FRIDAY NIGHT MUSIC THREAD...

Rush, Clockwork Angels so far is turning out to be a [beeep] good sounding album. Haven't heard all of it yet.

It is a "story" record, in that the entire album tells a fictional story that Neal cooked up, but each song is written to stand alone. Drums, bass, guitar & vocals. I don't think they use any synth on it at all.

Title track:

Rush, Clockwork Angels is a damned good CD. There isn't a bad song on it. All are on youtube. If you want them in order:

Caravan
B U 2 B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities Of Gold
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
B U 2 B 2
Wish Them Well
The Garden

there's a good interview with Neal, about 43 minutes, where he talks about how the idea originated, the production of the music, and the story itself. Here:

all 3 are in their 60's now, but they keep creating original works and doing these lengthy live tours. they generally play 2 1/2 - 3 hrs per show and have done this for a lot of years now.

Geddy has said they have to limit shows to every other day as his vocals can't handle every day now. He can't hit the highs he did when he was younger, either, but his vocal range is still friggin' insane.

the story starts with a young man leaving home to seek his adventures in the world and appears to span at least through middle age, maybe older.

it's a world where fire & steam are the power sources. The Watchmaker is God in that world and he visits the world in disguise.

There will be a full novelization of the story released in september, co written by a scifi author that neal has been friends with for many years.

Such a beautiful little girl.
Grew into a beautiful woman.
And from day one, she has had a beautiful voice, IMHO......

100_1604.jpg

Sometimes I like to get on my Bad Motor Scooter

what Hooked looks like: well picture is ~1yr old my hairline may have receded another 1/8" lol
CIMG1649.jpg

Man you guys are right on point this evening! Excellent choices men. I'm gonna have to cast around and see what catches my ear this evening. Be back soon...
smile.gif

Hooked...
Ol' Junior's got a lot to smile about this season, thank goodness. Hope he has another good race tonight @ Daytona.

Well, I didn't make it here yesterday, so here's my selections this week...a few old songs I used to have on LPs back in the day, & liked to listen to on rainy days.......

A great songwriter who, IMHO, didn't get as much respect as he should have......

Another great singer/songwriter/group......

A little known fact is that this lady played drums on most of her recordings.
And as Nick Cage said in Ghost Rider , "Shhh, you're steppin' on Karen"......

Back