix the water pump and took my FLIR -PS-32, after working on the pump I looked out towards my game cam tree @ 175 yards and saw a nice Sounder Group with two large sows over a dozen piglets.

Ran back to the house to open the safe and get my T-60 out and plugged in the miniDVR and ran back down to take them out.

By the time I got back out they were gone, however there were two cottontails right where the hogs were just minutes earlier, so I took a two minute 8MB 640X480 WMV video of them through the T-60.

The raw video file is an AVI file that is 32MBs, converting to WMV ends up being 8MB and a bit degraded by about a factor of 4X.

Should have had some swine but instead I got bunnies....
blush.gif

You have to realize that I am looking at the same scene magnified 3X through the Eotech with no pixelation or distortion.

Here it is:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T60/Flir%20T60%20Bunnies.wmv

Next time it will be assploding pigs....
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOkay, after dinner tonight I walked out into the backyard over to the barn to fix the water pump and took my FLIR -PS-32, after working on the pump I looked out towards my game cam tree @ 175 yards and saw a nice Sounder Group with two large sows over a dozen piglets.

Ran back to the house to open the safe and get my T-60 out and plugged in the miniDVR and ran back down to take them out.

By the time I got back out they were gone, however there were two cottontails right where the hogs were just minutes earlier, so I took a two minute 8MB 640X480 WMV video of them through the T-60.

The raw video file is an AVI file that is 32MBs, converting to WMV ends up being 8MB and a bit degraded by about a factor of 4X.

Should have had some swine but instead I got bunnies....
blush.gif

You have to realize that I am looking at the same scene magnified 3X through the Eotech with no pixelation or distortion.

Here it is:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T60/Flir%20T60%20Bunnies.wmv

Next time it will be assploding pigs....
grin.gif

MUST take shootin' stick with you at all times in your target rich environment! ;-)

Vic

The hogs were back at 6:30AM when I left for work this morning.
cursing.gif

I predict there should be some more pork in the freezer by this weekend.
grin.gif

I see you finally ran out of space on that top rail!
w00t.gif

that is one Star Trek machine there! wish I had that thermal!

The UPS man suprised me today and delivered my I2!
thumbup.gif

it fills my top rail too...
lol.gif

back to the range tomorrow...

I was all setup on my stand and right after dark about 8 BIG hogs came out of the woods towards the game cam feeder tree.

I had the video on great recording the hogs from the first time they became visible out in the distance to the time they made it to the feeder 175 yards out, had about three minutes of real nice video and then I took the shot on this large boar hog about 275 pounds with a set of nutz the size of a dinner plate.

I had the sight on his lungs right behind his shoulder, he ran about 25 feet and collapsed DRT.

Unfortunately I unplugged the video cable without turning off the mini DVR digital recorder and it corrupted the [beeep] video SDHC card #*+_@**[:(
cursing.gif
cursing.gif

It would have been awesome with all those hogs on it and the audio too....

So, here is a short video of me picking him up into the grapple on my tractor loader backhoe after I sorted out the video cable problems...next time I will get it right.

Anyhow, I am SUPER IMPRESSED with the FLIR THERMALS, they are just totally awesome instruments!!
thumbup.gif

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/DBAL%20D2/T60%20Hog.wmv

nice job! too bad about the card! they say experience is the best teacher though...
rolleyes.gif

sure would be nice to have all those targets right outside the door! keep em comin SkyPup!

Originally Posted By: ShurshotI see you finally ran out of space on that top rail!
w00t.gif

that is one Star Trek machine there! wish I had that thermal!

The UPS man suprised me today and delivered my I2!
thumbup.gif

it fills my top rail too...
lol.gif

back to the range tomorrow...

Don't forget you can sight in your DBAL-I2 lasers off your red dot sight.....

Which visible laser did you get? Did you go GREEN?

SkyPup
yes I got the green laser. I just got 500 rounds of 55 gr HPBT from HSM so I want to shoot it at 100 yards and get the best group I can with that ammo. I didn't make it to the range today because I have been dealing with the insurance company on my truck. after I get it sighted I will put the laser on it and coexist it with the Aimpoint. then I will be ready to do some target practice at night with the PVS on the helmet. I still really need to get a daytime 3x so I can see the target better to sight at 100 yards but the 1x should be close enough to get me in the kill zone. I will take a few more pictures when I get it all setup.

Here is a two minute 5MB WMV video I made tonight with the FLIR T-50 of a sounder group that was in a pond surrounded by a tall stand of dog fennels and weeds, I had to wait patiently for two hours to get a good shot.

Thank God for my ThermaCell as the skeets were trying to eat me alive.

Took out one of the sows with a hand-loaded Barnes 70 grain TSX from my SIG 556 using the Eotech 552 and 3X Magnifier @ 80 yards,

The 325 pound sow goes down with the first shot and stays down, but I shot her once more for insurance since she was in two feet of muck. I was up to my knees in mud hooking up the tow line from the ATV to get her out of there.

The FLIR T-50 that Vic from TNVC sold me is a solid instrument the definitely brings home da bacon....
thumbup1.gif

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T50/Dead%20Hog%20WEB2.wmv

I could have shot multiple hogs using the FLIR thermal as it is the best for follow up shots as you do NOT lose sight of anything using the thermal.

I was by myself and dragging that sow out of the knee deep muck and hooking her up to the 4WD ATV was a major PITA alone, just barely able to get the ATV out without getting stuck.

The freezer is totally full too, will have to give away some hams, shoulders, loins, etc. before I take out any more swine.

Once I get more freezer space and have some friends over, I can go ZOMBIE on those hogs as I could have gone nutz and shot 5 or 6 of them in the video....
scared.gif

Took my 11 year old grandson out tonight for hogs and coyotes, all we saw were coons and armadillos but he still had quite a blast, he thinks NV gear and IR lasers are AWESOME!
grin.gif

Noa%20PVS-14%20B.jpg

Back